Miami Dade County PD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Miami Dade County PD

Starting Monday, October 11, 2017 Miami Dade PD will be accepting application for police officers. Don't miss on this great opportunity my fellow law enforcement officers. A career with Miami Dade county PD offers an opportunity for human involvement, professional advancement and community service. MDPD is charged with the safety of*over 2.5 million residents who live within a 2109 square mile area. In order to accomplish this formidable task, it utilizes the services of approximately 2900 sworn officers and 1700 support personnel. The Department is considered among the most progressive in the country - an organization that welcomes change and is eager to meet new challenges.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Starting Monday, October 11, 2017 Miami Dade PD will be accepting application for police officers. Don't miss on this great opportunity my fellow law enforcement officers. A career with Miami Dade county PD offers an opportunity for human involvement, professional advancement and community service. MDPD is charged with the safety of*over 2.5 million residents who live within a 2109 square mile area. In order to accomplish this formidable task, it utilizes the services of approximately 2900 sworn officers and 1700 support personnel. The Department is considered among the most progressive in the country - an organization that welcomes change and is eager to meet new challenges.
    Thanks for the info. I will be applying MPD sucks too much politics,pay sucks,Overtime not pensionable. Just naming a few things, shooting policy sucks. Mayor and Chief does not back you up,let’s not forget the community. City you can keep your 1%, I am jumping Ship. Este departamento es una gran Mierda.

Unregistered
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Trust me ...I currently work for the county and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Morale is at an all-time low...we have horrible/dangerous staffing levels at district stations...we work 5/8s...horrible fleet..a chief who would rather dance on camera than defend his officers..slow response times..stupid and incompetent supervisors..no room for advancement ..and being under the control of a dictatorship mayor who hates us and will have our pay cut/ officer's laid off at any costs!

Unregistered
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Trust me ...I currently work for the county and it's not all it's cracked up to be. Morale is at an all-time low...we have horrible/dangerous staffing levels at district stations...we work 5/8s...horrible fleet..a chief who would rather dance on camera than defend his officers..slow response times..stupid and incompetent supervisors..no room for advancement ..and being under the control of a dictatorship mayor who hates us and will have our pay cut/ officer's laid off at any costs!
    Even with all of our issues we still have it better than ALOT of other departments..I can tell you first hand MDPD is still a better place to be even with all of the bullshit. Lateral over to the county you wont regret it and your pockets wont regret it.

Unregistered
    Even with all of our issues we still have it better than ALOT of other departments..I can tell you first hand MDPD is still a better place to be even with all of the bullshit. Lateral over to the county you wont regret it and your pockets wont regret it.
    Show me enroute on a 2, am tired of FOP and lawsuits that takes 10 years to settle and all the BS here. OT not Pensionable is a Big one.

Unregistered
    Monday the 11th? You meant to say, Wednesday! Thanks for the info.

Unregistered
    Still waiting and no opening...

Unregistered
    If your coming from MPD and trying to get hired by the county. Good luck (first strike) Second, complaints. Third, don't have a I.A. file. MDPD can be selective, on who they hire. Not like the city, needing bodies. What's good is they are a large department and many units to get into. A lot depends on how much time you have in here. If you got 10 or more your struck here. It's all about retirement benefits, when you reach 10+. Hard to start anew, someplace after 10 here. Make the most out of what you have here. Work it to your benefit. If off duties are your thing, then go for it. Me, I rather be home with my family. Here most of us are just a number to fill a slot. To make our supervisors on up, look good! Fu@k the small sh!t and go home to your family. Those working non stop a off duties. Your missing the best years with you family.

Unregistered
    Sailor, stand down and do it now. If I want to look like I work for UPS then I'll show you what Big Brown can do.

Unregistered
    Sailor, stand down and do it now. If I want to look like I work for UPS then I'll show you what Big Brown can do.
    I bet you can show what a big brown can do. Ronald, we don't need or care for your sexual preferences. There is no longer don't ask, don't tell policy in the military or MPD. I often wonder how, you got to staff. Now I know. It's cool, to each their own I guess. Don't take offence, your a proud gay man. I can respect that, I try not to pass judgment, well most of the time. I say live and let live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast