Tampa vs USFPD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tampa vs USFPD

Unregistered

Tampa vs USFPD

Ok tampa, I have a question for the best agency in the Bay Area. I rode with a Tampa night shift patrol unit about two weeks ago and was not at all impressed. Tampa officers were very lethargic and did not seem at all enthused about taking calls or being proactive within the community. All in all the whole night was boring and counter productive. Rewind, a week prior to my ride with tampa I rode with USFPD, an agency that I never knew existed. I had a blast. We took several calls without any hesitation. The calls at USFPD ranged from burglary alarms to violent robbery calls. I had a great time during my shift with this agency. Despite the minimal lower pay, I could see this as a place that I would stay interested in the criminal justice field. Oh, and not to forget, these officers were extremely aggressive towards crime at usf and around the outskirts of the community. I only wish that USFPD had current openings. Sorry tampa, I will be withdrawing my application from your department.

Unregistered
    Good luck in your future endeavors. Tampa isn't for everyone.

Unregistered
    I guess dealing with drunk students is considered real police work these days.

Nobody here

Question

First line of your tirade stated you had a question. Still waiting to see what the question was, as you did not ask one. How will this agency move forward without you? Good riddance, we will not blink an eye.

Unregistered
    Withdrawing your app because there is an agency you had fun at (as a spectator) that doesn't have any openings. K. Good luck at life, kid.

Unregistered
    You are totally right. You should go to work at USFPD. Tampa sucks...the pay sucks....the pensions sucks....... USFPD is the place to be.

Unregistered
    USFPD takes rejects that can't get into TPD

Unregistered
    Come on guys....think about it...............

this guy is so right....we (TPD) are not good enough for him. He really should go to USFPD. They are the most elite department in Tampa. WE at TPD only dream of working there. That is why so many leave here (before they earn a pension) and go work there. I dream of the day I can work there.

To the original poster...... go to USFPD hands down. There you will be a member of the most elite agency around.

Unregistered
    USFPD. Most progressive security officers in the county. Sounds like it was written by a USF guy. Moron.

Unregistered
    Food for thought kid, when you get out of FTO your not going to be ridding 2 man. You can work as hard as you want. Every agency has people that work there ass off every night and every agency has slugs, including USF. If your basing your decision on a one time ride along your a fool. At USF you will have to work 10 years longer for a pension and they pay does not any compare. TPD police work is going to be very different than a college campus officer. Based on your post I think you have some growing up to do. You seem to be very naive and the streets of Tampa would probably eat you for lunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast