Hcso lost cause - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hcso lost cause

Unregistered
    It was said long ago and no one listened. The last time this occurred the old timers said " teamsters" or nothing. The PBA was chosen because it was thought since TPD had them , we would benefit.

It was doomed from the start.

Unregistered
    so what do we do? I mean we dont hear one word from anyone unless we screw up. Its all negative reinforcement now. Punishment only. All archaic 80’s and 90’s business philosophies that failed miserably and only caused serious resentment and poor productivity. They tried to showed one last ditch effort recently to ask us in a few meetings if there was anything they could do to make our job better. kind of like agonal breathing for last of the dying leadership mentality. when patrol mentioned needing more people and a mid shift, they were treated like they were whining. typical. they should look into what new leadership philosophies are. Even research how years ago a new CEO of the alcoa corporation turned everything around by focusing on employee staffing and safety. the employees felt supported and things turned around. we are all afraid. affraid to make decisions, affraid to speak, and even affraid to act. its bad. its a very bad sign.

Unregistered
    I d vote for the union in a heartbeat as would my squad mates.
    This place is out of control. CC way over his head as Sheriff. He s a political hack

Unregistered

Tulle frisch

How do we request for a union?

Unregistered
    Teamster Local #2011
    11705 Boyette Road Suite 409
    Riverview, Florida
    (813) 376-3324
    admin@local2011.com
    www.teamsterslocal2011.org

Unregistered
    Check that zip. 34236 is Sarasota, not Riverview.

Unregistered
    I am ready to try something new and the majority in the office feel the same. Lets have a vote again and see how much confidence the troops have in this new administration.
    Its only matter of time folks. The union will be back. The chiefs heavy handed discipline has swayed me that its time for a voice for the troops. When tthe office has the power to destroy a career without even an investigation or worse a bs insvestigation where the outcome is already predetermined, you know its time to have some form of representation.

Unregistered

Union Clout

You folks in favor of a union need to remember what extreme limitations a union faces when making demands of a Sheriff. Also, make sure the union you pick is represented by the right personnel who are willing to start off with a non-adversarial attitude like the previous HCSO reps. Small steps and getting more with reasoning and compromise is usually more successful than "we're gonna stick it to the Sheriff"

Unregistered

non-adversarial reps

I meant to say UN-like the previous reps... they went in with an aggressive, demanding attitude so the staff dug in their heels even more, probably just to be spiteful. The rank and file need to understand the limits to their leverage in negotiations and, as I said take small steps using reasoning and compromise. In reality, the Sheriff holds most, if not all of the cards.

Unregistered
    I agree. Baby steps. We should start small. Not aggressive. I think the brass do not know whst truly frustrate us. Ithe the small things. Maybe on patrol, they can start by focusing on more deputues, making us going home on time a priority, and canceling CYA and BS calls. Also, doing something about these waste of time shop lift calls. They bog patrol down bad. They are a scam. These businesses bait peoole in to stealing, so they can make money, and we get stuck doing the leg work. Why doesnt Walmart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, Bealls, and these stupid malls have uniformed security and some kind of prevention plan? They want cases. its a total scam. Maybe clear unfounded 730’s with detailed call comments instead of a 2 hour report. its all the same info. These unlocked burglaries need to be dealt with also. DNA, prints, neighborhood survey, evidence room, report, and all while being told to hurry up for the next paper garbage call. Simple things like that may make me and some others not despise this job. more people on the road would be a too.

Also, many of the issues we had with the union, like losing the detective rank and the impase, were the HCSO. Not the union. ill take whatever negative comes with a union to make things better. hell, ill take a pay cut for just one zone partner. if a union come, i would vote yes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast