Off duty Rate needs to Increase - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    The real issue here is when are they going to get smart and just make on large metro agency. We would all get the same pay and the criminals wouldnt be able to run in/out of the city/county committing crimes. We would all be on one page and it would be a much more effective crime fight. I have worked at both agencies and there is really no difference. There is the same bullshit at each agency.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not discounting the benefits mentioned about TPD above, but remember they pay upwards of 10-15% to their pension. Our take home pay is higher, especially with the raises we have been getting each year. Master Deputy at $85,000 now and will probably go up again next year.

As for working conditions, yeah TPD is a mile ahead of us.

Funny thing for any D4 people on here regarding the 30 cops in a minute comment above: could you imagine Sgt. TA seeing 30 cops on a call (let alone 2 cops). He'd spit out his cigar and lose his mind lol.
    This is a common misconception deputies have partly because Chief Docobo spews this lie st his meetings. I will provide the correct information once again back by facts.

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/getattac...Certified.aspx

That is your most recent pay scale. Your step 11 “Master Deputy” is $35.84 an hour, base on a 2184 hour a year schedule that’s $78,274.56 a year. Now maybe y’all have some señorito pay or bonus to get you closer to your quoted $85,000 but we have those as well. I don’t see anywhere on your scale that it says you’ll make $85,000 base.

At this contract MPO at TPD maxes out at $43.05 an hour ($7.21 more an hour than your max). Based on a 2080 year (104 hours worked less than you) that’s $89,554 a year. If we worked the same 2184 hours you did it would be $94,021 vs your $78,274 on 2184 hours.

Now here is where Docobo spreads his lies. He says oh they pay 15% into pension do you as a deputy pocket more. They used to pay your 3% into FRS, some deputies believe they still do, please take a look at your pay stubs, you now pay the 3% into FRS after the first round of raised a few years back following the 5 year freeze on the pay scale.

The most we have paid for pension recently was 12.8% however this last month it had been reduced to 10% but we don’t pay the 6.2% into social security like you do. So HCSO pays a total of 9.2% intoned retirement accounts (6.2 social security and 3 frs). We pay a flat 10% so we only pay less than one percent more than you .08%.

What does that mean TPD $43.05 an hour - 10% ($4.30) = $38.74 net in pocket (outside of federal taxes obviously that we both pay)

HCSO $35.84 an hour - 9.2% (SS plus FRS) $3.52 = $32.32 in pocket, a whole $6.42 an hour less in your pocket or $13,353 a year based off of 2080 hours a year. So you have to work 100 hours more to make $13,353 less in Pocket. If our fictitious MPO here was on midnights he would make almost $16,000 more than your master deputy a year.

I commend your effort to stay positive but instead of believing the spoon fed bs line Docobo feeds you in his mass meetings get online pull the scales and contracts carefully examine your pay stubs and do the research for yourself. You do not make more in pocket than a TPD officer, your making on average 15%-20% less in pocket than a TPD and you have none of the other benefits like union. You guys have great infrastructure, resources, gear, cars, solid people on the road, a union and banding together to fight for a little better pay and contract, more troops on the road, give the morale back to the troops and HCSO would be a far better place to work than TPD but as it stands now it isn’t.

Unregistered
    This is a common misconception deputies have partly because Chief Docobo spews this lie st his meetings. I will provide the correct information once again back by facts.

That is your most recent pay scale. Your step 11 “Master Deputy” is $35.84 an hour, base on a 2184 hour a year schedule that’s $78,274.56 a year. Now maybe y’all have some señorito pay or bonus to get you closer to your quoted $85,000 but we have those as well. I don’t see anywhere on your scale that it says you’ll make $85,000 base.

At this contract MPO at TPD maxes out at $43.05 an hour ($7.21 more an hour than your max). Based on a 2080 year (104 hours worked less than you) that’s $89,554 a year. If we worked the same 2184 hours you did it would be $94,021 vs your $78,274 on 2184 hours.

Now here is where Docobo spreads his lies. He says oh they pay 15% into pension do you as a deputy pocket more. They used to pay your 3% into FRS, some deputies believe they still do, please take a look at your pay stubs, you now pay the 3% into FRS after the first round of raised a few years back following the 5 year freeze on the pay scale.

The most we have paid for pension recently was 12.8% however this last month it had been reduced to 10% but we don’t pay the 6.2% into social security like you do. So HCSO pays a total of 9.2% intoned retirement accounts (6.2 social security and 3 frs). We pay a flat 10% so we only pay less than one percent more than you .08%.

What does that mean TPD $43.05 an hour - 10% ($4.30) = $38.74 net in pocket (outside of federal taxes obviously that we both pay)

HCSO $35.84 an hour - 9.2% (SS plus FRS) $3.52 = $32.32 in pocket, a whole $6.42 an hour less in your pocket or $13,353 a year based off of 2080 hours a year. So you have to work 100 hours more to make $13,353 less in Pocket. If our fictitious MPO here was on midnights he would make almost $16,000 more than your master deputy a year.

I commend your effort to stay positive but instead of believing the spoon fed bs line Docobo feeds you in his mass meetings get online pull the scales and contracts carefully examine your pay stubs and do the research for yourself. You do not make more in pocket than a TPD officer, your making on average 15%-20% less in pocket than a TPD and you have none of the other benefits like union. You guys have great infrastructure, resources, gear, cars, solid people on the road, a union and banding together to fight for a little better pay and contract, more troops on the road, give the morale back to the troops and HCSO would be a far better place to work than TPD but as it stands now it isn’t.

Even though we pay 3% towards FRS, we get back a little more than 3% in an additional stipend. But everything else is spot on.

I told you that our command staff does not believe we are as good as TPD officers.... And the numbers provided above are more proof.

Unregistered
    How is TPD with getting their officers going home to their families on time? Are you guys given time to write reports? Like over lap shifts or specific administrative time? Its those two things that can make or break this job.

Unregistered
    How is TPD with getting their officers going home to their families on time? Are you guys given time to write reports? Like over lap shifts or specific administrative time? Its those two things that can make or break this job.
    We don’t have GPS on our MDTs so it’s pretty much an unspoken rule that everyone starts slow rolling home 20-30 min before your end of shift. Because the man power is there and the shifts overlap, the next shift is already releiveing units an hour or more before the end of the out going’s shift. I’ve been here a couple of years and I’ve never once stayed more than five minutes past my time, 90% of the time im my drive way (live 30 minutes away from zone) by the time my shift ends, 9% of the time I’m 5-10 minuted our from my driveway by the time my shifts ends and I’d say 1% i actually stay at work till end of shift or a couple of minutes past.

Unregistered

Step 11 is not Master Deputy. Master is an additional $3,000 added to Step 11. The pay scale you quoted was for last year, the new pay scale has Step 11 at $80,633 or $83,633 for Master Deputy. Also, I will happily pay into social security for the added benefit upon retirement.

Docobo may not be the most well-liked for his perceived stance on discipline, but his business acumen is generally spot on.

Unregistered
    Step 11 is not Master Deputy. Master is an additional $3,000 added to Step 11. The pay scale you quoted was for last year, the new pay scale has Step 11 at $80,633 or $83,633 for Master Deputy. Also, I will happily pay into social security for the added benefit upon retirement.

Docobo may not be the most well-liked for his perceived stance on discipline, but his business acumen is generally spot on.
    I don’t doubt Docobo’s intelleigence and business acumen. I’m positive he is a very competent individual. However the statement that deputies make more money in pocket than An a TPD Officer is false. Even with your provided update $80,633 is around 10% less or 6 or 7% less with your $3,000 bonus, much better. But regular deputies don’t make that $3,000 bonus so your step 3,4,5s etc still over 10% difference. Step 5 at HCSO is under $25 at tpd it is $31 ish.

The money itself isn’t what would concern me because you guys don’t make that much less than we do especially with your updated pay scale. The issues are the other big ones like union and manpower. You guys make the statement oh the sheriff has been genourous to us like you are at his mercy, your scales have been frozen for years prior to the last few, you have no guaranteed without collective bargaining. I like HCSO, I got s lot of close friends that are deputy, I’m constantly talking about how much nicer certain things are at HCSO but to me, for the things that truly matter outside of the shiny chargers things aren’t nicer at HCSO.

You make a good point about social security, I wouldn’t bank on that to much cause you never know but our extra .15 % in multiplier and extra percentage points in pay make up for that difference especially if you rolling over those extra points throughout your active career into deffered comp.

Unregistered
    We don’t have GPS on our MDTs so it’s pretty much an unspoken rule that everyone starts slow rolling home 20-30 min before your end of shift. Because the man power is there and the shifts overlap, the next shift is already releiveing units an hour or more before the end of the out going’s shift. I’ve been here a couple of years and I’ve never once stayed more than five minutes past my time, 90% of the time im my drive way (live 30 minutes away from zone) by the time my shift ends, 9% of the time I’m 5-10 minuted our from my driveway by the time my shifts ends and I’d say 1% i actually stay at work till end of shift or a couple of minutes past.

wow! that must be nice. this issue is my biggest complaint. in fact, if i were to resign, and i could only choose my one and biggest reasons to leave, it would be how little they do to get us home to our freaking families on time or at least close to it. in fact, they watch us closly to keep us from slow rolling home or staying on calls to get home. some A-hole lieutenants can care less if we go home on time in my district. its enough for me to harbor a lot of hatred towards this agency. 12 hours are long enough. 36 hour weekends are long enough. dispatched to paper calls 10 min before shift end is bad for moral. no mid shit or over lap shifts doesnt help. thats why my productivity hade gone down the toilet.

Unregistered
    Totally agree, the chief is worthless when it comes to knowing how to increase morale. Its in the toilet chief and no matter how much money you throw at us it will not improve it. Stop w the tyrant discipline for petty crap. Get out and see how bad we are short staffed. I dont want to see u one time a year in a meeting. Get ur ass out and show ur face since we all know chad isnt running the show. Do you know chief that we are running at 50 percent staffing levels in some zones. Probably not since ur hench men wont tell you the truth. Did you know multiple calls are holding for close to hour waiting for a deputy to finish another call. Did you know on a regular basis we dont go home on time. Of course not. Which is why most the young guys are looking to leave and most old timers are cutting the cord early. Catch a clue chief and look how many people are leaving on a monthly basis.

Unregistered
    I don’t doubt Docobo’s intelleigence and business acumen. I’m positive he is a very competent individual. However the statement that deputies make more money in pocket than An a TPD Officer is false. Even with your provided update $80,633 is around 10% less or 6 or 7% less with your $3,000 bonus, much better. But regular deputies don’t make that $3,000 bonus so your step 3,4,5s etc still over 10% difference. Step 5 at HCSO is under $25 at tpd it is $31 ish.

The money itself isn’t what would concern me because you guys don’t make that much less than we do especially with your updated pay scale. The issues are the other big ones like union and manpower. You guys make the statement oh the sheriff has been genourous to us like you are at his mercy, your scales have been frozen for years prior to the last few, you have no guaranteed without collective bargaining. I like HCSO, I got s lot of close friends that are deputy, I’m constantly talking about how much nicer certain things are at HCSO but to me, for the things that truly matter outside of the shiny chargers things aren’t nicer at HCSO.

You make a good point about social security, I wouldn’t bank on that to much cause you never know but our extra .15 % in multiplier and extra percentage points in pay make up for that difference especially if you rolling over those extra points throughout your active career into deffered comp.
    Very true, I believe lack of manpower is our biggest issue which then leads to many other issues that likely wouldn't occur with proper manpower. The incredibly low morale boils down to manpower. The micromanaging by supervisors (ie: TA in D4) boils down to manpower. Small investigative mistakes due to being over-worked boils down to manpower. The rest of the nit-picking varies day to day... HCSO literally doesn't want you to speed or just simply go code through traffic for any reason. Shootings, stabbings, armed robberies, occupied burglaries, domestic violence with someone screaming bloody murder... we will get there when we get there. Fix manpower, and I imagine most can deal with the day-to-day nitpicking because we wouldn't be running ragged all day.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast