Time between Polygraph and Background Check - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Took me 1 month to get scheduled for the psychological exam. Don't listen to all the haters. This is a great agency. LONG LIVE FHP.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Took me 1 month to get scheduled for the psychological exam. Don't listen to all the haters. This is a great agency. LONG LIVE FHP.
    Are you freakn kidding me!? Ha! The time between tests is ample time to apply at other, more professional, more respected and better paying agencies my friend. Run. And run fast. Don’t look back.

Unregistered
    You must have just graduated the Academy. Still brainwashed sadly ... give it a few more months and you'll hate this agency and yourself and your family.

Unregistered

Process

I took my polygraph a few weeks ago. I have been proactive and asking about my results. They are still being reviewed. Hope the squeaky wheel gets the grease as my dad always said...

Also, my local PD and SO do not sponsor and require L/E cert before or during application. I have my reasons why I have not gone the LE cert route before an application. I had to fight to get a polygraph because I was truthful but I did get passed through by the review process. Hoping this all works out. Being optimistic.

Unregistered
    I took my polygraph a few weeks ago. I have been proactive and asking about my results. They are still being reviewed. Hope the squeaky wheel gets the grease as my dad always said...

Also, my local PD and SO do not sponsor and require L/E cert before or during application. I have my reasons why I have not gone the LE cert route before an application. I had to fight to get a polygraph because I was truthful but I did get passed through by the review process. Hoping this all works out. Being optimistic.
    You're one of those annoying applicants that expects results within 24 hrs so you call GHQ twice a day until you get what you want?

I would say get to steppin, but we need bodies. Plus you have good grammar and sentence structure. You should be a shoe in.

Unregistered
    My polygraph examiner told me right on the spot that I "did fine", "no problems", "you passed". The background investigator contacted me 2-3 weeks after my poly to schedule my psych eval and told me to start getting documents together.

Don't be this guy. FHP is desperate, so they may not have a choice, but a lot of agencies will "conveniently" move your file to the bottom of the stack every time they check on it solely because you're calling for an update.

Unregistered
    13 months here

Unregistered
    Thank you for the advice.

Unregistered

You need to distinguish yourself from the other 200 little texting snot-nosed brats waiting for "that call"
    Show them that you are a grown man. Get on the phone and let them know that you are large and in charge, yell at them a bit, demand to speak to a major and tell them to get their asses in gear and quit playing around. They will respect you and they like that. It shows that you have initiative and can lead. They need leaders and grown-ups. Put them in the hot seat and let them know you aren't going to take crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12