Insight on MDPD

Thread: Insight on MDPD

Unregistered

Insight on MDPD

Hey guys,

I'm a local LEO is south Florida with a bit over 2 years of experience. I'm thinking of leaving my current department because we are being micromanaged left and right by the supervisors and our call volume is very slow even though we are a fairly large city. We have good benefits here but I want to do real police work.

I know every agency has their fair shares issues but I'm looking for some insight on MDPD.

Unregistered
    If you're looking to do real police work, look somewhere else. Our lack of leadership has us running away from any possible "real police work". If you want to paint houses, hug a thug, you found the right department.

Unregistered
    There's no 'real' police work to be done anymore. The politicians and public don't support us so neither does the brass. Just handle your calls and be safe.

Unregistered
    Real police where? We don't even have tickets 4 gods sake
    Save yaself

Unregistered
    If you come to work here be prepared. We do not have a chief or director. We have a ragged toothed mayor who makes all the decisions for this department. The mayor does not like us because we arrested his cocaine addict son a while ago and the son's wife has dated a few of us while married to the addict. His other son is a lobbyist who steals with both of hands and his friends are great corruptors with a key to our tax coffers. Try BSO oe West Palm, there is nothing to see here.

Unregistered
    Try Polk County Sheriff. At least he stands by his deputies... and tells the media how it is. He has the Trump attitude. Not the puppet we have here who is only a tough talker at academy speeches.

Unregistered
    Other counties have a sheriff that stands tall, we have neither.

Unregistered
    Yeah I heard BSO has better benefits and you get a take home right away rather than wait a few years, but I know MDPD has more specialized units. Specifically the RID unit which interests me a lot.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Other counties have a sheriff that stands tall, we have neither.
    When foolish Frank Artilles proposed resurrecting Dade County’s elected Sheriff’s Office, the Miami Herald using its minion Fred Grimm penned an article ardently opposing it. Citing the corruption that plagued Dade County in the mid-1950 and early 1960s, Grimm predicted electors would not vote to go back to the old corrupt ways. Grimm purposely omits the fact that since the Dade County appointed police director became the model, public corruption has never ceased infecting Dade County. The Miami Herald archives are replete with stories documenting public corruption cases involving appointed city managers, police, political and judicial players.

What Grimm and his employer refuse to accept, is that today Dade County has a more informed news consumers, folks who read, peruse other news sources for the facts; not the prescribe template narrative the Miami Herald constantly tries to feed and consequently more informed voters. Today there is police oversight redundancies in the form of FDLE, SAO, FBI, DOJ, US Attorney's Office and the elected sheriff’s own internal investigative mechanisms. Moreover, candidates who will aspire to the elected Sheriff’s Office would be individuals with extensive, distinguished careers in law enforcement and law. Highly unlikely that such individuals would soiled their names for financial gains. Then again, human nature being what it often is, the more informed voters would just recall the incumbent; just like they did Carlos Alvarez when the man failed to serve voters’ most urgent concerns and sided with the special interests.

Sadly, this is all an exercise in futility, no one wants to champion the elected Sheriff’s initiative. The elected and appointed classes are all too happy to have a subservient “sock puppet” serving as police director. The PBA’s “grand pubahs” are apathetic so long as they continue to get elected and reelected to their dawdler, but lucrative posts.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e48012170.html