NFL Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Games

Unregistered

NFL Games

You guys are going to create a $hit storm if you cross the line in jurisdictions where the local are refusing to work these games and make their own statement.
    Beware that actions have consequences.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You guys are going to create a $hit storm if you cross the line in jurisdictions where the local are refusing to work these games and make their own statement.
    Your city and county managers are going to make the locals work those games so look inward!

Unregistered
    Your city and county managers are going to make the locals work those games so look inward!
    There are counter measures to a lot of illegal orders that may be issued. A football game does not constitute a local emergency and all contracts are in effect. Just asking you all to be prudent and not to become an unintended collateral casualty in someone else's fight.

Baxter
    Agree. It would be worth avoiding this garbage.

Unregistered
    Not where I work they won’t. It’s an extra duty detail. Union contract says we can’t be FORCED to work any detail.

Unregistered
    I see the PD working Dolphin games so apparently they don't care and are willing to do it!

Unregistered
    So... who worked the Jags game yesterday?

Unregistered
    MDPD officers are still working the games, although many have chosen to avoid it due to the players actions. There are so many needed for each game that there is a problem filling the positions. You should know that in addition to directing traffic,you will be handling all reports and cases that arise with this (which is considerable). I can see a problem constantly requesting Metro officers to handle these situations that occur while FHP is on scene.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Agree. It would be worth avoiding this garbage.

Exactly, i would avoid working any games. No need to start a war...

Unregistered
    mdpd is still working the games, however it is mandatory (on duty personnel) and they are hard press to fill all of the slots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast