HCSO Hiring process
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

HCSO Hiring process

Just started the hiring process. Can someone inform me what could be a DQ during this process? I have a clean back ground, credit was terrible few years ago but its good again and i am veteran.

Unregistered

DQ's

Drug use (type of drugs; last time used) Employment (broken military time, discharge type, long periods of unemployment) Failed psych eval. Lying during any point of the hiring process. Most applicants who refuse to do the 2 week SOT are veterans or prior LEO. Don't DQ yourself because of an ego. It's only 10 days of bullshit. Everyone makes it seem like a HUGE inconvenience. It's 10 days. 10 Days.

Unregistered
    Who do you know to expedite the hiring process for you. Politics play a big part in getting hired. A 4 year degree helps. Are you a minority? Female? Being a vet doesn't mean crap, unless you were stationed at Macdill and connected.

Unregistered
    And I would seriously consider another agency. Maybe a smaller one. Or another county like Orange County. Out of the Bay Area. Or a small police agency.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who do you know to expedite the hiring process for you. Politics play a big part in getting hired. A 4 year degree helps. Are you a minority? Female? Being a vet doesn't mean crap, unless you were stationed at Macdill and connected.

This is an outright lie. if you are a veteran you are looked upon with a lot more respect and admiration than a 4 year degree holder and generally will be hired. Stop spreading lies malcontent.

Unregistered
    I apologize. Being a vet is definetly a plus. But it doesn't compare to being a black,Hispanic or female. Also, nothing trumps politics and who you or your people know.

Unregistered
    This is an outright lie. if you are a veteran you are looked upon with a lot more respect and admiration than a 4 year degree holder and generally will be hired. Stop spreading lies malcontent.
    The above is true. Vets are generally treated slightly better than college grads, but only slightly and not always. If you speak another language that's a plus (although you won't be compensated until after probation period).

Who you know only helps the recruiting process slightly. Speaking from experience, it helped very little.

Lying, smoking within 6 months, driving records, and being out of shape are the fastest ways to get DQ'd. If you barely pass the PEB you will not finish SOT. You can also get DQ'd for psych towards the end of the process.

Unregistered
    Oh yeah. Tons of respect. You'll be respected so much you won't be allowed to bid to the squad of your choice despite seniority because two guys on the squad are already on a specialty team.

Unregistered
    I don't know anyone, but I am a college grad with infantry training. I have the PEB in a couple weeks not worried about anything physical. I have a very clean driving record but three years ago my credit was terrible. Also I don't smoke never have. I have been told that HCSO is very undermanned and that's the reason I have applied. I appreciate the info!

Unregistered
    I don't know anyone, but I am a college grad with infantry training. I have the PEB in a couple weeks not worried about anything physical. I have a very clean driving record but three years ago my credit was terrible. Also I don't smoke never have. I have been told that HCSO is very undermanned and that's the reason I have applied. I appreciate the info!

U will be ok. Go into oral boards and be honest and up front. All will be fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast