Fixing FHP's current issues - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Folks, that will never happen. By hiring from local academies we don't have the ability to engrave what it takes to be a Florida State Trooper. From day 1 at the Academy, we want Recruits to know they are the best of the best. They worked long and hard to get there. We, as many of you know, are the most selective agency in the state. There's a reason for that.

As I applaud you for thinking outside the box, I must act as a realist and tell you that will never happen. We have too many people knocking at our doors trying to get hired as State Troopers. We are the best.

Now folks, if you don't like it here then take this opportunity to close this page out, open Google and search for an agency near you that is hiring.

Best of luck and happy hunting.
    Ok this is clearly someone with brass or someone from GHQ responding because of the content of this email. I would strongly disagree with the notion that "we are the best". Many departments in south Florida are starting to require a college degree to be selected. Why hasn't FHP adopted this policy? A GED (Good Enough Diploma) should not fulfill the educational requirement for any law enforcement position - period! When you say we are the best, what exactly makes us the best? What is the criteria we are being judged on?

I agree we are a good agency. I have enjoyed my years here but we are clearly not the best. I think our low pay is surely a barrier that wouldn't necessarily make us the best.

Unregistered
    You dont like it then leave!

Go write some tickets and get your shinebox..
    Ok you used the "shinebox" quote at least 4 other times in your post. It is no longer, funny, relevant or insulting. It actually makes you sound like an uneducated tool because you have not said anything else. Everyone of your posts is the exact two sentence statement above. Go away.

Unregistered
    Ok you used the "shinebox" quote at least 4 other times in your post. It is no longer, funny, relevant or insulting. It actually makes you sound like an uneducated tool because you have not said anything else. Everyone of your posts is the exact two sentence statement above. Go away.
    If you don't like it here leave. No one is forcing you to put the Black and Tan on. No one is forcing you to come to this site. Trust me when I say, you will be replaced and not be missed. I can only imagine how happy your colleagues will be once you leave.

Unregistered
    If you don't like it here leave. No one is forcing you to put the Black and Tan on. No one is forcing you to come to this site. Trust me when I say, you will be replaced and not be missed. I can only imagine how happy your colleagues will be once you leave.
    Take your own advice and leave. You are an embarrassment to FHP.

Unregistered
    Take your own advice and leave. You are an embarrassment to FHP.
    Every Trooper is an embarrassment to FHP.

Unregistered
    Two questions about your proposal:

1. Can training funds be used for salary or are they appropriated in separate categories? (I know the answer but want to see if you do)
    2. If you can do what you propose, what would the amount of your fictional raise be per employee?
    I'd say use the training funds for boosting the salary since FHP has become a training ground for future deputies and police officers. Most people that apply here use it as a stepping stone to transfer to their desired agency

I don't have the numbers for the raise at this moment but percentage wise, maybe 5%-15% depending on the position and years of experience.

Unregistered
    Every Trooper is an embarrassment to FHP.
    FHP is an embarrassment to law enforcement period! And I work here! I don't like here but I will NOT leave. I rather come on this forum and b*itch and complain like everyone else. That's my divine right! I will take my shinebox everywhere I go to b*tch and complain. And as a boy in black and tan I will write tickets and work crashes with a horrible attitude.

Class 134

Unregistered
    FHP is an embarrassment to law enforcement period! And I work here! I don't like here but I will NOT leave. I rather come on this forum and b*itch and complain like everyone else. That's my divine right! I will take my shinebox everywhere I go to b*tch and complain. And as a boy in black and tan I will write tickets and work crashes with a horrible attitude.

Class 134
    134? Broh you don't even have a year on. Where are you assigned

Unregistered

Class 134
    I would say you're a troll, but you may very well be informed now even without completing a year of service. Leave while you can.

Unregistered
    One need not look too far to see what is happening.

Look who is in charge of the academy......Rassmuttun is a disgrace. Fired / rehired and now in charge of training our future leaders. Very disconcerning

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast