So Many Deputies for a Simple Situation?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

So Many Deputies for a Simple Situation?

Why does it take 3-4 deputies and a sergeant to handle a situation with a DUI/Reckless Driver? It is a waste of taxpayer dollars for so many deputies to be trying to get on tv by showing up and trying make like they are needed at the scene.

All I can say was this was a major cluster **** and a waste of man power and tax payer dollars. The dumbass had it made until he voluntarily said that the marijuana was his.

What BS. Two witnesses, one says the dumbass wasn't the driver and one who says it was. So of course the deputy only uses the one who say he was. But of course, that witness' comments were conveniently left off of tv so no one knows what was really said.

This LivePD is really showing how shady Pasco SO really is.

Unregistered
    Another internet law enforcement expert provides his input above.

Moron.

Unregistered
    I have to agree with the OP. I believe that there were too many deputies on the scene for this type of call. Plus I think it was poorly handled. Not v ery professionally done what so ever.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have to agree with the OP. I believe that there were too many deputies on the scene for this type of call. Plus I think it was poorly handled. Not v ery professionally done what so ever.
    Sorry, that should say, "Not very professionally done what so ever."

Unregistered
    I love how people say it's a "waste of taxpayer's money" when they see things going on with law enforcement that they have no clue about, or they are just plain cop-haters. The same people never say it's a waste of taxpayer's money when they see the county blowing money on pet projects, when they see three county trucks and workers standing around staring for hours into a hole, when they see two engine companies showing up to a small brush fire that "could easily be handled" by one, or when they see the other REAL waste that goes on every day in this county. Bottom line, all the officers on the street are paid out of a singular budget that gets approved annually, and regardless of what you see on "Cops" or "LivePD", every one of those officers has a patrol beat and works every day to keep this county safe. But there's always one moron sitting in his stained Laz-Z Boy drinking a Busch who watches one scene and automatically thinks it's a waste of taxpayer's money, because he likes smoking weed and doesn't like watching people get busted for it. Give me a break.

Unregistered
    I like how cop haters selectively take information from a situation then want to use that to come up with a half assed opinion of something they know nothing about. When you take the cop hating filter off the situation, a blind man can see that situation was not a DUI stop. This guy fled from a traffic stop, making it a fleeing to elude situation, which by the way, the SCOTUS has deemed a violent act. So, of course, multiple deputies are going to respond to the area to try and locate the suspect. And, last time I checked, a sergeant is still a deputy. Then there's the witnesses. Yes, one said he was the driver and one thought he was the passenger. Witness testimony has been proven to be one of the least reliable forms of evidence but most often that's all law enforcement has to go off of. If only there was some other evidence that could have shown he was the driver. Oh yea, HE HAD THE KEYS TO THE TRUCK IN HIS POCKET. But little things like that don't fit the cop haters narratives very well so they tend to ignore those things.

Unregistered
    I like how cop haters selectively take information from a situation then want to use that to come up with a half assed opinion of something they know nothing about. When you take the cop hating filter off the situation, a blind man can see that situation was not a DUI stop. This guy fled from a traffic stop, making it a fleeing to elude situation, which by the way, the SCOTUS has deemed a violent act. So, of course, multiple deputies are going to respond to the area to try and locate the suspect. And, last time I checked, a sergeant is still a deputy. Then there's the witnesses. Yes, one said he was the driver and one thought he was the passenger. Witness testimony has been proven to be one of the least reliable forms of evidence but most often that's all law enforcement has to go off of. If only there was some other evidence that could have shown he was the driver. Oh yea, HE HAD THE KEYS TO THE TRUCK IN HIS POCKET. But little things like that don't fit the cop haters narratives very well so they tend to ignore those things.

Attn: Mr. I like or Mr. I Love. (wild guess, same person)

Here's the thing sport. As a 20 plus year LEO I can see the stupid crap on LIVE for what it is, and so can others. Let us all be honest here, the amount of STUPID done in PASCO is great. The deputies are underpaid and the road is understaffed. The "PR Machine" just wants Pasco / Nacho on TV.

That said, yes, a fleeing call is a "Hot Call" that gets everyone running to it. A good Sgt would politely excuse a few deputies to go back x8. Go serve a DVI or something!

Now - carry on with your *****ing.

Unregistered
    Its funny to read the Pasco pinheads defend anything they do. Pssssst if you have that many cars so close something is wrong. If that many cars went to a traffic stop something is wrong. It seems at times Pasco tends to flock and hang out. Its easily seen driving by. So squeal youre always discussing cop stuff and we can call b.s. on that. Its called coverage and when you flock and gather you deprive people of coverage and that makes you the one whos half assed. So you say fled a traffic stop and needed to be located? Why couldnt who was trying to stop him follow him? So if thats the case lets call bs to your deputies responding to try and find him. Witness testimony is all you have to go off of? What about the cop who was trying to stop him? Didnt ID the driver prior to initiating a stop? Geeeeez no wonder you look stupid. And you think kets in a pocket is what? Evidence? Child please. So here you are crying cop haters and your story is full of holes and very unprofessional in the least. Im still laughing at your fled a traffic stop but didnt have the skill to keep him in sight so everybody had to rush in fairytale. What was he driving a Formula One car? Please.

Unregistered
    I notice on these threads how the deputies claim that they are always short handed and run from call to call.

But on LivePD, there are always plenty of deputies on every traffic stop for burned out tag lights, or whatever else they pull people over for. My point is, I believe that the agency is putting a bunch of deputies out together for this tv show, when many of them could be answering calls, or doing something else to help prevent or detect crime.

Most of these traffic stops that take place don't require 3-4 deputies on them. Even the one in this case, I counted at least 5 deputies at the scene. For a fleeing and eluding where the vehicle has been found empty, that's probably more than enough. I'm sure there was other police work that could have been done at that time.

Unregistered
    I notice on these threads how the deputies claim that they are always short handed and run from call to call.

But on LivePD, there are always plenty of deputies on every traffic stop for burned out tag lights, or whatever else they pull people over for. My point is, I believe that the agency is putting a bunch of deputies out together for this tv show, when many of them could be answering calls, or doing something else to help prevent or detect crime.

Most of these traffic stops that take place don't require 3-4 deputies on them. Even the one in this case, I counted at least 5 deputies at the scene. For a fleeing and eluding where the vehicle has been found empty, that's probably more than enough. I'm sure there was other police work that could have been done at that time.
    How did a vehicle that was wanted for fleeing and eluding get away and yet be found empty? Hmmmmmmm. Whatever happened to the pursuer? Hmmmmmm. Someone had to determine there was a fleeing and eluding. How did the fool manage to get away from what a marked unit with lights and siren? Who was driving the unit Stevie Wonder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast