Off duty Rate needs to Increase
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Off duty Rate needs to Increase

Its time raise the od rate when you see the massive amount of jobs not being filled. TPD rate is higher so there is a demand at a higher rate. They cant fill the od jobs they have at a higher rate.
    Might even help the new regime improve morale a little
    But dont hold your breath they seem to be clueless about how bad it is.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Its time raise the od rate when you see the massive amount of jobs not being filled. TPD rate is higher so there is a demand at a higher rate. They cant fill the od jobs they have at a higher rate.
    I think the new Sheriff has a enough on his plate to worry about, an OD raise will have to wait..

Unregistered
    I think the new Sheriff has a enough on his plate to worry about, an OD raise will have to wait..

You are right. He is in way over his head with so much on his plate. So treating the troops right, helping them out, and improving morale will just have to wait. Just like it had to wait with Gee (it never happened).

CC does not realize that his troops could be his biggest supporters during the upcoming election. He doesn't realize how many extra votes he could get with his troops support. I.e. the votes of the troops themselves, their families, their friends, then most of the people that the troops go out and campaign in front of.

Unregistered

TPD gets a higher rate because they are worth more. Even your command staff believes that. If they didn't believe that, then the rates wouldn't be lower.

If they believed that quality of HCSO deputies were "about even" with TPD officers (whom they greatly belittle every single year at the Chief's meeting) then the rates would be "about even." If they truly believed that the quality of HCSO deputies was "greater than" TPD officers, then the rates would be "greater than" what TPD gets.

Unregistered
    Sounds like a math equation:

> Greater than
    < Less than
    = Equal to

Unregistered

Absurd

You are right. He is in way over his head with so much on his plate. So treating the troops right, helping them out, and improving morale will just have to wait. Just like it had to wait with Gee (it never happened).

CC does not realize that his troops could be his biggest supporters during the upcoming election. He doesn't realize how many extra votes he could get with his troops support. I.e. the votes of the troops themselves, their families, their friends, then most of the people that the troops go out and campaign in front of.
    You have to be joking right? Ok, so the OD rate is a little low, especially considering TPD's rate. But to say that Gee, or his administration, didn't take care of us financially is ludicrous. I don't know how long you have been around but this will be the 3rd Sheriff I have worked for at HCSO and I am grateful for everything the HCSO has done, especially considering how they handled the recession.

Put things in perspective and stop being so greedy all of the time.

Unregistered
    Ok let me correct you guys. I work at TPD and am a strong advocate about how much better we have it then you guys. An although our hourly pay is 15% to 20% higher on any given step and we have shift differential and other financial incentives you guys don’t, we do not make more than you in off duty, we make the exact same, as a matter of fact we just raised ours by $2 Jan 2017 to match your rate.

The difference in rates that you are thinking is because at TPD they advertise the rate with the city’s $7 cut still in it. So for example your low rate is $30 and your high rate is $36 and that’s how you advertise in off duty, but HCSO is charging $7 on top of that rate that goes to the SO. TPD advertised $43 and $37 as the rate for the job but when it gets paid out the city deducts their $7 so we also get $36 or $30. Although we do have more jobs available then you guys do and a lot more $36 jobs anything two man or more, involving traffic, alcohol, events, arena, stadium. clubs, wet zones, etc gets $36. Although I think the rates need to go up for both of our agencies. You guys still have to catch up on the pay scale. Another nice benefit here is that it’s not a 10-99. We get paid by all jobs in our pay check and it’s one W-2 at the end of the year with the difference reported on a different line. Your process is more of a pain in the butt come tax season.

Unregistered
    So take The lead for once HCSO command and raise the rate now instead of waiting on TPD to go first.
    Not that hard to do when we re having numerous jobs unfilled. I sure they will still hire us for $35 hour

Unregistered
    Based on the TPD employee's post, the HCSO already took the initiative and set a rate higher than TPD. If you read that post TPD raised their rate in January to match the HCSO rate.

How can you complain about getting paid $30 an hour to work off duty? Most off duty jobs require little to no work, but $30 an hour isn't enough? If that rate isn't worth your time, don't work off duty. Simple as that.

Unregistered
    Well apparently thats the case cuz the $30 rate isnt getting people to sign up with all the unfilled jobs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast