City Hall
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: City Hall

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

City Hall

Please consider adding voice directly to City Manager on this thread. Supporting or not.. every serious reply will be forwarded on by me to City Hall to ensure your voices are heard. Any responses I receive I will post back here.

Also, get your friends and family to write emails to City Hall expressing their views and opinions on the state of NPPD.

My emails to City Hall today..

Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2017 2:34 PM
    To: 'Peter Lear' <plear@cityofnorthport.com>; Linda Yates <lyates@cityofnorthport.com>
    Cc: Commissioners@cityofnorthport.com
    Subject: Chief working at Venice PD?
    Importance: High

Mr Lear and Mayor Yates,

I am being inundated with numerous emails and phone calls insinuating that the our Chief of Police is working as a consultant for Venice Police Dept until his retirement. After which, he will go Full Time in their Accreditation dept. I did some preliminary homework and see that VPD has created the two positions in their new budget. In addition to a half dozen NP officers, I have one Venice officer that swears vespia has been working there and has received at least one payment from Venice.

I find it very hard to believe that this could be true.. I am all about our Chief moving on now. However, he should leave his $140,000 salary and benefits behind.

1) Can you confirm or deny if the rumor is true?
    2) If so, did the City approve such before he began?
    3) If so, can you please share the reasoning behind the decision to approve such?

Thank you,
    Stephanie Gibson

Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2017 4:44 PM
    To: 'Peter Lear' <plear@cityofnorthport.com>
    Cc: Commissioners@cityofnorthport.com; Amber Slayton <aslayton@cityofnorthport.com>
    Subject: For your reference and consideration

I would like to share for City Hall’s consideration the Florida Police Chief’s Association published Code of Ethics.

https://fpca.com/code-of-ethics/

I really think it would be a good time for City Hall to take some time and familiarize themselves with the Florida Police Chiefs Code of Ethics. The Preamble perfectly outlines why Chief Vespia is responsible for the current state of the department. Each of you have a responsibility to look out for the best interest of the citizens and staff. To look the other way, as the prior City Hall did, makes each of you just as culpable. You are continuing to expose the City to significant legal risk and even worse, we are sitting on our hands while good men and women are being sacrificed by the current PD Admin. It must stop now!

In just over 9 months, we have seen 19 PD employee separations at NPPD. With the new traffic unit staff increase, we have 28.5 open positions or over 20% of our staff includes a significant number of highly experienced staff members that served in leadership roles. This includes:
    1. Captain Uebelacker who was hired on the Major recommendation of the taxpayer paid CPSM study in 2014. When he went to the Chief with chilling concerns, we fired him! Now we have yet another Whistleblower and Protected Class lawsuit.
    2. Commander Rose came from the FDLE is the aftermath on the CPSM study and he resigned because of the serious concerns that he communicated both in his exit interview and in direct conversation with Mr Lear during their one on one meeting.
    3. Commander Brown who had 20 years experience,, most of which was at SSO. He was suddenly being targeted and decided to resign rather than allow them to ruin his career.
    4. One Sargent with 20+ years of experience with NPPD.

Last week’s loss of a 25+ year CSI staff member Pam Schmidt is a perfect example of the very questionable decisions and patterns. We have lost a highly competent and experienced crime scene investigator. Why after all these years is she suddenly a target of 3 IA’s? <I requested the complaints last week and still haven’t received. This is a pull and attach event and should not require extensive time.> Also Interesting to note is that she applied for the same job this summer that the Chief is now alleged to be assuming. Even more disturbing, is she was allegedly the female officer that was target of Captain Koval’s insensitive remarks that allegedly cost him the sworn Captain role landed him as the non-sworn Inspector.
    Mr Lear, how many of the accusations made by Captain Uebelacker in the made public memo to the Chief were investigated? Why weren’t they among the IAs? Yet a telecom operator was docked 48 hours pay for a 2am cooking pizza scandal? There are very serious unequal and unfair discipline practices being demonstrated again and again. Then those who dare push back against the wrong are run off and dismissed as ‘disgruntled. I have been there for two years.

We need to stop it now.. we cannot afford to allow it to continue on until Mar 31. Bottom line, City Hall has a responsibility to act now. Terminate the Chief today, he has his plan B in place.. Now lets protect our remaining PD members from having to work on a Plan B for their future… They deserve nothing less than our protection!

Thank you,
    Stephanie Gibson

Unregistered

Finally

Awesome job Steph! Now let's see what he has to say. For all the lives that this man has ruined in his tenure and gotten away with under Jonathan do nothing Lewis, the public deserves to have all of these concerns answered and answered now, not April 1. You have our backs where he stabs our backs.

Unregistered

Just checking

Anyone check to make sure he filled out an off duty work permit? Not like it matters bc CM can be found driving his kids around in his work car on any given day and MP can be heard calling Stephanie Gibson a certified lunatic in a crowded Sgt's office more often than not. Policy to these admin fellas is only applicable to the ppl they're trying to run off but the work permit is still required.

and if I am... ?

lu·na·tic
    [ˈlo͞onəˌtik]

This does not surprise me if true, we all saw the emails with Commissioner Cook where he implied i was somehow a physical threat to the officers and their families. However, unless one or more of those in the crowded SGTs office is willing to step up to testify.. well then, he didnt say it.

That said, if he is right and I am mentally ill... can someone point me to where that would preclude me from my Constitutional Rights to hold my government accountable? Considering his SSO documented history, he should be more supportive of the mentally ill and their civil rights.

Asst Chief Pelfrey should also review the Chief Code of Ethics.. he is bound to them as well. Rather than crying about me to his subordinates for excercising my rights to hold them accountable, maybe he could redirect that wasted energy into helping the records department fufill my record requests.

NOUN

lunatics (plural noun)

ADJECTIVE

• mentally ill (not in technical use).
      • extremely foolish, eccentric, or absurd:
        "he would be asked to acquiesce in some lunatic scheme"

Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 10-17-2017 at 12:22 AM.

No Secondary Employment Form Exists

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone check to make sure he filled out an off duty work permit? Not like it matters bc CM can be found driving his kids around in his work car on any given day and MP can be heard calling Stephanie Gibson a certified lunatic in a crowded Sgt's office more often than not. Policy to these admin fellas is only applicable to the ppl they're trying to run off but the work permit is still required.

As shocking as it may be, the rule applies to all by the Chief. Email from Trish this morning statiing per Business Manager, Jen Ayres,no such form was completed.

Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 9:54 AM
    To: City Watch North Port Fl <CityWatchNorthPortFL@outlook.com>;Records <Records@northportpd.com>
    Cc: Patsy Adkins <padkins@cityofnorthport.com>; Linda Yates<lyates@cityofnorthport.com>; Peter Lear<plear@cityofnorthport.com>; Deborah Hope<dhope@cityofnorthport.com>
    Subject: RE: Vespia Secondary Employment form

I have checked with our department’s Business managerregarding your request. She stated that no such form exists.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Secondary Employment Form exists.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	269
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 10-16-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Sunbiz says

Thanks to the work of another concerned citizen..

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/Cor...0L070001260620

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    MP calling someone else a lunatic , I believe that the only certified one is MP himself, he has the papers. It seems to me that a city employee who is paid in part by Stephs tax dollars should curb his mouth !!!!!! MP stay on your meds or its back to the funny farm you go !!!!!!!!

Certified Lunatic is slang for mentally ill..

LEO Admin diverted my original response to this.. but three points:

1. Unless one or more are willing to step up and testify to such, it didnt happen.

2. Assuming his 'professional' mental evaluation of me is accurate, exactly where in the Constitution does it state that the mentally ill are excluded? Oh thats right, it doesnt, and therefore, rather than whining about me trying to hold my govt accountable.. maybe he should wipe his tears, shut his mouth and go help records fulfill my requests if he has nothing better to do. He of all people whose SSO record clearly documents some of his own emotional issues, should be wary of b_a_s_t_a_r_d_i_z_ing the mentally ill. Else, he become food to his own fodder.

3. Asst Chief Pelfrey should also visit the link to the Chief Code of Ethics for a refresher and remember that he too can and will be held accountable to THAT Code as well.

I have been called names and bullied from the get go.. it hasnt dissuaded me, nor will it. If nothing else, it reminds me why it is important that i see this through to the end.
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 10-16-2017 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typo

Unregistered

Thank you

Thank you Stephanie for keeping a vigil watch. It's nice to know that someone is watching considering that my multi-page memos attached to my annual reviews for the past two (2) years (which contained tons of red flags) went unnoticed and unconcerned by my entire chain of command. I, for one, wanted to thank you :-)

Pam Schmidt

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast