Elite or Not Elite - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Chief, that's already happening. FHP is now #48 (out of 49 states) for low pay. Hawaii is excluded because they don't have a state patrol.
    Loser, why are you here? Are you to sorry and useless to leave, and all you can do is bit*h and moan?

Unregistered
    Chief, that's already happening. FHP is now #48 (out of 49 states) for low pay. Hawaii is excluded because they don't have a state patrol.
    I thought that we were 49th. Who is lower paid than us?

Unregistered
    I thought that we were 49th. Who is lower paid than us?
    Puerto Rico Estado Policia....oh nevermind, they get paid more

Baxter
    I believe the lowest would still be Mississippi, but they are not that much lower.
    Last I heard they start at a little over $33K, and we did get that raise (maybe)

Unregistered
    Mississippi Higgway Patrol starts at 41,000 upon graduation from academy. Cost of living in Mississippi is nominal too. Florida is the 4th most populated state. Time to pay accordingly.

Baxter
    Thank you for the correction. It has been a while since I had the current info.
    I was aware (at the time) that their turnover wasn't anything like ours. And we
    can't count Hawaii, but if we did they are some working poor too.

Unregistered
    Cost of living in Florida is not even on the same chart as anywhere in Mississippi

Baxter
    No, almost opposites. Florida is becoming something similar to one of those islands that the cruise lines own where the natives work to serve rich golfers and there is no middle class. The money comes from outside of the state for the most part and there is no industry, just services and crime. And of course: "We pay you in sunshine! You are lucky you have a job!"

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    No, almost opposites. Florida is becoming something similar to one of those islands that the cruise lines own where the natives work to serve rich golfers and there is no middle class. The money comes from outside of the state for the most part and there is no industry, just services and crime. And of course: "We pay you in sunshine! You are lucky you have a job!"
    Very true! The only difference is that the natives earn better wages than FHP, they get fed, free drinks, and get awesome tips. We get chargers with 100k miles.

Unregistered
    Very true! The only difference is that the natives earn better wages than FHP, they get fed, free drinks, and get awesome tips. We get chargers with 100k miles.
    You children make me laugh.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast