Application process

Unregistered

Application process

Hey guys,

I applied to a civilian position for the city. They're currently doing my background but I imagine they're about done since it's been some time. I also took the polygraph over a month ago, and even though I was nervous throughout the whole thing, the administrator told me I should do just fine from what he could see. My question is, if for some reason I failed the polygraph, would they stop my background and discontinue the process right away? I'm only asking because just recently I received a notice from a credit monitoring service that someone had looked into my credit, and when I went ahead and checked, I saw that it was the department. So I imagine if for some reason I were to be disqualified, they wouldn't have gotten this far.

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey guys,

I applied to a civilian position for the city. They're currently doing my background but I imagine they're about done since it's been some time. I also took the polygraph over a month ago, and even though I was nervous throughout the whole thing, the administrator told me I should do just fine from what he could see. My question is, if for some reason I failed the polygraph, would they stop my background and discontinue the process right away? I'm only asking because just recently I received a notice from a credit monitoring service that someone had looked into my credit, and when I went ahead and checked, I saw that it was the department. So I imagine if for some reason I were to be disqualified, they wouldn't have gotten this far.

Thanks in advance!

No news is good news.. If you failed you'll be told and you'd know by now

Unregistered
    Our city HR isn't the greatest, and if you try to get an update from them, it may affect your process. Just sit back and wait for a response but I know that sucks, just how it is in Miami.

Unregistered
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
    What civilian position? I been looking for jobs on their website and haven't seen anything new for a long time. I even applied for Crime Scene and was never notified yet someone I know in Crime Scene told me they need a lot of crime scene techs.

I also seen City of Miami Park Rangers driving around in their nice little trucks... when the hell did the city hire for that??? I never seen such open position.

Unregistered
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
    Why the phuque would you want to come to work with this third world government operation when there are plenty pf jobs that yopu can get where they treat you decently. Only those people who are "friends" of someone or politically connected are getting hired. If you were one of those, then you wouldn't be going through the background process in the first place.

Unregistered
    What exactly do they look at during the background process and does it usually take long?

Unregistered
    What exactly do they look at during the background process and does it usually take long?
    Depends on the position: Criminal history, credit, people you listed as references. School records, driving record. Employment history. These things take time and your not the only one who's having the background done. The background investigators, as they are called, have dozens of files to work on at any given time. Now, to ease you a little. Something you really need to come to terms with. If you applying for a police position: You race, sex and family connections play a REAL big part of the process. Years ago, when I applied I did Miami and B.S.O at the same time. Within 6 weeks Broward hired me as a deputy. After being on Broward 14 months. Miami contacted me to come in and take the written. Which I did. Took 3 weeks to hear anything back. Next was the poly. Once they send you to a physical, your in. It's just a matter of getting signed off on it. When I worked for BSO, they had a media whore as the sheriff. Miami at the time had better pay and retirement if your able to get to 25+ So, now as I want to kick myself in the azz for leaving BSO and coming here. Between the 2 Sheriff offices, I worked with before coming here, they had the same retirement plan. I lost 5 years. I have no regrets in coming here. Well, most days. Miami had some really great people here. If you can get by the F&F B.S and the race card they play on promotions and transfers to special units. Now, on promotions here: When I took the Sgt test, they created 3 list to choose from: (white) Cuban & female) & (black) My overall score was 95, I got passed over the first round for a black who's overall score was 70 and he didn't even make it thru the 6 month probation. Finally it was my turn. Same with the LT'S test. On everything it all falls down to connections and who's willing to stand up for you at the given time. Cops from when I started to the one coming on today are a very different breed. Not saying anything his wrong with that. It is what it is.

With any police department or sheriff office, you have good and bad. In people, policy and city halls or county government. Our city hall, well I'll be nice but they could Fu@k up a wet dream.