I am boycotting the BFL

ID7204001

I am boycotting the BFL

I am boycotting the NFL.

As an almost thirty-year law enforcement officer, I will no longer attend games, watch games on television, buy any NFL related merchandise, and will try my best not to support any company that supports, sponsors, or advertises with the NFL.

I will not support a league/business/owners/players who think it is ok to disrespect law enforcement and who believe the criminal (notice I don’t mention his name) was right and Officer Darren Wilson was wrong.

I will not support a league/business/owners/players who think it is ok to disrespect law enforcement by not letting Dallas Cowboy players wear decals on their helmets honoring five brave police officers killed in the line of duty by thugs but do not take action against a player who wears socks depicting police officers as “pigs”.

I will not support a league/business/owners/players who refuse to allow players to wear symbols honoring the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks but allow their employees to disrespect the country.

I have had enough. If you think this is about freedom of speech, and you plan on going to the next Dolphin’s game, order neon green “Steve Ross Sucks” t-shirts for your group and see how far you get. I hear there is a company in Miami that will provide them for free, though I have not been able to confirm (if anyone has this information, please provide it).

My boycott has nothing to do with race. My boycott has everything to do with the disrespect shown to law enforcement, the military, and the United States of America. I understand and support freedom of speech, but not when you are on a football field playing professional sports in front of fans who really want to just enjoy a game, not get involved in politics and false narratives. And not when you are supporting a movement started by and uninformed, confused by the facts, misguided, disrespectful, unemployed ex-mediocre quarterback who wore socks depicting police officers as “pigs”.

If you agree with me, please spread the word. Tell your friends, post this (or your own version) on social media. Hit them in the pockets, where they will notice. Call DirectTV and cancel your NFL Ticket package (they will do it without penalty if you mention you are cancelling because of the player’s disrespect of the flag/country/national anthem/military/law enforcement/etc.) If you have NFL clothing, don’t burn it, send it to Puerto Rico to help the victims of Irma. They can use your NFL hats as well.

And to Bruce Maxwell of the Oakland A’s baseball team, I hope your one-man boycott of Major League Baseball stays just like that, a one-man boycott. I love baseball and hope your co-workers use better tactics to get whatever message they have across. I also hope the league, commissioner, and owners have bigger gonads than their NFL counterparts and deal with the issue in a better way. As for your concerns for the boos you may be hearing this weekend when your team takes on the Texas Rangers, yes, I am sure some will be related to you “taking a knee”, but a lot will also be related to your .241 batting average. Perhaps you should stick to playing baseball when you are in uniform, getting paid, and leave your “activism” to your free time, after you practice your hitting of course.

I welcome your comments, whether you agree or disagree, and ask you to keep them civil, professional, and respectful.

Unregistered

Boycott- Do it for the troops putting their lives on the line for all of us

Wholeheartedly agree? Football players are privileged and spoiled since High School. Told what to do and what to think for most of their lives.

Watch how fast those owners change their minds about supporting the players when they realize the majority of the nation supports the troops and feels something special about their country.
    Jeez a bunch of kids over there dying for all of us and the rich spoiled football players want to make a statement.

Watch how fast the players change their tune when they realize the media conned them into thinking taking a knee was cool.
    Is it illegal to burn the flag? Anybody know?

Unregistered

Burning/desecrating flag ok free speech US Supreme Ct 1969

Flag burning/desecrating flag ok free speech US Supreme Ct 1969

Unregistered
    You can burn a flag or kneel. It's the USA. You can be an a$$hole if you want to.

Unregistered

It's a workplace

I wouldn't let my employees do either at work. Owners wouldn't let an expression for the fallen officers in Texas or 911.

Unregistered

Does 1 Amendment apply to work place ?

Owners didn't allow expression for the Texas fallen officers or 911.
    How about a protest against the missing fathers in certain neighborhoods.

Unregistered

A's player Maxwell putz

Lets boycott this loser with the A's- Loser

Unregistered
    My hat is off to you. The first time I read a post on this forum that, not only, makes sense, it’s well written and on the money. I too am boycotting the NFL! We can’t allow this disrespect for Law Enforcement to continue. This is directed at us and only us. Take a stand! I know I have!!

Unregistered
    Reprinted from the Washington Times:

Colin Kaepernick donated $25,000 to group honoring convicted cop-killer

Colin Kaepernick started out taking a knee during the national anthem to protest police brutality, but his activism has since expanded to encompass a wide range of leftist causes, including a group named after a convicted cop-killer.
    The Colin Kaepernick Foundation donated in April $25,000 to Assata’s Daughters, a Chicago “direct action” resistance organization honoring Assata Shakur, who escaped prison and fled to Cuba after being found guilty in the 1973 murder of Officer Werner Foerster.
    The grant includes $2,500 for CopWatch, a program that trains volunteers to follow and video police, and $15,000 for teen training, part of the group’s commitment to “develop and train young people, ages 4-19, in the Black queer feminist tradition and in the spirit of Assata.”
    Apparently Mr. Kaepernick is also a fan: He retweeted a July 16 message wishing Shakur a happy birthday.
    The contribution came as part of Mr. Kaepernick’s pledge last year to donate $1 million over 10 months to “organizations working in oppressed communities.”
    So far he has given $900,000 in grants to 31 organizations, including apolitical services like Meals on Wheels as well as advocacy groups pushing a left-of-center agenda on issues like abortion, climate change, criminal-justice reform and immigration.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can burn a flag or kneel. It's the USA. You can be an a$$hole if you want to.
    You cant burn a flag at work or kneel at work or give the Nazi salute at work. DAH