Bruce Maxwell, the Oakland A’s catcher who was the only Major League Baseball player to take a knee during the national anthem to protest police brutality, was arrested Saturday night after a woman who was delivering food to his home accused him of pointing a gun at her.

Scottsdale, Ariz., police told the Associated Press that Maxwell was booked on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and disorderly conduct. He was in custody pending his initial court appearance. The alleged incident occurred at around 6 p.m. and Scottsdale police spokesman Sgt. Tyler Johnson told AZCentral.com that it was unclear what had led up to the incident.

Maxwell, 26, took a knee during the national anthem last month, becoming the first MLB player to kneel during the anthem and following in the footsteps of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and many other NFL players in choosing that method or linking arms or raising a fist to raise awareness of police brutality and social injustice. Maxwell, an African American whose family has military roots, was protesting comments by President Trump, according to his agent, specifically Trump’s call on NFL owners to fire or suspend players for kneeling during the anthem.

“My decision had been coming for a long time,” Maxwell said at the time, citing his own experiences with racism while growing up in Huntsville, Ala. “The only way we can come together is by informing. … To single out NFL players for doing this isn’t something we should be doing — I felt it should be a little more broad.”

Last week, Maxwell said his action caused him to be refused service by a restaurant waiter who identified himself as a Trump supporter. The waiter, Matt Henry, later told Fox News that Maxwell made up the story and said that he couldn’t serve a friend in the party who had an invalid ID. Huntsville city councilman Devyn Keith also was with Maxwell and said that the waiter said, ” ‘You are that guy. You are the guy who took a knee,’ ” Keith said. “And then everything changed.”

“He goes, ‘I voted for Trump,’ ” Maxwell told TMZ Sports, ” ‘And I stand for everything he stands for.’ And I was like, ‘Oh, really?’ And our councilman went and got their manager and had some words with him and took him off of our table and put us another person on our table. That’s where I’m from.”

Maxwell told The Washington Post in a text message, “I’m really over that happening and it’s BS.”

Maxwell made his major-league debut with the A’s in July 2016. In 76 games this season, he hit .237 with three home runs and 22 RBI.