FDLE Knowledge

Thread: FDLE Knowledge

Unregistered

FDLE Knowledge

Only one officer is now on the Tampa International Airport Police Department's Facebook receiving an award in full police uniform with the Monster Energy logo advertisement on the top portion of his award folder for all the public to see and record. This is adrressed by FDLE's Law Enforcement Officer Ethical Standards of Conduct 6.5a.

This states the following
    6.5 Police officers shall:

(a) not authorize the use of their names, photographs or titles in a manner that identifies the officer as an employee of their Department in connection with advertisements for any product, commodity or commercial enterprise;

He is the only one in all the photos that has such a logo that could be seen for such advertisement. He is reportedly the person running the Professional Standards Unit for the police department. If this photo appears on any of personal sites, this certainly would lend further credence to a violation. In addition to the FDLE looking into this, this incident needs to be addressed by the Executive Director of Public Safety, as well as the Executive Director of Public Information to see how this could possibly happened. Especially by a person who is tasked with overseeing any other officers possible violations or complaints within the department.

Unregistered

Accountability

I keep seeing about going to FDLE on here about this possible violation of the ethics code. But isn’t that the responsibility of the Professional Standards Unit to handle such matters. Oh wait. The alleged violator is the supervisor of the PSU. That would require someone else here with some integrity to do the right thing. You have a possible violation spelled out. Joke or not. Like the one post stated, looks unprofessional and puts the new Chief of Police in that particular photograph and now in a position of now knowing it’s a violation. Probably wasn’t aware at the time being new and from out of state. But now what?
    I guess from here on out when we all are of accused of any alleged violations or complaints our responses are going to be “is was just a joke”. PBA take note because we all should be good with that response.
    Can I get the Budweiser logo on my award next time

Unregistered

Integrity

Thank you for whoever posted the truth about this place!

Unregistered
    And I'll bet your feelings keep getting hurt!