Union News?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Union News?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    SW Fla PBA sucks, this union run by and controlled by **** McHale(SGT SPD) and State PBA officer) who is buddy buddy with Chief KV. KV in turn makes sure Micks son is protected (brass knuckle incident, come n get ur bit amongst other things)
    Kick the PBA to the curb, fair and impartial representation for the members.

Unregistered

Pba?

At one time the PBA cared about officers. That is no longer the case. They could of had a no confidence vote against KV, but instead waited almost a year until he hired 20 something people that thought he was super just because he hired them.
    If the PBA had done their job it would have been the smack in the face that was needed to show what was going on with the morale in the department. That's what started the KV hit list, by getting rid of all the supervisors that he knew were rallying the troops against him. Sarasota PD which had McCale as their president and voting them out as PBA reps shows you how weak the union has been. He kissed ass to stall that vote of no confidence and look where we are today?

Unregistered
    The power that once was with the PBA was diminished a long time ago. SPD called it right and the PBA has got to start looking at itself before we get rid of them too. Don't forget who got us this crappy contract and gave in to idiot Schulte on everything he wanted.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The power that once was with the PBA was diminished a long time ago. SPD called it right and the PBA has got to start looking at itself before we get rid of them too. Don't forget who got us this crappy contract and gave in to idiot Schulte on everything he wanted.
    I totally agree. The union sold us out by letting the city take away our step plan and other perks we had negotiated in past contracts. When the commission has to step in and say we our underpaid, that says a lot for how the PBA has sold us out and it's finally getting recognized. Complacency from our union has set us all back years. Hearing from the negotiators about how hard they struggled to give us the crappy contract they got us is unacceptable to all of us, our families, and our livelihoods.

Unregistered
    I totally agree. The union sold us out by letting the city take away our step plan and other perks we had negotiated in past contracts. When the commission has to step in and say we our underpaid, that says a lot for how the PBA has sold us out and it's finally getting recognized. Complacency from our union has set us all back years. Hearing from the negotiators about how hard they struggled to give us the crappy contract they got us is unacceptable to all of us, our families, and our livelihoods.
    The SW Fl PBA is or was totally useless, **** couldn't even get things done at SPD< he is nothing more than a bragger, he has made sure his son has a cushy job and protection here at the expense of the rest of us. Time to flush him and the PBA, teamsters, lets see danny sh!tz screw with them, we have beencontrolled by an idiot and the PBA way to long

Unregistered
    What I can't wait for is if the commission decides to give us a pay raise, that the PBA will take the credit for it. What a joke that would be! With SPD leaving them behind, the union reps will be trying to take any positive credit for doing SOMETHING. Even if they did NOTHING to help us.

Unregistered
    What I can't wait for is if the commission decides to give us a pay raise, that the PBA will take the credit for it. What a joke that would be! With SPD leaving them behind, the union reps will be trying to take any positive credit for doing SOMETHING. Even if they did NOTHING to help us.
    time for the membership to step up and kick the pba to the curb, then once a new union is in p[lace a vote of no confidence, This will release the chiefs stranglehold on this department. To the members who are scared I'm for a secret ballot if that's what it takes. Just need a large strong union to come in and lets see what happens.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    I dont disagree yall need a new union. The PBA has stolen your dues and sat with their thumbs in their asses while good men and women were sacrificed. They should have been raising hell the past year for sure.. However, a new union is more about your future protection. It will be come way too late for vespia.

I hope you get a leader and union that encourages you to step up and speak out. The only way to improve is to raise concerns, be heard and have leadership resolve such. The azzhats in power are so weak and full of self doubt that they quash the voices and ideas. It is dirty and need to be rooted out.. and it will one way or the other.

When I put a new projeect team together, I have a standard speech about poking holes in my ideas and direction. It gives me a chance to plug the holes or confirm the raised issue is not an issue. In the end, everyone is better off.. better end product. Happy clients, Happy Boss, Happy on Raise and Bonus day! While copping is a different animal in many ways, the underlying principles are the same..

Unregistered
    time for the membership to step up and kick the pba to the curb, then once a new union is in p[lace a vote of no confidence, This will release the chiefs stranglehold on this department. To the members who are scared I'm for a secret ballot if that's what it takes. Just need a large strong union to come in and lets see what happens.
    That would be the stupidest move we could ever make. We want our raises and steps right now period! He is leaving in six months and that is for certain. He has the support of the CM and whether we like it or not, he is here. If they wanted (CM or Commission) to remove him, they could have done it a long time ago. Our focus should be working with the city Commission who supports our raises during an active contract (unheard of by the way) and get our raises and steps back. They need to put us in the steps we should be in today too. This is our Priorty as a UNION. If you came to the meetings you would know this. In fact, I question if your even an officer with us because you sound like a very small majority that is out of touch with reality. Ah, or maybe you're a recently removed or resigned it retired officer. Your personal feelings or agenda on the Chief is not going to get me or our brothers and sisters in blue any closer to what we should be getting paid. WHY would we want to rock the boat? It would only make us look bad and stupid.

Second, A vote of no confidence is NOT a guarantee that the Chief or any Chief for that matter would be removed. We've learned this from the past and especially from our neighbors SPD. Rumor has it a moron recently tried to get a no confiendence a month or so ago. Thank God we didn't do it and thank god he is no longer here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast