Director doesn't back you - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who, what, where?
    Simple, I'll explain. So, one of the most important locations in the county. One of the most targeted locations for terrorist attacks and home grown lone wolf attacks. Having said that, from what I heard, listen to what went down. A crazed maniac plows down the security gate and enters the area where the planes park. He made his way to an electrical room and attempts to enter the passenger area armed with a knife. You have to ask yourself, "What exactly are his intentions." Question#1. Apparently, he was located by the Incident Team, I didn't even know they existed, but thank god they were there. The subject had climbed up in the ceiling trying to get to the passengers. They challenged him and he apparently dropped the knife, however when he jumped down he kicked an officer and disarmed him (this according to the herald). The officers name is in there, I don't remember it. As he was disarming the officer a sergeant, some guy named Burt (not sure if it's that maverick guy), shot the subject. Here's the hilarious part, actually not so funny, someone of importance. I was going to say stature but that would have been a lie, only main concern was, "Was he wearing his camera." That's it! Wow!!!
    So because he wasn't wearing it, he's ROD and transferred. The other guy is some poor ******* canine sergeant who just happen to be there doing police work (dumb move). F police work!
    "A 3-15 went out; 1 - Do you go get your camera at the station and run the risk of letting a fellow officer get killed?Question #2
    Or, do you just not go so you don't get in trouble, since you don't have your camera, and possibly allow a fellow officer to get killed? Question #3
    I know what I'm doing. Do you?

Unregistered
    Whoever has JP's ear needs to speak to him before that idiot gets someone killed. The sad thing is if someone does get killed we'll never know if hesitation caused by these senseless ROD's played a factor or not. One thing is for sure, the hypocritical director will be crying his eyes out while giving a passionate speech about officer safety. He seems to love those opportunities.

Unregistered
    Whoever has JP's ear needs to speak to him before that idiot gets someone killed. The sad thing is if someone does get killed we'll never know if hesitation caused by these senseless ROD's played a factor or not. One thing is for sure, the hypocritical director will be crying his eyes out while giving a passionate speech about officer safety. He seems to love those opportunities.
    That right there is the biggest problem. The people who have his ear are playing him like a fiddle. Since he's never done a lick of REAL police work, CST Sergeant in MIDWEST does not constitute police work, since he's never done any real work, he confides in his minions and does so blindly. I know you reads this, your ego won't allow you not to, listen closely! Those SOB's that you take advise from or worst opinions from WOULD LOVE NOTHING BETTER THAN TO SEE YOU FAIL MORE THAN YOU ALREADY HAVE. Your failure means opportunity for them. But at the end of the day, it's YOU who makes all the decisions on everything that goes on in this department. I'm not going to slander you or disrespect you, I'm simply going to ask you a question, "How do you sleep at night knowing than someone out there, a cop or even a citizen, may lose there life because one of your officers hesitated because he was fumbling with his/her camera?" How will you look at your wife and kids in the face knowing that one of your officers is going to be buried because of his/her hesitation? Have you no morals? Does your desire to continue to be "The Director" the morals, the dignity, the respect and the sense of honor that your parents raised you with? Does your father know the type of man that you've turned out to be? Does your father and mother know what you are doing to the people that you've been given the "honor" of leading? Do they?

I hope not, that would tear them apart.

Unregistered
    That right there is the biggest problem. The people who have his ear are playing him like a fiddle. Since he's never done a lick of REAL police work, CST Sergeant in MIDWEST does not constitute police work, since he's never done any real work, he confides in his minions and does so blindly. I know you reads this, your ego won't allow you not to, listen closely! Those SOB's that you take advise from or worst opinions from WOULD LOVE NOTHING BETTER THAN TO SEE YOU FAIL MORE THAN YOU ALREADY HAVE. Your failure means opportunity for them. But at the end of the day, it's YOU who makes all the decisions on everything that goes on in this department. I'm not going to slander you or disrespect you, I'm simply going to ask you a question, "How do you sleep at night knowing than someone out there, a cop or even a citizen, may lose there life because one of your officers hesitated because he was fumbling with his/her camera?" How will you look at your wife and kids in the face knowing that one of your officers is going to be buried because of his/her hesitation? Have you no morals? Does your desire to continue to be "The Director" the morals, the dignity, the respect and the sense of honor that your parents raised you with? Does your father know the type of man that you've turned out to be? Does your father and mother know what you are doing to the people that you've been given the "honor" of leading? Do they?

I hope not, that would tear them apart.
    What he said☝🏻

Unregistered
    Director Juan Perez, as you may know, on any given day and at any given moment, police officers under your command will encounter a situation, or respond to a call that will demand immediate action on their part to save their lives or citizens'. Nowhere is the phrase “exigent circumstances” more applicable than in such life or death situations officers frequently encounter. Doubtless the bodily attached cameras are policing tools whose time have arrived and will be with the vocation in ever more advanced and miniaturized permutations; perhaps voice activated, thus obviating the need for manual activation. That, however, may be fiscal years away. What does not change, is the fact that as we type this tread, an MDPD officer may be now confronting a life or death situation. Will he or she have his or her mind on manually activating the Body Camera and hoping it is working or on protecting his or her life? Each situation is replete with its own myriad set of facts that must be managerially evaluated; not from the comfort and safety of your office, but by figuratively placing yourself in the involved officer’s shoes and actually visualizing the threat before you. This is the gist of Graham v.*Connor, 490 U.S. 386 (1989).

The burden of command is onerous, but it is a privilege many wish they could assume; so lead wisely and not moved by political pressures, but by the facts and exigent circumstances of each case.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/e/ex...circumstances/

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/490/386/

(c) The Fourth Amendment "reasonableness" inquiry is whether the officers' actions are "objectively reasonable" in light of the facts and circumstances confronting them, without regard to their underlying intent or motivation. The "reasonableness" of a particular use of force must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, and its calculus must embody an allowance for the fact that police officers are often forced to make split-second decisions about the amount of force necessary in a particular situation.*

Unregistered
    Clearly JP is endangering lives with this crap, but he doesn't care or he lacks the sufficient brainpower to understand the ramifications of his decisions. When an officer gets hurt because of this, and unfortunately it's just a matter of time before it happens, it's going to be on him.

Unregistered
    this guy is a joke for real all about himself

Unregistered
    In his latest episode of cowardness, JP begins to mess with the District Crime Suppression Teams. I guess this is his way of taking his frustration out, after the worst alpha/bravo deployment ever.

Unregistered
    Clearly JP is endangering lives with this crap, but he doesn't care or he lacks the sufficient brainpower to understand the ramifications of his decisions. When an officer gets hurt because of this, and unfortunately it's just a matter of time before it happens, it's going to be on him.
    Did you not see how he and all the command staff cared about us after the hurricane? Sending units out at 7pm in total darkness to handle calls! Or having units leave their homes at 3 am to handle calls after the hurricane! They placed every officer minus command staff in danger!!!

Unregistered
    The very very sad thing these days is that cops are not concentrating on doing their jobs, sad thing is they are spending every working moment trying to "keep" their jobs.

We have lost our direction, our focus, our identity. It will be years to undue the damage that has been done, just understand that and move forward. Be safe and don't cut corners. For too many years we worked short, we did what had to be done during our shifts, because of our work ethics and our duty to serve. We did this knowing that someone up there, our bosses had our backs, this no longer is the way it is. YOU, WE, ARE ALONE.

Society doesn't like or trust us, our local government doesn't like or want us and our own COMMAND STAFF thinks we are all scammers.

DEAL WITH IT, DONT BE STUPID

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast