Unregistered

Question Sgt. Promotions

What are the requirements for Sgt?
    How often do they offer the test?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are the requirements for Sgt?
    How often do they offer the test?
    The fact is, it's not WHAT you know, but WHO you know and WHO you blow.... those are the requirements.

Unregistered
    The fact is, it's not WHAT you know, but WHO you know and WHO you blow.... those are the requirements.
    ...says the disgruntled loser who keeps getting passed over. The real fact is, work hard and be the best at whatever you're doing....that alone will make the right people know you and like you, which will eventually lead to promotion.

Unregistered
    Holy shit what kind of crack have you been smoking? I never post on this website but when I saw the hard work = promotion post I had to chime in. First off, to the original poster you need 4 years of service with the agency to test. From there, usually the cutoff is roughly the top 50% from the written attend the oral interview. From there, it is not a ranked list. So hard work in this agency means absolutely nothing at all. You can be last on the list but still picked if you play golf with Haberman, donate heavily, or are in the swat clique. Furthermore, you can jump multiple ranks if you have 2 or 3 out of the 3 that I just mentioned. The only people who are selected are in the good ole boy club, PERIOD. And that's even more true for Lieutenant and above. And finally, no, I'm not Chitwood and yes I've busted my ass for the agency. With that said, there is nothing that I did workwise that was worth it and I wish I figured it out many years ago.

Unregistered
    Busting your ass there only gets you transferred to a shit spot.

Unregistered
    Holy shit what kind of crack have you been smoking? I never post on this website but when I saw the hard work = promotion post I had to chime in. First off, to the original poster you need 4 years of service with the agency to test. From there, usually the cutoff is roughly the top 50% from the written attend the oral interview. From there, it is not a ranked list. So hard work in this agency means absolutely nothing at all. You can be last on the list but still picked if you play golf with Haberman, donate heavily, or are in the swat clique. Furthermore, you can jump multiple ranks if you have 2 or 3 out of the 3 that I just mentioned. The only people who are selected are in the good ole boy club, PERIOD. And that's even more true for Lieutenant and above. And finally, no, I'm not Chitwood and yes I've busted my ass for the agency. With that said, there is nothing that I did workwise that was worth it and I wish I figured it out many years ago.
    "I never posted on this site before", and I just happen to see this posting, you lying little troll, we all know who you are,
    watch your mouth, to the original poster, just do your job and work hard and you will get notice, as in any business there
    will be promotions that no one likes or seems unfair, go somewhere else its the same, what you get on here are the trolls and
    little crybabies who didn't get something, so they come on here and cry little babies, instead of just doing their jobs. cause
    they cant look at themselves in a mirror and admit they are the problem, good luck

Unregistered
    Busting your ass there only gets you transferred to a shit spot.
    yeah keep telling yourself that MC, what ever gets through the night