How is it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is it?

Unregistered
    So, I too would like to know like the OP, as far as call volume, step plans, movement within the agency, sufficient number of deputies or short staffed?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not a "cop block", I'm not a troll like you and I am an individual. No one posted the closed case link but me. The Sheriff posts the case results, not me. So by calling me a "cop block" you are calling the Sheriff a cop block because he is the one that ordered closed cases to be made public.

When you look at that list you will see words like "Exonerated" which means the evidence they have shows that the person did not commit the infraction they were charged with (good for them). "Unsubstantiated" which means they have evidence but it is not conclusive enough to show that the person was fully responsible for the infraction they were charged with (kind of good for them). Then there are the ones that were found guilty because the evidence shows without a doubt that they are at fault and most of them admit to committing the infraction.

I am not the one who pointed these infractions out or "told on them" to start the investigation. I am not the one who investigated or was a witness interviewed in any of the cases. I am just someone who posted a link that shows factual information. I am not a "cop hater", I respect all the deputies that do their job the way they are supposed to with morals and proper work ethics. If a deputy uses his weapon in a justified manner then I'm all for it. However the ones that spit on the badge like the cheaters, liars, the ones who waste time on the clock, play/text/horseplay/sleep/show their "junk"/use unnecessary force and tries to cover it up or any other type of BS instead of doing their job correctly and make the rest of the SO look like idiots and criminals can rot and need to find another job.

You seem to be one of those people that don't like the truth and support those deputies that make the whole SO look like idiots and "bad cops". Stop being part of the problem and/or stop posting BS. Stop blaming people for others' mistakes and choices. Those idiots are the only ones responsible for their actions because no one made them chose to do what they did.
    We put

Signed
    James McLynas

Unregistered
    Any others on this topic?

Unregistered
    Patrol is very short at this time. Retirements, attrition in FTO, and with people flat out quitting. I’m sure that’s the same anywhere.

Step plan is in place. I got hired when we didn’t have it, now we do. So that’s cool.

Policy is a mixed bag. I don’t care for some policies that I perceive to be showing weakness. But I’m a younger deputy and I assume my enthusiasm and desire to chase bad guys is due to my age.

Leadership is also a mixed bag. You see really good people getting rank, but they’re being pulled from patrol and put in places that need strong leaders. In patrol, you have a mix of sychophants, cowards, and weak leaders. There are really good supervisors as well. I’m sure that’s true everywhere.

I would say that as a relatively new deputy, i perceive a degree of fear of being crucified in the name of political expediency. Car 1, in my opinion, tends to be inconsistent in how he deals out punishment. Some people get a pass, others do not. From what I’ve seen he generally uses that discretion in the same way I would. I.e. he will go to bat for genuinely good members, less so for turds Andrew troublemakers. I think that’s a double edged sword personally.

In the end, knowing what I know now, I would come here. I think we are still the best option in the county presently, when you objectively look at the other agencies around. I’m hot and cold on car 1. I’m sure he is privy to more information than I am that may explain my misgivings on policy. But overall he is good to the troops in my experience. Most of my gripes are with the people he puts in charge elsewhere in he agency.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12