New Cheif and What we Need
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

New Cheif and What we Need

First of all no offense to anyone out there that is set to apply. I hope that the City Manager does not consider any staff members from local Sheriff Agencies. That itself will do nothing but further the problems here. The last thing we need is some political appointee from a close by agency, that is plagued with their own problems, bringing those problems here. If you think that some local guy isn't buddy buddy with the current staff you are sadly mistaken hiring a guy like that will do nothing to correct the problem. Sorry, but if you work with 50 miles of the city we don't need you or your problems. It will be easy for locals to pick you apart and blast you on this site. We don't need that anymore, so please think of us and don't put us through that. So think about that prior to dropping your app here. Do you really want to put your family through that? Everyone has skeletons that are left hidden and not brought to the NPPD. Think of your family. We need an outsider.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First of all no offense to anyone out there that is set to apply. I hope that the City Manager does not consider any staff members from local Sheriff Agencies. That itself will do nothing but further the problems here. The last thing we need is some political appointee from a close by agency, that is plagued with their own problems, bringing those problems here. If you think that some local guy isn't buddy buddy with the current staff you are sadly mistaken hiring a guy like that will do nothing to correct the problem. Sorry, but if you work with 50 miles of the city we don't need you or your problems. It will be easy for locals to pick you apart and blast you on this site. We don't need that anymore, so please think of us and don't put us through that. So think about that prior to dropping your app here. Do you really want to put your family through that? Everyone has skeletons that are left hidden and not brought to the NPPD. Think of your family. We need an outsider.
    it is commonly known by law enforcement professionals that agencies from manatee county south, are as they say, incestuous, in that they all operate the same way, in the same manner and operate from within, meaning they hire from within these geographical boundaries or promote from within the troubled department., nothing sums this up better than all he new commanders and the asst chief there hire falls directly into this theory and how is that working out for us. The Punta Gorda city manager has that knowledge and wants to break the mold as they say, he openly states he will not hire a chief from within and is seeking an outsider to lead his agency, but it remains to be seen if he hires from outside the infested cone. Ft Myers hired from out of state. So Mr lear and the commissioners do you break the mold or continue the incestuous tradition ????We are watching.....

Unregistered
    it is commonly known by law enforcement professionals that agencies from manatee county south, are as they say, incestuous, in that they all operate the same way, in the same manner and operate from within, meaning they hire from within these geographical boundaries or promote from within the troubled department., nothing sums this up better than all he new commanders and the asst chief there hire falls directly into this theory and how is that working out for us. The Punta Gorda city manager has that knowledge and wants to break the mold as they say, he openly states he will not hire a chief from within and is seeking an outsider to lead his agency, but it remains to be seen if he hires from outside the infested cone. Ft Myers hired from out of state. So Mr lear and the commissioners do you break the mold or continue the incestuous tradition ????We are watching.....
    Yes we are. KV and CM will fly this place straight into the ground. It is coming faster and faster. Who else is leaving? As far as Manatee south. We have a commander and a sgt who left Bradenton because they suck but were promoted here. Way to go Tom Stella for promoting them.

Unregistered
    Take the time to ask anyone at SPD how the chief from an outside agency is working out. Or the former VPD chief for that matter. I would rather look at a persons track record and forget about geography. From what I hear MP is going to be in charge for a while. Good luck with that!

Unregistered
    Take the time to ask anyone at SPD how the chief from an outside agency is working out. Or the former VPD chief for that matter. I would rather look at a persons track record and forget about geography. From what I hear MP is going to be in charge for a while. Good luck with that!
    SPD and NPPD are interbred, vespias wife works there, Morales best bud is asst chief, share the same union unit in that the members of the NPPD are in the same bargaining unit as SPD with SPD running the show. This amongst other insignificant parities. MP, couldn't even lead a recruit class, we are doomed. If you look at the standards and professionalism of departments north of manatee and then look south, its pretty clear the difference, this is not saying all depts. are the same but look at Bradenton and there problems, manatee, Sarasota, SCSO, Venice, NPPD and so forth south. Unfortunately the track record goes hand n hand with the geography, good leaders don't last long in bad politically controlled depts. Does anyone really think one good leader is going to come in and change this place without complete commission backing...

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Yes I do.

I expect a new Chief to come in get to work focused on policing and not PRing and politicing. He or She will only need education, experience, integrity and the willingness to get it done the right way. The Commission only has hire and fire power over City Manager. The city charter is very restictive with interference by the political body with the day to day city management. The real power and responsibilitiy to run the city and the department lies with the City manager.

Unregistered
    There is so much water in the swales now, I thought I saw a meerkat who was riding on the back of a hippopotamus' back, as it floated by the pink castle to stop and do a public records request for CA's paperwork, as it colluded with city hall and then on it's way past an zoned commercial lot that coulda, shoulda, woulda been a gas station, but then got stuck in traffic on 41 as it continued to drift down to Punta Gorda to tell us all about that department's problems, even though we have a former one of theirs, MS who tells us too much about our own problems, and came back upset that it's public records request was not completed yet, so it decided to watch a special event on price Blvd, and then demand that WMS be annexed and the PD turned over to SCSO, not happy with this, it then fabricated a feud between two Sgts who have opposing views of things, still not happy, it says that the people who have left the agency recently do not know what is best for themselves and that KV ordered them voluntarily gone, and that the city manager does not know what he is doing and infers that bringing in a chief from a geographic area north of the mason dixon line and west of the Mississippi so they can institute a policy of wearing class a uniforms and saluting corporals and above will solve everything.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I expect a new Chief to come in get to work focused on policing and not PRing and politicing. He or She will only need education, experience, integrity and the willingness to get it done the right way. The Commission only has hire and fire power over City Manager. The city charter is very restictive with interference by the political body with the day to day city management. The real power and responsibilitiy to run the city and the department lies with the City manager.
    Reality, VC will have her say and hands in everything, restrictive or not !!!!!

Unregistered
    There is so much water in the swales now, I thought I saw a meerkat who was riding on the back of a hippopotamus' back, as it floated by the pink castle to stop and do a public records request for CA's paperwork, as it colluded with city hall and then on it's way past an zoned commercial lot that coulda, shoulda, woulda been a gas station, but then got stuck in traffic on 41 as it continued to drift down to Punta Gorda to tell us all about that department's problems, even though we have a former one of theirs, MS who tells us too much about our own problems, and came back upset that it's public records request was not completed yet, so it decided to watch a special event on price Blvd, and then demand that WMS be annexed and the PD turned over to SCSO, not happy with this, it then fabricated a feud between two Sgts who have opposing views of things, still not happy, it says that the people who have left the agency recently do not know what is best for themselves and that KV ordered them voluntarily gone, and that the city manager does not know what he is doing and infers that bringing in a chief from a geographic area north of the mason dixon line and west of the Mississippi so they can institute a policy of wearing class a uniforms and saluting corporals and above will solve everything.
    you really should put more aluminum foil around your head area, it keeps the gamma rays from entering your brain and confuses the aliens when they seek you out for anal probes. Part of the problem and not the solution.

Unregistered
    There is our next Chief. A 15-16 line run on sentence. Sounds like more of a Captain.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast