Fixing FHP's current issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Lightbulb Fixing FHP's current issues

FHP should just dismantle the academy, basic and transitional. Just hire straight from local police academies statewide. Use that money for training troopers to implement a step pay plan instead of earning the same year after year when

Retention, recruitment, and manpower shortage would be solved overnight.

"If you don't like it here, then leave!"
    Yeah sure man, keep alienating current troopers whenever they bring up an issue.

Unregistered
    You dont like it then leave!

Go write some tickets and get your shinebox..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

FU Douche Bag!!

Unregistered

Pathetic

Why don't you leave then? Did I make you mad boy, how cute ☺️

Unregistered
    FHP should just dismantle the academy, basic and transitional. Just hire straight from local police academies statewide.
    Folks, that will never happen. By hiring from local academies we don't have the ability to engrave what it takes to be a Florida State Trooper. From day 1 at the Academy, we want Recruits to know they are the best of the best. They worked long and hard to get there. We, as many of you know, are the most selective agency in the state. There's a reason for that.

As I applaud you for thinking outside the box, I must act as a realist and tell you that will never happen. We have too many people knocking at our doors trying to get hired as State Troopers. We are the best.

Now folks, if you don't like it here then take this opportunity to close this page out, open Google and search for an agency near you that is hiring.

Best of luck and happy hunting.

Unregistered
    The Academy has problems and fails in many ways. But even the legislature found it to have statewide benefit. Someone posted the study here somewhere before.

The legislature needs to fund recurring step plan money - plain and simple.

Unregistered
    FHP should just dismantle the academy, basic and transitional. Just hire straight from local police academies statewide. Use that money for training troopers to implement a step pay plan instead of earning the same year after year when

Retention, recruitment, and manpower shortage would be solved overnight.

"If you don't like it here, then leave!"
    Yeah sure man, keep alienating current troopers whenever they bring up an issue.
    Two questions about your proposal:

1. Can training funds be used for salary or are they appropriated in separate categories? (I know the answer but want to see if you do)
    2. If you can do what you propose, what would the amount of your fictional raise be per employee?

Unregistered
    Folks, that will never happen. By hiring from local academies we don't have the ability to engrave what it takes to be a Florida State Trooper. From day 1 at the Academy, we want Recruits to know they are the best of the best. They worked long and hard to get there. We, as many of you know, are the most selective agency in the state. There's a reason for that.

As I applaud you for thinking outside the box, I must act as a realist and tell you that will never happen. We have too many people knocking at our doors trying to get hired as State Troopers. We are the best.

Now folks, if you don't like it here then take this opportunity to close this page out, open Google and search for an agency near you that is hiring.

The Folks Guy! My man! How u doin

Unregistered

Most selective? How about the recruit who was fired in the academy for not disclosing a felony arrest and then he was rehired and graduated a later class - and is a trooper today. You must be a north Florida hillbilly, because down here in REAL Florida FHP only gets the people who get turned down by 7 or 8 PD's and all the counties. Keep writing tickets though redneck, maybe you'll get a weekend pass so you can go to the Toby Keith concert.

Unregistered
    Most selective? How about the recruit who was fired in the academy for not disclosing a felony arrest and then he was rehired and graduated a later class - and is a trooper today. You must be a north Florida hillbilly, because down here in REAL Florida FHP only gets the people who get turned down by 7 or 8 PD's and all the counties. Keep writing tickets though redneck, maybe you'll get a weekend pass so you can go to the Toby Keith concert.
    Our background investigators are lazy and incompetent. If they can't catch a prior felony on someone's record, imagine what else they've let through. We are far from selective.

We take anyone has that has a pulse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast