Union News? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Union News?

Unregistered
    Second, A vote of no confidence is NOT a guarantee that the Chief or any Chief for that matter would be removed. We've learned this from the past and especially from our neighbors SPD. Rumor has it a moron recently tried to get a no confiendence a month or so ago. Thank God we didn't do it and thank god he is no longer here.
    When the talks began to have a vote of no confidence that was postponed by the PBA for almost a year, KV had his little kiss a$$es telling him who was behind the talks. From there he developed his "hit list" of people he wanted targeted by his admin and he was successful in driving most of those people out of the department. The only one that survived was Sgt. EF who I'm sure turns KV's stomach every time he sees him. So I guess I would question if you are really an officer here if you don't know what happened. If the PBA did their job then it would have definitely garnished the attention of the public and city hall. It would have exposed how we feel back then and how we feel now about his inept leadership abilities and tyrannical ways. He's coasting his way to March 31, 2018 with no walls to climb over and he'll leave for his other job at VPD that he claims he doesn't have and has been proven to be yet one more lie. The sad part is before he goes he will keep going after his targets and change their lives forever as he has done so many times during his tenure. Just look at the sudden rise in I.A's in the last year. Ask another former Sgt what it's like to have 1, then 2, then 3, and 4 I.A.s hanging on you, when you never had one before. So before you say it's a waste of time to have that vote of no confidence, remember that he still has 5 more months to come after you if you had bad breath talking to him one day and he felt offended by it. Ask all his former buddies (Captains, Commanders) that were in his good graces how he can flip that switch and make you go from his pedestal to the dumpster. Think about that.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Union News

Nice piece by CBS Evening News about St Scholastica regarding their assistant Football Coach. The Assistant Coach also happens to be a Nun. This is nice.
    Paser - aminosalicylic acid

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When the talks began to have a vote of no confidence that was postponed by the PBA for almost a year, KV had his little kiss a$$es telling him who was behind the talks. From there he developed his "hit list" of people he wanted targeted by his admin and he was successful in driving most of those people out of the department. The only one that survived was Sgt. EF who I'm sure turns KV's stomach every time he sees him. So I guess I would question if you are really an officer here if you don't know what happened. If the PBA did their job then it would have definitely garnished the attention of the public and city hall. It would have exposed how we feel back then and how we feel now about his inept leadership abilities and tyrannical ways. He's coasting his way to March 31, 2018 with no walls to climb over and he'll leave for his other job at VPD that he claims he doesn't have and has been proven to be yet one more lie. The sad part is before he goes he will keep going after his targets and change their lives forever as he has done so many times during his tenure. Just look at the sudden rise in I.A's in the last year. Ask another former Sgt what it's like to have 1, then 2, then 3, and 4 I.A.s hanging on you, when you never had one before. So before you say it's a waste of time to have that vote of no confidence, remember that he still has 5 more months to come after you if you had bad breath talking to him one day and he felt offended by it. Ask all his former buddies (Captains, Commanders) that were in his good graces how he can flip that switch and make you go from his pedestal to the dumpster. Think about that.
    Signed, all of us, CA, JoRe and EF

Unregistered
    That would be the stupidest move we could ever make. We want our raises and steps right now period! He is leaving in six months and that is for certain. He has the support of the CM and whether we like it or not, he is here. If they wanted (CM or Commission) to remove him, they could have done it a long time ago. Our focus should be working with the city Commission who supports our raises during an active contract (unheard of by the way) and get our raises and steps back. They need to put us in the steps we should be in today too. This is our Priorty as a UNION. If you came to the meetings you would know this. In fact, I question if your even an officer with us because you sound like a very small majority that is out of touch with reality. Ah, or maybe you're a recently removed or resigned it retired officer. Your personal feelings or agenda on the Chief is not going to get me or our brothers and sisters in blue any closer to what we should be getting paid. WHY would we want to rock the boat? It would only make us look bad and stupid.

Second, A vote of no confidence is NOT a guarantee that the Chief or any Chief for that matter would be removed. We've learned this from the past and especially from our neighbors SPD. Rumor has it a moron recently tried to get a no confiendence a month or so ago. Thank God we didn't do it and thank god he is no longer here.
    Signed, Sgt ES with my buddies KV, MP, GA and CM.

Unregistered
    Signed, Sgt ES with my buddies KV, MP, GA and CM.
    PBA needs to be kicked to the curb, we need a stronger bargaining unit which will stand by the majority of the officers and prevent such inadequate misfits like ES,MP, GA, CM to move ahead and vote of no confidence on King Vespia. ES could never even be hired by any other agency because of his criminal record, and MP with his happy pills and anger issues ( he scares no one) temper tantrums and lets us not forget crying like a baby after his boss confronted him on threatening two recruit classes with a knife, yep life at the NPPD, soon to be a lifetime movie.

Unregistered
    PBA needs to be kicked to the curb, we need a stronger bargaining unit which will stand by the majority of the officers and prevent such inadequate misfits like ES,MP, GA, CM to move ahead and vote of no confidence on King Vespia. ES could never even be hired by any other agency because of his criminal record, and MP with his happy pills and anger issues ( he scares no one) temper tantrums and lets us not forget crying like a baby after his boss confronted him on threatening two recruit classes with a knife, yep life at the NPPD, soon to be a lifetime movie.
    everyday here is like an episode of the three stooges, Moe Vespia Curly Pelfart larry morales lets everyone hummm three blind mice see how they run

Unregistered
    everyday here is like an episode of the three stooges, Moe Vespia Curly Pelfart larry morales lets everyone hummm three blind mice see how they run
    3/31, 3/31, 3/31!

Let's see how much more can be screwed up before then. The crazy part is, he will leave thinking he was an amazing "leader."

Unregistered
    How is no one brought up the issue Kevin was working for VPD without having it authorized per policy ahead of time? So much for "fairness and consistency" like he preaches. Meanwhile good employees here are getting hammered for the smallest violations.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    How is no one brought up the issue Kevin was working for VPD without having it authorized per policy ahead of time? So much for "fairness and consistency" like he preaches. Meanwhile good employees here are getting hammered for the smallest violations.
    Amen on the 3/31..

As for VPD, i am still awaiting on a written response from Mr Lear. He offered to meet with me to explain my 'inaccuracies' but i want his response in writing. Anything to be said to me, can be said publically because we wouldnt want any more misunderstandings... the Commissioners were all copied and none have the fortitude to prod him to respond. They may not be able to make day to day decisions but each of them have the responsibility of oversight and they should demand the answers, else they own it too. For starters, they could ask them the questions publically on the record. Lear may own the decisions but he should also be held accountable for such decision or indecisions.

I have offered to take it to public meeting but only if I can get a group of you to show and fill the seats in support but alas, the loyalites to your profession far outweighs the risk of publically standing against them. So yall get what ya got.. so paint a smile on your faces, purse your lips and kiss the fannies ya need to to get you to April 1.

Unregistered
    Do as I say, not what I do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12