This is why the Brass wants to stop 12 hr shifts!!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

This is why the Brass wants to stop 12 hr shifts!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/05/news...shi/index.html

Yes, The brass is fully aware of the harmful and dangerous effects of working 12 hr shifts . And then you add in folks working OT and details to their 12hr hour shifts, in addition to going to court. Its the prefect recipe for disaster and a lawsuit...

Unregistered

Don't take the bait.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Don't take the bait.
    I work my twelve on Alpha, sleep in my uniform so I can get a few hours before traffic court. Come home get a few more hours sleep, then hit my detail prior to my next 12 hour shift. I get to work write a few tickets (mover’s only, more court) hang out with my buddies get a little grub then go hide and sleep the rest of the night.......whats the problem???

Unregistered
    It seems like only 8-9 years ago people were *****ing about the 8 hr shift and how it was bad for your health.....

Unregistered
    And don't forget whiny rookies, if you leave your twelves, you loose that little piece of the weekend you have. RDO's of Tuesday and Wednesday for you

Unregistered
    And don't forget whiny rookies, if you leave your twelves, you loose that little piece of the weekend you have. RDO's of Tuesday and Wednesday for you
    That's ironic since this thread is nothing more than a whine about 12's. Too bad for you, they aren't going anywhere.

Your argument was lost years ago. You should probably stop whining and live with it already.

Unregistered
    That's ironic since this thread is nothing more than a whine about 12's. Too bad for you, they aren't going anywhere.

Your argument was lost years ago. You should probably stop whining and live with it already.
    I get my best sleep at work, I have a small pillow and remove the mdt stand for comfort. If I could only not drool so much and not have so much bed head.

Unregistered
    Its not the new guys complaining, its the old timers in the senior districts who can't get Saturday and Sunday off. People like Jim Pendergrass were complaining about it when it started and a small group of selfish veterans are still whinning about it. Not for a second do they care about anyone else other then themselves. As much as they always threaten to take it away, there is not one agency in the whole country has ever gone back to 8 hour shifts because the financial repercussions. If the Agency can afford that then they can afford a 5, 5, 5 on the next contract.

Unregistered
    Its not the new guys complaining, its the old timers in the senior districts who can't get Saturday and Sunday off. People like Jim Pendergrass were complaining about it when it started and a small group of selfish veterans are still whinning about it. Not for a second do they care about anyone else other then themselves. As much as they always threaten to take it away, there is not one agency in the whole country has ever gone back to 8 hour shifts because the financial repercussions. If the Agency can afford that then they can afford a 5, 5, 5 on the next contract.
    Its only the rookies that want the 12s so they call have what they feel is important

Unregistered
    I think you should worry about the carbon monoxide poisoning we are getting from the Ford Explorers more then 12 shifts.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast