SH-T journalism???

Unregistered

SH-T journalism???

It's ironic that the Sarasota Herald Tribune is the same newspaper that loves to print stories about errors that law enforcement and or any government agency but they can't even find MAJOR flaws of their own. Take for example the online version for today (October 7, 2017) where they have a story about the Eastlake subdivision. I can only assume that they are are showing the Market Snapshot for that subdivision but they have, in BOLD print using CAPITAL letters, a MAREKT SNAPSHOT. Now how is anyone supposed to have any credibility in a, ahem, journalistic forum when they don't even have a grasp on the English Language? My goodness, even spellcheck should have caught that!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's ironic that the Sarasota Herald Tribune is the same newspaper that loves to print stories about errors that law enforcement and or any government agency but they can't even find MAJOR flaws of their own. Take for example the online version for today (October 7, 2017) where they have a story about the Eastlake subdivision. I can only assume that they are are showing the Market Snapshot for that subdivision but they have, in BOLD print using CAPITAL letters, a MAREKT SNAPSHOT. Now how is anyone supposed to have any credibility in a, ahem, journalistic forum when they don't even have a grasp on the English Language? My goodness, even spellcheck should have caught that!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/
    Somebody called the editor, so now it's been fixed, but here's a snapshot of it in it's misspelled glory:

http://docdro.id/VAyk7UK

Unregistered

Jernalizm

Yesterday I couldn't spell Jernalist today I are one!! Hukd on fonix reely werkt fer me! Great edumacation system in Sarasota, so happy to see where my tax dollars go.

Unregistered

Not a profesion

Journalism is not a profession and never will be because:
    1) There are no minimum standards.
    2) There is no certification or revocation process.
    3) There is no accountability. The New York Times, Rolling Stone Magazine and others have committed numerous acts of intentional fraud and malpractice, but no one gets fired.

However, in this case it is important to note that the Sarasota Herald-Tribune did not "out" a private citizen. They exposed a for-profit company that was using tax payer's dollars to try and fraudulently manipulate public opinion by using fake identities. And for that we should thank the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.

Unregistered
    Journalism is not a profession and never will be because:
    1) There are no minimum standards.
    2) There is no certification or revocation process.
    3) There is no accountability. The New York Times, Rolling Stone Magazine and others have committed numerous acts of intentional fraud and malpractice, but no one gets fired.
    So you're saying that a job-field is not a profession unless there is regulatory oversight? That's a very narrow definition. When a union has oversight of something, then is that regulatory oversight? Or does the regulatory oversight have to be citywide, countywide, statewide, nationwide or global before you will recognize it? Exactly how big does this regulatory body have to be, before you will recognize it has having the authority to make something a profession? The word pigeonhole comes to mind. If regulatory oversight, with the power of decertification, is your definition of a profession, then you are correct in your opinion. But your opinion is not the only opinion on the topic.

Then you can get into the difference between a profession verses a professional. So is journalism a profession? Is regulatory oversight required to be instituted before something can be considered a profession? Is there a legal answer to that question? Or does it just boil down to personal opinions?

However, in this case it is important to note that the Sarasota Herald-Tribune did not "out" a private citizen. They exposed a for-profit company that was using tax payer's dollars to try and fraudulently manipulate public opinion by using fake identities. And for that we should thank the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
    That is true, but "social media" has flipped everything upside down. Celebrities and movie stars (on social media) are now treated as icons of wisdom, as if every opinion they share is "holy wisdom from above." Also, the alt.left has taken over social media (and the news media).

So anyway, what the H-T did to Ms. Mcelyea is very strange and it appears that there is an ulterior political undercurrent. Knight is not the only one who tries to manipulate social media and news outlets (you can research Knight's statements about Adolf Hitler's strategies in that area).

Unregistered
    How did this thread go from the simple fact that they SH-T had a major misspelling which should have been caught before being published to being about McElyea? There's a whole other string about the corruption in this county including the McElyeas