15 days off for justified force?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

15 days off for justified force?

15 days off for justified force? Sheriff said during his press conference that only his opinion matters, his command staff "with all due respect it doesn't matter what they think." Anyone else catch that at the end? Even a reporter thought the force was justified. We need to start supporting one another because the PBA won't.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    15 days off for justified force? Sheriff said during his press conference that only his opinion matters, his command staff "with all due respect it doesn't matter what they think." Anyone else catch that at the end? Even a reporter thought the force was justified. We need to start supporting one another because the PBA won't.
    Am I correct, the first deputy got 15 days because "he didn't wait for a back-up unit?" What other agency does this to it's employees? Hell, even in St. Pete this deputy could have picked up a hooker, do the deed, then flee from responding officers and get only 5 days more (20 days total.) Keep hammering the troops Bob, unless of course they are freinds with you...

Unregistered
    After watching the video I saw at least 2 opportunities for the Deputies to use deadly force. Once when the shitbag was reaching behind the car and again when he was prone and again reached towards his waistband. I never saw the infamous "crossfire" situation Bob spoke of. I saw two guys fighting a shitbag who was believed to be armed.

I saw the potential for two of our guys to be killed by a shitbag. I saw two guys who used restraint in regards to force. I saw two guys who could have easily used much more force but didn't.

Bob, you've sent a clear message this time for the world to see. Don't be surprised when stats once again go down. Leading the way for guys to never trust you again.

Unregistered
    I was a rookie many years ago when Supervisors on my shift went through many scenarios where they were trying to get us to tactically respond to obvious multiple dep calls. They wanted us to coordinate arriving and put together a plan as opposed to rushing into a situation and then screaming for help. Many times deps responding to help their fellow deps, wrecked. Multiple deps arriving at the same time with a plan, lessened the one on one situations, which they considered the most dangerous time for a confrontation. This lasted about a week when they told us to stop this practice immediately because management thought this was staging like fire/rescue and deps don't stage. Patrol Deps aren't allowed to tactically respond with a plan. Management prefers rush in and scream for help. Going home after shift is the highest priority, and if trying to better our odds causes us to go on scene a minute or two later, it was a plan to keep us safer. Apparently that's the wrong way to look at it.

Unregistered
    Every day, Bob must kick himself for not going to work for the Public Defenders Office... I guess he figures it easier to screw over cops when he's their boss....

Unregistered
    A vote of no confidence, is a statement or vote which states that a person(s) in a position of responsibility (government, managerial, etc.) is no longer deemed fit to hold that position, perhaps because they are inadequate in some respect, are failing to carry out obligations, or are making decisions that other members feel are detrimental.

Anyone second this motion?

Unregistered
    You should have all the confidence in the world in the Sheriff cause if you know the whole story you know he could have fired Edge. Sheriff did right by Edge and Fineran. Talk all the smack you keyboard warriors want but truth is Sheriff saved both there azzes.

Unregistered
    They were not dinged for not waiting for back up. Get your facts straight. If you think it ok to dive bomb a guy with a gun and then start smacking him in the head then you are an idiot. Get you facts straight.

Unregistered
    They were not dinged for not waiting for back up. Get your facts straight. If you think it ok to dive bomb a guy with a gun and then start smacking him in the head then you are an idiot. Get you facts straight.
    The Sheriff deemed their force to be justified, you moron.

Unregistered
    Yeah, the Deputy should have waited till the bad guy pulled out his gun and started shooting at them.. That would have turned out good for everyone.... Everyone left the scene to live another day... One Deputy turned off his mic, so give him a day off topps..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast