Main problem denominator is Lewis
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Main problem denominator is Lewis

Well the sharing of problems between our department and the SSO seem to point to one common problem. The evidence all seems to point at former SSO deputy, NPPD Chief, NP City Manager, and county administrator Terry Lewis.

The list of shit he is responsible for Norh Port alone could fill several letters here.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Oh Lewis is responsible.. but his first name isnt Terry

There is a Lewis responsible here but his first name isn't Terry... it's Johnathan. Chief Vespia reports to City Hall, our City Manager owns this mess.. he was responsible to ensure it was cleaned up and thus far, has been an epic FAIL. Oh wait he managed to wipe out the LTs, the experience.. using a 60K Gerry rigged report to do so... why is it, in spite of all the scandals in this city, not once did the Dept head or Lewis take responsibility.. oh no, they find fall guys, expendables..

Perhaps our Commissioners should consider tossing their rubber stamp, stop in-fighting long enough to look at the history and see where the failure stems from..

I ain't holding my breath..

Unregistered

Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    There is a Lewis responsible here but his first name isn't Terry... it's Johnathan. Chief Vespia reports to City Hall, our City Manager owns this mess.. he was responsible to ensure it was cleaned up and thus far, has been an epic FAIL. Oh wait he managed to wipe out the LTs, the experience.. using a 60K Gerry rigged report to do so... why is it, in spite of all the scandals in this city, not once did the Dept head or Lewis take responsibility.. oh no, they find fall guys, expendables..

Perhaps our Commissioners should consider tossing their rubber stamp, stop in-fighting long enough to look at the history and see where the failure stems from..

I ain't holding my breath..

I am from SSO and personally know Terry Lewis' game. I rub your back, you rub mine. He went to Highlands County, then assisted Sarasota County then to North Port etc. He groomed several people at the SSO (Pelfrey included) who sucked his dirty **** for years to get promoted and the did! Then, down to North Port and Vespia has the same **** in his mouth in an attempt to run the show when Lewis leaves. And that certainly happened as well! But Lewis is no dummy; He set it up to have some favors returned when it was time! The time came and Pelfrey made the phone call to Lewis crying saying that he has been rediculed, suspended and made fun of at the SSO and needs to leave. Lewis made the call to Vespia reminding him of the the favors owed and then we see Pelfrey picked out of 40 people that applied and WE are informed he is the best choice ????? HARDLY THINK SO!!!! SPIT OR SWALLOW VESPIA ???

Perhaps, you are right.

Perhaps you are right on the history. I just don't agree that past mentors are responsible for decisions and actions taken by the two who hold the positions now. So if this was a quid pro quo, Vespia and/or the City Manager made the decision and should be held accountable, regardless of the recommendations by our former Chief and City Mgr.

I hope you are wrong about Pelfrey though.. we need the position filled with leadership skills and experience. I would be interested to see who else applied, maybe he was the best candidate. Given the state of our dept, one would have thought that we would have found a squeaky clean proven leader. I have to believe they exist. Maybe having a dept that is riddled with scandal and dysfunction deters the better applicants. We have 10+ officer openings that have not yet been filled.. our officers have gone 3 years without a raise, if I were a cop, I would find a dept where the City doesn't hold them out to dry without wage adjustment too.

Unregistered

YOu agree?

Perhaps you are right on the history. I just don't agree that past mentors are responsible for decisions and actions taken by the two who hold the positions now. So if this was a quid pro quo, Vespia and/or the City Manager made the decision and should be held accountable, regardless of the recommendations by our former Chief and City Mgr.

I hope you are wrong about Pelfrey though.. we need the position filled with leadership skills and experience. I would be interested to see who else applied, maybe he was the best candidate. Given the state of our dept, one would have thought that we would have found a squeaky clean proven leader. I have to believe they exist. Maybe having a dept that is riddled with scandal and dysfunction deters the better applicants. We have 10+ officer openings that have not yet been filled.. our officers have gone 3 years without a raise, if I were a cop, I would find a dept where the City doesn't hold them out to dry without wage adjustment too.

You agree he could have been best candidate out of 40 ???? Coming from the SSO where he was suspended and downgraded for 6 months, just recently?? Where he committed a crime (battery) against a retired LEO ???? REALLY ?????

Read it again please..

Please read what I wrote again.

I have no idea if he was the best or worst candidate. I have not seen the applications yet. What I said was, right, wrong or indifferent.. Vespia and Johnathan Lewis are responsible. I do not prescribe to today's common practice of placing blame and responsibility with someone else (ie teachers, parents, or former mentors). We are each accountable for our own actions. The two above own this mess and should be held accountable for their actions and inactions, not Terry Lewis. I further said, given the current state of the department, I would have hoped that they would have hired someone with a record beyond reproach.

I keep trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.. they continue to make decisions and pull stunts that indicate I am giving them too much credit. We have problematic over aggressive officers being promoted into spots they neither deserve or have demonstrated self control and the ability to handle the increased power. Of the 4 involved in my original complaints, 1 promoted to detective, 1 promoted to K9, 1 promoted to the SRT and the lone surviving LIEutenant lied point blank to me the morning after when I tried to file a complaint. So perhaps, we don't want real change.. we just want more of the same.

I keep trying to believe the best in them.. they continue to prove I am foolish to do so. Color me stupid.

Unregistered
    There were several topics created here pointing out the less the poor management of the department by Lewis.
    One of the biggest and fact based of his careless acts as chief was the Lee killing in 08.
    Lewis was supposed out of town in St. Augustine attending the chief of police convention there. However the conference ended a few days before that and Lewis had not returned as planned.
    It was not till three days after the murder when Lewis finally returned and took control of the investigation.

It was later found that Lewis was not at the convention at the time of the killing but rather was in North Carolina visiting his family and checking on his his future retirement home.
    Of course this issue was raised here at the time, and every Lewis ass kisser went on the immediate attack. They slammed anything that raised the question of why it took Lewis three days to respond to the murder.

That topic is still here in ancient history and maybe it will be resurrected.

Unregistered
    Stephanie, you are more aware than most about the validity of your statement "Of the 4 involved in my original complaints, 1 promoted to detective, 1 promoted to K9, 1 promoted to the SRT and the lone surviving LIEutenant lied point blank to me the morning after when I tried to file a complaint."

His track record on this "lying" is well known by all of us REAL cops doing our jobs on the street. Guess your were just the recipient of another instance where admin or their do-boys in this case do nothing to rebuilt the bublic trust the keep feeding the line to us as we go out into the City doing our job and trying to get through to citizens who have had to deal with this utter nonsense from them.

Removing the LIEs out of a LT will take more than a title change..

So I know he is a Liar, I reported such and got the "misunderstanding" rainbows blown up my backside.. I could not prove it (my word against his) but I know, as does he, that he lied then and lied at least a second time when someone from the Admin asked him about our conversation. If other situations were brought to light, maybe we could build a case and do something about it.

I knew Officer Puncher was going to be promoted to SRT when the Captain reached out to me last month and subsequently told me I should give CC another chance. I wanted to ask him if I beat the hell out of his kid needlessly, would he be so anxious to give me another chance. If he would man up, acknowledge his actions were wrong.. I would forgive and accept that stuff happens..

I go back to my same mantra.. if we do not recognize things are broken, we can never fix them. Our PD Admin has failed to accept responsibility time and time again. Our City Manager has failed to take action to ensure corrections are made. They are each responsible.. and I don't give a rats patoot WHO mentored them. Terry Lewis is our past, we cannot do anything about. Chief Vespia and our City Manager we can do something about... but it will take more than one wronged momma. Instead, each of you should be sharing the facts behind the details of your statements to the public through the media

We, the public majority, believe in Cops and want to support law enforcement.. and thus, the Chief is afforded every opportunity. If good cops step up and raise verifiable facts or cases.. good reporters will get the public to help get you good cops the Admin you deserve..

Unregistered
    Terry Lewis is our past.
    AND THOSE WHO DON'T LEARN FROM THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO LIVE IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.......................

Damn it Stephanie that is the big picture of the department!
    Your view seems to be that what you have experienced is just a problem that is isolated to just this administration.

IT'S NOT!!!!

I don't know how long you have lived here, but this shit has been going on for two and a half ****ing decades at the department.

Sorry to jump your shit, but you hit a real sour note with your comment about not caring about the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast