RDOs - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RDOs

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Keep working that meesly 40hrs a week..that should be a nice fat pension......ull be back broke in no time...
    They don't get it, it's like talking to a tree. They shortchanged themselves of so much cash.

Unregistered
    OMG......who is the idiot that thinks the 8 hour work day is good. Obviously you're about to retire and can't do the math. I work 7 out of 14 days instead of 10 out of every 14, my 2 year old can figure that one out. I do believe the courthouse is on 5 / 8's feel free to transfer there if working 12's are too much for you. All of the old timers b!tch and complain about it's not like it use to be, I want to work more days each and every year so I don't have to go home and deal with my family. If you don't like it....leave! Isn't that the famous line the old timers liked to tell the new guys every time the 12 hr shift got voted down?

Unregistered
    Seriously! We as an agency can't fill the 80 or more open positions now with the 12 hour shifts, which are less labor intensive than having three 8 hour shifts. We as an agency can never go back to the 8 hour shifts.

Unregistered
    Shouldn't the union facilitate a vote on the shifts??? Since there was a change why wasn't this looked at?

Unregistered
    Shouldn't the union facilitate a vote on the shifts??? Since there was a change why wasn't this looked at?
    Heard about a month ago the admin isn't happy with 12s. Many guys are working details after shift and not alert as needed. This is a national concern with 12hr shifts and a huge liability also

Unregistered
    Heard about a month ago the admin isn't happy with 12s. Many guys are working details after shift and not alert as needed. This is a national concern with 12hr shifts and a huge liability also
    How many guys do you work with that are detail whores?? They are great 10-94's NOT...when they come to work their assigned 12 hour shift they sleep half the night.

Unregistered
    The administration are fine with the 12's. This conversation just came up with someone on the 5th floor in the know. The 12's are what is best for the agency with the manpower we have and are predicted to have. The 8's and 10's across the board are to labor intensive and we cannot staff them. We can't staff what we have. If those who are detail whores can't handle it, maybe they shouldn't work details after their shift. Instead work them on their days off. The problem is the detail whores want something for free. They want to get paid for just showing up, kinda like most of them do during shift. Find a nice tree to hide under and take a nap. I saw it when we worked the 8's nothing has changed. They won't change! Also, if you think our agency is short staffed now, go back to the 8's, nobody will want to come here. Hey new guy come work for us you can work 5 days a week and have Tuesday and Wednesday off for the next 15 years unless you work Pompano. Great sell!

Unregistered
    The administration are fine with the 12's. This conversation just came up with someone on the 5th floor in the know. The 12's are what is best for the agency with the manpower we have and are predicted to have. The 8's and 10's across the board are to labor intensive and we cannot staff them. We can't staff what we have. If those who are detail whores can't handle it, maybe they shouldn't work details after their shift. Instead work them on their days off. The problem is the detail whores want something for free. They want to get paid for just showing up, kinda like most of them do during shift. Find a nice tree to hide under and take a nap. I saw it when we worked the 8's nothing has changed. They won't change! Also, if you think our agency is short staffed now, go back to the 8's, nobody will want to come here. Hey new guy come work for us you can work 5 days a week and have Tuesday and Wednesday off for the next 15 years unless you work Pompano. Great sell!
    This is exactly how the people who voted for the 12 hour work day sold everyone out. If we still worked an 8 hour shift people would make tons of cash. I tried to explain it to the non financially savvy idiots at the time, but they did not believe me. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Most cops aren't known to be scholars.

Unregistered
    This is exactly how the people who voted for the 12 hour work day sold everyone out. If we still worked an 8 hour shift people would make tons of cash. I tried to explain it to the non financially savvy idiots at the time, but they did not believe me. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Most cops aren't known to be scholars.
    You say we sold everybody out? The last time I checked the vote needed a majority to pass, which it did, so apparently we didn't sell everybody out as you claim, your side lost. Don't be a poor loser. Only the OLD TIMERS wanted to keep the 8's with their cake Saturdays and Sundays off. Again, if you want the 8's so bad transfer to a district that works 8's, we still have a couple. Then you can work all the details you want.

Unregistered
    What a load of crap. I know multiple guys that will make over 200k this year while working 12 hour shifts. The money is there to be made.

With 12's you have more RDO's to fill up with details if you choose to do so. All you're arguing is personal preference.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast