RDOs
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RDOs

Unregistered

RDOs

Make sure y'all are enjoying your days off. Don't work 24/7. If your not having fun, it's a waste of time. There is more to this life then the job!

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Make sure y'all are enjoying your days off. Don't work 24/7. If your not having fun, it's a waste of time. There is more to this life then the job!

But I'm a rookie and I like my 12 hr shifts going to detail after my shift, getting 3 hrs sleep and the returning back to work refreshed. Its all worth it since I have an extra day off.......... You Goofs

Unregistered
    But I'm a rookie and I like my 12 hr shifts going to detail after my shift, getting 3 hrs sleep and the returning back to work refreshed. Its all worth it since I have an extra day off.......... You Goofs
    8 hour shifts: 8 days off per month / 96 off per year (269 working)
    12 hour shifts: 14 days off per month / 168 off per year (197 working)

72 more days off per year

Every day you work you have to consider prep time and travel time. Effectively, the more days you work, the less time you have with your family due to prep/travel. If you spend a conservative 30 minutes of prep per day and 30 minutes total travel (there and back) then you lose 3 days of your life per year getting ready and travelling to/from work. Obviously as your travel time increases then the time you lose per year increases dramatically.

Who is the goof? The person that still can't get over losing Saturday/Sunday off or the guys spending more time with their loved ones?

Unregistered

Every day you work you have to consider prep time and travel time. Effectively, the more days you work, the less time you have with your family due to prep/travel. If you spend a conservative 30 minutes of prep per day and 30 minutes total travel (there and back) then you lose 3 days of your life per year getting ready and travelling to/from work. Obviously as your travel time increases then the time you lose per year increases dramatically.

Who is the goof? The person that still can't get over losing Saturday/Sunday off or the guys spending more time with their loved ones?
    More time? That's hilarious. Your spent every day at work. You get up 4-5 start at 6 get off a 6 drive home crash out. That's not quality time GOOF..... Then on your so called days off your working details. Don't worry. I will show your lady around the gym on your long 14hr days......

Unregistered
    Both average 40 hours a week, right? lol.

Unregistered
    Both average 40 hours a week, right? lol.
    So why don't you work every day for 5.7 hours?

Unregistered
    More time? That's hilarious. Your spent every day at work. You get up 4-5 start at 6 get off a 6 drive home crash out. That's not quality time GOOF..... Then on your so called days off your working details. Don't worry. I will show your lady around the gym on your long 14hr days......
    I'm pretty sure you're just hollering at the clouds at this point.

Unregistered

One week you work more than 40 hours and you're not compensated for overtime. It wasn't until the 12 hour shifts were implemented that this started. Prior to that, any hours worked in excess of 40 in a week were compensated at time and a half.

Unregistered
    One week you work more than 40 hours and you're not compensated for overtime. It wasn't until the 12 hour shifts were implemented that this started. Prior to that, any hours worked in excess of 40 in a week were compensated at time and a half.
    ...and one week you work less than 40 hours.

Unregistered

40 hrs week

Keep working that meesly 40hrs a week..that should be a nice fat pension......ull be back broke in no time...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast