John Szabo
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Szabo

Unregistered

John Szabo

Yet another good deputy in trouble for really nothing. Just exercising his first amendment rights. He only expressed a point of view that was critical of the decision making process of superiors. Seems like another good deputy getting ready to leave...joining the 43 (which seems like a real low number) that have left since Chitwood took office.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...-investigation

My opinion...Szabo is getting screwed. And it further should be a warning to others....be careful of what you say or think in the VCSO. There are bosses with thin skin (Chitwood, Morgan, Creamer, et al) and they do not like the first amendment.

Unregistered
    It appears that Sheriff Chitwood fired John Szabo today (according to the News Journal). That is such an injustice. Szabo was a good deputy who performed well during his tenure. Chitwood is further showing what a poor leader he is. There has already been a mass exodus of deputies. With actions like this I am sure more will be on the way.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yet another good deputy in trouble for really nothing. Just exercising his first amendment rights. He only expressed a point of view that was critical of the decision making process of superiors. Seems like another good deputy getting ready to leave...joining the 43 (which seems like a real low number) that have left since Chitwood took office.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...-investigation

My opinion...Szabo is getting screwed. And it further should be a warning to others....be careful of what you say or think in the VCSO. There are bosses with thin skin (Chitwood, Morgan, Creamer, et al) and they do not like the first amendment.
    "Just exercising his first amendment rights." Come on guys, we don't have the right to say whatever we want when we work for the government. I won't get into the debate about Szabo, but the facts are that we can't just say whatever we want and then use the "First Amendment" excuse.

I do agree that this administration is ruling with an iron fist. We have seen this before under a different regime. Be careful what you say in public and careful what you memorialize in writing. It will haunt you. And for you folks on Facebook, you are foolish with some of the things you are posting. Don't think some of your postings won't come up when you are on the witness stand one day!

Unregistered
    I have a feeling that Brodie will be able to get Szabo's job back. I have faith in him and the union!!

Unregistered
    "Just exercising his first amendment rights." Come on guys, we don't have the right to say whatever we want when we work for the government. I won't get into the debate about Szabo, but the facts are that we can't just say whatever we want and then use the "First Amendment" excuse.

I do agree that this administration is ruling with an iron fist. We have seen this before under a different regime. Be careful what you say in public and careful what you memorialize in writing. It will haunt you. And for you folks on Facebook, you are foolish with some of the things you are posting. Don't think some of your postings won't come up when you are on the witness stand one day!
    That is some good advice about being careful about posting on facebook and ending up on the witness stand. The only problem is that the Sheriff has fired the folks that have posted on facebook so they do not have to worry about any witness stands.

Unregistered

Szabo

Prior to szabo's post and subsequent firing, I heard from more than one source that he planned on resigning within days. I'm sure that bit of news was handed up to the Sheriff from beneath his desk. If that was true, then Szabo probably made the post thinking screw it, I'll speak my mind because I will be gone before they can do anything.

The thing is, what takes a good, productive deputy and turns him into a disgruntled deputy ready to quit? The real screwing of Szabo came when he was kicked over to courthouse transport for the "rolling roadblock" and littering incidents. I find it amusing that there is a video of the sheriff attempting the same maneuver with much less skill and precision (he basically pit maneuvered himself). I'm sure Szabo started looking for other opportunities shortly after the original screwing.

Here's how he really ended up fired. He was leaving disgruntled after being screwed for doing his job. He figured he was leaving so it didn't matter if he shared his opinions. The sheriff, being a narcissist of the highest order with a fragile ego, was pissed off when he saw the post. Anything short of complete blind support tends to bruise the sheriff's fragile ego. So the sheriff decided to bless us with his version of a childish temper tantrum. To satisfy his poor pathetic wounded psyche, he fired Szabo before he could quit.

Unregistered

Do as I say not as I do

Here's the video of Chitwood's PIT. What a tool.

https://youtu.be/sHrKW8CObwU

Unregistered

Smh

https://youtu.be/kewny8m9cEY

Saw this video beneath the other. Thought it was strange seeing as he doesn't carry a gun while doing law enforcement.

Unregistered
    Wow. I had forgotten about the firearm at OIA. And I did not hear of the PIT maneuver. He is such a tool. Besides destroying morale he has made some really poor decisions and actions. To include:
    - the SWAT call this year where he had to be saved by the SWAT team (it was on VCSO exposed before he and his lackeys shut it down)
    - His relationship with Janelle Homan
    - His bicycle incident (not the crash...that was unfortunate) but where he did not strap the bicycle onto his department issued vehicle and lied about it after the crashed into three vehicles on I95
    - his not being able to pass the stress shoot
    - not wearing body armor, a BWC or other department issued equipment (from the "I will never ask a deputy to do anything I wouldn't do" campaign promiser")
    - decisions involving having a study involving lethal force (when you already have IA, FDLE and the State Attorney investigate it)
    - his personnel decisions (to include chiefs, transfers, demotions, etc)

This is quite the list...there is so much more. I need to go take an aspirin. As long as you sing his praises and tell him he is God's gift to law enforcement you are safe (and will be getting promoted or praised)

Unregistered

Maybe you should take 3 seconds out of your day and research before saying something dumb. The post was on a secret/private page for the Union. It is protected speech. It was not ever “public”. Not Szabo’s fault some coward snitch had to backstab him and screenshot it and sent it to the sheriff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast