Lightbar - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightbar

Unregistered
    I'm definitely not an old timer, and I don't think "if you don't like it here then leave" answers all questions. I think it's healthy to vent your frustrations about the job, especially when you share grievances with many colleagues. It shows that there's room for improvement in a career you enjoy and plan on staying in. But when you complain about the equipment, the supervisors, your squad mates, doing traffic enforcement, your pay, other squads, specialty units, etc... leaves one to wonder... why are you here? Does seem like you need to leave.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Point of clarification. Funding for Salary and Benefits comes from one pot of money and funding for equipment comes from another pot of money. An agency cannot mix the two. The determination of how much is in each pot comes from different committees and leadership.

So, FHP Brass is not wasting salary funding on equipment. The state's budget is different that ours. It is much larger and spending is governed for what it is specifically appropriated.
    True. However they are given a TOTAL budget, in other words a combination of salary budget, equipment budget etc. So why can't they (they can) reduce one and increase the other when the next budget proposal comes around. The state allocates xxx money for FHP. How FHP budgets is the question.

Just spitballing...

Unregistered
    True. However they are given a TOTAL budget, in other words a combination of salary budget, equipment budget etc. So why can't they (they can) reduce one and increase the other when the next budget proposal comes around. The state allocates xxx money for FHP. How FHP budgets is the question.

Just spitballing...
    You might want to spitball elsewhere, like your toothbrush. It would make more sense than the bullshit you just wasted your effort on.

Unregistered
    I'm definitely not an old timer, and I don't think "if you don't like it here then leave" answers all questions. I think it's healthy to vent your frustrations about the job, especially when you share grievances with many colleagues. It shows that there's room for improvement in a career you enjoy and plan on staying in. But when you complain about the equipment, the supervisors, your squad mates, doing traffic enforcement, your pay, other squads, specialty units, etc... leaves one to wonder... why are you here? Does seem like you need to leave.
    Bruh, if you don't like FHP then leave. We don't want your negativity here. Lots of Troopers like their job ok?

Unregistered
    Bruh, if you don't like FHP then leave. We don't want your negativity here. Lots of Troopers like their job ok?
    Pretty sure he was not being negative... I'm also pretty sure he was questioning the troopers complaining, not the positive ones, bruh...

You're either the dumbest trooper or your sarcasm went over my head.

Unregistered
    Ok amigo! Guess it beats picking bananas huh?!

Unregistered
    I saw the new light bars in action today and they suck ass!!!! Def not the worth the price tag that some of y'all have mentioned in the post already. Why doesn't FHP just go back and buy those all-blue light bars that were on the old FDOT patrol cars?!? Those suckers were amazing, could be seen from miles down the road, and less than half the cost of the current lightbars? It's useless anyway seeing as how these new Chargers will sit in a parking lot with no one to drive them due to the trooper shortage.

Unregistered
    You might want to spitball elsewhere, like your toothbrush. It would make more sense than the bullshit you just wasted your effort on.
    Thanks for contributing.

Unregistered
    Ok amigo! Guess it beats picking bananas huh?!
    Ok amigo! Come by and mow my lawn! Or you are too lazy and incompetent to do that also?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123