Insight on Miami Beach PD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Insight on Miami Beach PD

Hey guys,

I'm a local LEO is south Florida with a bit over 2 years of experience. I'm thinking of leaving my current department because we are being micromanaged left and right by the supervisors and our call volume is very slow even though we are a fairly large city. We have good benefits here but the opportunities for movement are tough.

I know every agency has their fair shares issues but I'm looking for some insight on Miami Beach.

Unregistered
    We the unwilling
    Lead by the unknowing
    Have done so much
    for so long
    with so little
    that now. .. .
    we can do anything
    with nothing

Welcome to the MBPD

Unregistered
    Great Department with an out of touch Chief. But he is out of here soon so apply. You will triple your salary.

Unregistered
    I am considering applying the only thing would be that I have to finish my bachelors degree since you guys require it unfortunately even though I have LEO experience.

Unregistered
    Say bye to your weekends and every holiday. Good money but won't be able to do shit with it lmfao

Unregistered
    Is it tough to get into any specialized units? Crime suppression, robbery etc?

Unregistered
    Any idea when the next hiring announcement will be? Also, is there a take home car program?

Unregistered
    What kind of shift schedule do you all run?

Unregistered
    The dept just swore in 5 rookies today (9/19/17) ..

To get into any specialized unit should be easy.. as every guy with time on that was in a 'Specialized Unit" either jumped ship to go back to patrol or will be getting ready to get out of their units to go back to patrol as to not listen to the BS from the Command Staff..

You might wanna try to be the PIO ? Do you like sticking your head up bosses azzes ? Do you like taking 50 selfies a day and posting them to Twitter & IG ? then this is the gig for you..

Take Homes .. after a year with dept.

If you like being ordered around by clueless bosses that have no idea to what day it is, let alone how to supervise & direct Officers on patrol and perform under stressful situations that "POP OFF" all the time..

Welcome to the MBPD CIRCUS.. with Chief DaN Gloates the CIRCUS CLOWN RING LEADER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast