City Hall - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City Hall

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by 153 View Post
    It doesn't matter what is on your evaluation or how you respond to it... good, bad, or indifferent. I was handed a letter on my resignation day that noted my clear incompetence and poor attitude- none of my evaluations noted these deficiencies including the one from this year. In fact, they all said I was exemplary for the most part and all were signed by a combination of the chief, my captain, your new captain, and the asst. chief as well. You don't think the cm saw my letter and agreed to it before it was put in front of me? I doubt he has time to care.

My captain told me I was an exceptional officer despite what the chief said and my only problem was my poor attitude toward all-around ignorance... because we all love ignorance in our government, right? He also mentioned that evaluations don't really mean anything anyway and no mind is given to them except that they are required by city rules and regs. He just wanted me to stop questioning supervisors when they make mistakes...that would solve most of my problems. Before that though he made a formal complaint against me for hurting his feelings.

In fact, I once had a problem with a Lt. of mine and the chief told me that people are threatened and intimidated by those who are smarter than they are. This may have been around the time he gave me and my recruit an illegal order to make atv riders vacate private property at the civic hole in violation of their civil rights all because some former commissioner didn't like atv's out east. People say lots of things they might not mean though, right?

Your newest captain routinely mentioned to his subordinates how ignorant he thought many of the 2nd floor decisions were and sometimes called their creators out by name... but he also said he would often leave his office with a folder in his hand just to make it look like he was busy. After lying to me about official business last year, my sgt's told me it would be better if I just left it alone... how worth it could it be to lodge complaints after all? Wouldn't want to have a bad attitude, right?

Former captain turned inspector is no better. He used to complain about the chief's inexperience and poor decisions on a fairly regular basis whenever we happened to speak off tape.. including the one where he got duped into taking a civilian job to make way for his predecessor and how badly he got screwed. Many of our most recent conversations were all recorded though so maybe he didn't mean all those other bad things.

The asst. chief has only been here a short while so he may not be able to own much of this... I mean at his old job he also spoke of the chief's inexperience and how poorly the dept. was run. I might have heard some of it- I worked there before I hurt the feelings of some poor defenseless police cadets. Got some pretty good evaluations from the former director if I recall. I should mention though that when I approached him last year about an incident that I was involved with, he told me he knew nothing about it but it made him uncomfortable speaking with me about it because it might have disciplinary repercussions for me. That was all well and good until his captain later told me the asst. chief was actually the one who made the complaint to the pd because it involved his son. That didn't get mentioned in the IA though (Officer Bill of Rights). My sgt's told me to let that one go, too. After all, he's the asst. chief... and I needed to have a better attitude.

I left the NPPD because I was told to. I left as quietly as I could with every intention of moving on with my life. Had the aforementioned people not wronged so many other good people since me, I would not have written here... but they did, so I did. It's no habit nor will it become one.

There are many fine men and women who work hard every day to keep your city safe. I worked with nearly all of them in some way, shape, or form over my 14 years there. Sometimes people don't understand how that job is done and that in order to be effective, the rules your admin has used to purge many of us from employment must be bent a little. Although, I always filled out an off-duty work permit, no matter who thought my side work was a conflict of interest. Those are the rules after all.

Nobody offered me an exit interview when I left so here you go. Now some people can feel vindicated that I actually DID post something here like they always accused me of.
    Nobody he terminates is asked to do an exit interview. You are now labeled as a disgruntled employee and not worthy of saying your piece on how he screwed you and the other 20 something employees he's done this too. That's why he keeps getting away with it.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

It matters to me..

Thank you for sharing '153'. It matters to me and I am certain it matters to many in the dept.

I will follow up on every point I can glean from your post. I am especially curious as to why i didnt get a copy of the letter they provided you to force your resignation. I will follow up on why you were not afforded an opportunity to do an exit interview. I will follow up as to why Ass Chief Pelfrey was not disclosed at the complainer on the IA. Kind of like him creating a record and asking a Commander to sign and back date one of his Use of Force reports that was 'lost'. Imagine his ire, when the Commander would not compromise his integrity and refused to do so. Yeah I agree, he didnt cause our problems but he damn sure has contributed his fair share since arriving...

Most personally, I appreciate your patience and professionalism when you handled Joe on a very ugly day last spring. While it was just another day in doing what you do, your actions that day were a huge impact on rebuilding trust at my house.

I also know that things happen for a reason and you are destined to land in a better place, for a better reason. I wish you the very best in all that you do in your future.

Oh Hell No...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FY 16 17 OT.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	272HT: There is no contract.. nope, no contract here.. run along... that is what they told you and you wrote, right Earl Kimel?

well then what exactly is this Draft contract I am reading.. $65,000 a year for 3 years all about? Effective Dec 1.. Pretty effing amazing that the contract between Venice and vespia and associates drew itself up without conversation between Mattmuller and vespia. Thought there was no discussions of such, thought their word was all ya needed huh? Pull the records from Venice.. we all know vespia would lie if the truth would set him free.. one should never believe a word out of the DRC's mouth.

So Mr Lear, now what.. he lied to you or Venice is fabricating contracts? Which is it? You gonna sign the secondary employment form or his pink slip?

It is your absolute right to make that call and it is absolutely mine to fight you every step of the way, in any way that I must.. oh hell no.. screw these prima donna golden gifts on the way out the effing door with taxpayer money..

Rank n File pulled over 14,000 hours of OT 16/17 FY.. staff is down 20% and this ignorant SOB thinks there is no issue with him geetting to grease both palms.. Oh Hell No..

Who among the Disgruntled can I count on to show up and stand up at City Hall... I will read the riot act i just want them to look at the faces of those that have been sacrificed and screwed over by this DRCing Liar.
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 10-27-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FY 16 17 OT.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	272HT: There is no contract.. nope, no contract here.. run along... that is what they told you and you wrote, right Earl Kimel?

well then what exactly is this Draft contract I am reading.. $65,000 a year for 3 years all about? Effective Dec 1.. Pretty effing amazing that the contract between Venice and vespia and associates drew itself up without conversation between Mattmuller and vespia. Thought there was no discussions of such, thought their word was all ya needed huh? Pull the records from Venice.. we all know vespia would lie if the truth would set him free.. one should never believe a word out of the DRC's mouth.

So Mr Lear, now what.. he lied to you or Venice is fabricating contracts? Which is it? You gonna sign the secondary employment form or his pink slip?

It is your absolute right to make that call and it is absolutely mine to fight you every step of the way, in any way that I must.. oh hell no.. screw these prima donna golden gifts on the way out the effing door with taxpayer money..

Rank n File pulled over 14,000 hours of OT 16/17 FY.. staff is down 20% and this ignorant SOB thinks there is no issue with him geetting to grease both palms.. Oh Hell No..

Who among the Disgruntled can I count on to show up and stand up at City Hall... I will read the riot act i just want them to look at the faces of those that have been sacrificed and screwed over by this DRCing Liar.
    Early on the commissioners stated the past is the past and we are moving on, but we will not tolerate any more discretions or problems with the police dept. Well since they have been in office, the chief has accelerated his antics and in reality has no fear of losing his job and is certainly doing what he wants. Lear is a puppet and doesn't have the gonads to act on his own, so that will never happen, danny Schulte is protecting KV and crew, as stated before the commissioners need to tell Lear its either them or you, make a choice, they can always hire another CM who will do the deed.

The contract that negotiated itself..

This forum limits file uploads so I have added the contract to NPCC on FB.

Draft Consultant contract

FY 2016-2017 Actual OT Hours

I have added the OT report as provided by the NPPD Business Manager. I am still trying to tie out to the budget dollars. Apparently she keeps the hours but not the dollars. I have asked Finance to provide the Budget versus Actual for last 3 Fiscal Years. They punted me to Records when i called Finance directly.

If anyone has interest in the break down by officer, let me know and I will post the entire file

File on NPCC

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I have added the OT report as provided by the NPPD Business Manager. I am still trying to tie out to the budget dollars. Apparently she keeps the hours but not the dollars. I have asked Finance to provide the Budget versus Actual for last 3 Fiscal Years. They punted me to Records when i called Finance directly.

If anyone has interest in the break down by officer, let me know and I will post the entire file

File on NPCC
    I think a break down by officer would be telling. Please post.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Reviewed the article and well it does kind of contradict itself. He is or he isn't, we discussed it or we didn't. Is it the hard to just tell the truth? The story is already out there, so why deny it. I guess that between Venice PD and NPPD the chiefs have not realized yet that our communities are no longer sixty plus seniors who trust there judgement and would never ask questions about there employment etc. You would think by now any employee of North Port or Venice would realize that we no longer take there word for anything we will hold them accountable. Times have changed, management and our political elite no longer have carte blanc. Accountability, Ethics and professionalism are what we demand and will no longer accept, deceit, lies and unprofessional and unethical conduct from our elected leaders and city employees.
    How can the taxpayers of Venice really accept a person of our chiefs unethical and unprofessional behavior, lies and deceit to be employed by the VPD in any capacity. As previously stated in this forum, incestuous/ interbred good old boy behavior alive and well in North Port and Venice. The disease has spread...........
    He is or he isn't sums it up. Crooked as they come. Well with the exception of CM and GA and SS and JR and TD. North Port citizens should fear.

Unregistered

Answers?

Still no response Steph from the CM? Maybe the commissioners need to know how interactive he is being with public requests?

Trying again..

Shakeup connections in the mountains.. forgive me if all my attempts post when I get back to civilization..

No decision yet, spin that he wasn't disrespected.. fair enough but in my world lies are but whatever. He is still mulling.. also dancing the exit interviews dont support the problems we see.. uhhmm ok.

Oh and City of Venice record pull indicates the negotiation began in Aug.. shocking huh?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast