Outdated Uniforms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Outdated Uniforms

Why are we still wearing the same polyester style uniforms they wore in the seventies? We are better dressed for a parade than police work. Agencies everywhere have gone to external vests that can hold more than pens. I do think we need to look like SWAT but something practical would be nice. Apparently it’s good enough for HOME, VCTF, and K9, but not Patrol. Hell our training pants are better than what we wear. With all the extra crap we are expected to have you think they would consider it (tourniquet, cpr mask, window punch, taser, shooting med pack). It doesn’t have to look like SWAT or be black. But leather belts and polyester are ancient.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why are we still wearing the same polyester style uniforms they wore in the seventies? We are better dressed for a parade than police work. Agencies everywhere have gone to external vests that can hold more than pens. I do think we need to look like SWAT but something practical would be nice. Apparently it’s good enough for HOME, VCTF, and K9, but not Patrol. Hell our training pants are better than what we wear. With all the extra crap we are expected to have you think they would consider it (tourniquet, cpr mask, window punch, taser, shooting med pack). It doesn’t have to look like SWAT or be black. But leather belts and polyester are ancient.
    If you want to be SPPD or Kenneth City then go work there. If you want to be a Deputy Sheriff then look like it and act like it. You can always go the jail and wear a carpenter's utility belt. Back in the day we wore long sleeves and ties year round and a Deputy Sheriff meant business.

Unregistered
    They got lax on the uniform to make it more comfortable. Some deputies took that as an invitation that it was to make it easier to take off and put back on for cheating with other members' spouses. The polyester paints make it easy to wash out stains unlike Monica's dress wink,wink.

Unregistered
    If you want to be SPPD or Kenneth City then go work there. If you want to be a Deputy Sheriff then look like it and act like it. You can always go the jail and wear a carpenter's utility belt. Back in the day we wore long sleeves and ties year round and a Deputy Sheriff meant business.
    Well agencies all over the country wear practical uniforms. And if you think the uniform makes the deputy you are mistaken. The persona makes the deputy. Contemporary agencies wear practical uniforms. But I’m sure if you want to wear a three inch patent leather belt with a long sleeve white shirt, tie and Smokey the bear hat then there are other places you can work too. We wear parade uniforms. That’s stupid and old.

Diamond

Yep I aagree

I saw JZ in off duty get up and it looked good, but getting broad in the beam!

Unregistered
    With all the crap we have to carry or have nearby it kinda makes sense to have a realistic uniform. Gunshot med kit, tourniquet, cpr mask, window punch, taser, gun, mags, radio , light, baton, Phone, come on! Gun belts don’t get it done like they used to. Practical external vests are the way to go.

Unregistered
    With all the crap we have to carry or have nearby it kinda makes sense to have a realistic uniform. Gunshot med kit, tourniquet, cpr mask, window punch, taser, gun, mags, radio , light, baton, Phone, come on! Gun belts don’t get it done like they used to. Practical external vests are the way to go.
    NEVER happen here. Go to SPPD. Stop whining like a little girl!!!!

Unregistered
    NEVER happen here. Go to SPPD. Stop whining like a little girl!!!!
    Clearly you’re in love with the Smokey the bear look. There are bars you can go to that cater to that sort of thing. You must look I’d in a short sleeve shirt. Too skinny or flabby arms? Its one or the other I’m sure. You probably wear your campaign hat at home, alone, and think ,”that’s what a real deputy looks like.” You’re probably arises at the same time. So anyway, it’s just an idea. If I was as thin skinned and sensitive as the last guy I would leave for SPPD. But, it takes more then a uniform to make a deputy. Clearly.

Unregistered
    Are we in a war, you forgot to tell the others? If you try to carry all of this at once. You couldn't run a half block to save your own life. I get the gun, mags, radio, handcuff's , a small light depending on your shift and baton. The rest? Come on your watching too much T.V. Yes, lets suit you up like this for a full shift out in the sun. See if you can up with a better solution.

Unregistered
    I think you left a couple of things off your list. A hazmat suit and a BDU suit and equipment. Oh let's not forget a sling for a shotgun or rifle. With pockets of extra mags or shell's. You should never get out of you air conditioned ride without the big guns. Some, little old lady might be a ISIS terrorist in disguise or bingo night was cancelled. Lord have mercy on us all if bingo get's cancelled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast