Patrol Rifles - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrol Rifles

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to long ago they were asking for our rifle serial numbers. We had to fill out that inventory form and turn it in asap.
    Wow you must be a genius!! How do you think they found out some of them were missing!!

Unregistered
    What are Troopers using the rifle for that the M16 doesn't work for? Your not clearing buildings or any kind of CQB. Standing perimeter or doing a vehicle take down the rifles are more than fine for..
    That’s exactly the type of narrow minded thinking that prevents the Patrol’s equipment and policy from moving forward into the 21st century, on par with other agencies.

Are the old M-16 rifles functional? Yes.

Do they instantly reveal their age to any knowledgeable LEO/military person? Yes.
    It’s also poor image.

Could newer rifles offer other options (weight, sights, attachments, etc), be better suited and more adaptable? Yes.

Unregistered

Poppy****!

That’s exactly the type of narrow minded thinking that prevents the Patrol’s equipment and policy from moving forward into the 21st century, on par with other agencies.

Do they instantly reveal their age to any knowledgeable LEO/military person? Yes.
    It’s also poor image.

Could newer rifles offer other options (weight, sights, attachments, etc), be better suited and more adaptable? Yes.
    Thats ridiculous our mission is crashes and writing tickets active shooter situations never happen on our highway!! Next troopers will be asking for plate carriers with ballistic plates in them it wouldnt look good with the campaign cover!!......(sarcasm &#128521

Unregistered

It’s also poor image.

Funny you mention IMAGE if you had come out and said "cause I want to look cool" I would have had more respect for you and your comments here.

First off the M16 is still issue to many many non combat arms troops. Yes its the A2 version but its basically the same rifle. Now since Troopers will almost never clear a building or do anything else that requires the cool guy gear you think you need.

I will give you the rifle could def use a light but to other than that..

A M4 unloaded weighs 7.5 lbs loaded vs M16 A1 8.6 so I agree there is a 1 lbs difference but the minute you go hanging all that "high speed" crap you think you need on your rifle the weigh is actually more. So next argument?

The m16 is the SAME EXACT function as the newer rifles you so desperately have convinced yourself you need. Ok so its full-auto vs 3 rd burst or semi but minus the barrel its the same rifle.

Being a member of the military and Law enforce you crying about age or the image of the weapon makes me just laugh in your face..

Yes the entire AR series weapons platform is OLD, but they still work and yes your M16 is still firing just fine.. Come back to me when the barrel or the throat erosion makes it fall out of spec then you will have a valid argument in my book.

If you have the need to "look cool" go buy your own shit and do it then!!!

Unregistered
    Thats ridiculous our mission is crashes and writing tickets active shooter situations never happen on our highway!! Next troopers will be asking for plate carriers with ballistic plates in them it wouldnt look good with the campaign cover!!......(sarcasm &#128521
    Its not like you guys would even show up to an active shooter when invited...

Unregistered
    BAM! Haha! 😆 FHP did, do direct traffic. 😂

Unregistered

208 king

I can’t go! I have more important things to do. 208! $$$$$$ 🤣🤣🤣

Dolla bill
    Sitting behind an asphalt truck for 8 hours with my lights flashing and my i-phone in my face

Unregistered
    Funny you mention IMAGE if you had come out and said "cause I want to look cool" I would have had more respect for you and your comments here.

First off the M16 is still issue to many many non combat arms troops. Yes its the A2 version but its basically the same rifle. Now since Troopers will almost never clear a building or do anything else that requires the cool guy gear you think you need.

I will give you the rifle could def use a light but to other than that..

A M4 unloaded weighs 7.5 lbs loaded vs M16 A1 8.6 so I agree there is a 1 lbs difference but the minute you go hanging all that "high speed" crap you think you need on your rifle the weigh is actually more. So next argument?

If you have the need to "look cool" go buy your own shit and do it then!!!
    You said it best with “go buy your own shit and do it then!” Since that’s what most want to do.

Argue all you like. I could care less personally.

But it doesn’t change the fact it is old fashioned like the rest of the Patrol.

Unregistered
    You said it best with “go buy your own shit and do it then!” Since that’s what most want to do.

Argue all you like. I could care less personally.

But it doesn’t change the fact it is old fashioned like the rest of the Patrol.
    Show me why you NEED not WANT but NEED anything else? Give me a situation or time when a TROOPER need something else? The way most Troopers shoot you probably shouldnt have rifles at alll..

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast