Hurricane irma - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane irma

Unregistered

Experience matters

There are great posts here worth reading, especially the posts from Hurricane Andrew vets. Unfortunately, I think our mayor is too short-sighted and our director is too young to apply his Andrew experience to this hurricane. We won't be A/B until the hurricane is at our door and chaos is already underway.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    there are great posts here worth reading, especially the posts from hurricane andrew vets. Unfortunately, i think our mayor is too short-sighted and our director is too young to apply his andrew experience to this hurricane. We won't be a/b until the hurricane is at our door and chaos is already underway.
    who is running this shit whole....director while you sleep we are out here directing traffic and stopping fights at every gas station in the county....go alpha beavi already

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    who is running this shit whole....director while you sleep we are out here directing traffic and stopping fights at every gas station in the county....go alpha beavi already
    I never saw JP during Andrew or after. I think he was in Midwest at that time. We worked 12-16 hour days for the first couple weeks. Then we went to Alpha/Bravo with weekends. Andrew was a disaster and the departments initial response SUCKED. But after a week or so they got better. Remember, the roads may be blocked by trees and telephone poles. No electricity for weeks. The water system may be compromised initially. The locals will be stealing everything that's not tied down. Neighborhoods will band together to protect themselves (be respectful of them, they may help you). I pray that JP reviews the AFTERACTION and plans accordingly.

Have extra water and food in your cars. Extra clothing too. Make sure you have your medical gear in car. Fire may not be able to get around either. I distinctly remember a lady walking up to me. Here house had burned to the ground. She asked for help. I told there was NOTHING I COULD DO. I slept on the floor of a hospital the first couple days. No way to get home, roads were blocked. IT SUCKED, but made a ton of OT))))

Unregistered
    I never saw JP during Andrew or after. I think he was in Midwest at that time. We worked 12-16 hour days for the first couple weeks. Then we went to Alpha/Bravo with weekends. Andrew was a disaster and the departments initial response SUCKED. But after a week or so they got better. Remember, the roads may be blocked by trees and telephone poles. No electricity for weeks. The water system may be compromised initially. The locals will be stealing everything that's not tied down. Neighborhoods will band together to protect themselves (be respectful of them, they may help you). I pray that JP reviews the AFTERACTION and plans accordingly.

Have extra water and food in your cars. Extra clothing too. Make sure you have your medical gear in car. Fire may not be able to get around either. I distinctly remember a lady walking up to me. Here house had burned to the ground. She asked for help. I told there was NOTHING I COULD DO. I slept on the floor of a hospital the first couple days. No way to get home, roads were blocked. IT SUCKED, but made a ton of OT))))
    Still no information no alpha bravo!!?!? I had to call Hammocks to get gas from the north end. What a shifty play to work where no information is passed a long to the troops.. anyone else having this issue

Unregistered
    Still no information no alpha bravo!!?!? I had to call Hammocks to get gas from the north end. What a shifty play to work where no information is passed a long to the troops.. anyone else having this issue
    Apparently it's a budgetary issue on whether to go Alpha/Bravo & who to place on Alpha/Bravo.

This department is a joke. A true leader would tell the mayor we need to activate now, for reasons X, Y, Z. Done deal.

Possibly the worst hurricane to strike our nation & here we are debating on alpha/bravo. Then you wonder why new sergeants can't make a decision. What do you expect? They see it from "top dog" daily.

Unregistered
    It is quite embarrassing to see and hear our current command staff address us. Director please retire! We have absolutely no confidence in you as a leader or any one of your advisors. Take the money and run.

Unregistered
    It is quite embarrassing to see and hear our current command staff address us. Director please retire! We have absolutely no confidence in you as a leader or any one of your advisors. Take the money and run.
    JP reminds me of a quarterback, trying to get the big play off before the play **** expires. As the troops lineup ready to work that play, the play clock ticks 3,2,1. He then realizes it wasn't a good play to call but doesn't have enough time for an audible so he is forced to burn a timeout.

Unregistered
    In the last 48 hours we have gone:
    Alpha bravo is on
    No alpha bravo
    Alpha bravo is back on
    Let's modify the alpha bravo hours

You guys talk so much bullshit, "we got to take care of your families first".

Listen mother f*cker, the only thing you're doing is ruining families. How do you think our spouses feel when we have to explain to them your undecisiveness?

Why rewrite the play book? Since when we do start alpha bravo at 5pm? You and your minions are a joke. The worst to ever run this department. The people under you, to include majors, are getting fed up. Do us a favor and step down.

Unregistered

5pm My Arse? 14 day notice

In the last 48 hours we have gone:
    Alpha bravo is on
    No alpha bravo
    Alpha bravo is back on
    Let's modify the alpha bravo hours

You guys talk so much bullshit, "we got to take care of your families first".

Listen mother f*cker, the only thing you're doing is ruining families. How do you think our spouses feel when we have to explain to them your undecisiveness?

Why rewrite the play book? Since when we do start alpha bravo at 5pm? You and your minions are a joke. The worst to ever run this department. The people under you, to include majors, are getting fed up. Do us a favor and step down.

Listen the schedule was made and times set, wind gust are up and getting higher! Can the PBA do their job and make sure folks are
    Not being forced to respond to work under hurricane force winds! These guys are clueless morons and it's clear!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast