New chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can only hope and pray that we go BSO.
    Why? Do you know anybody there? Have you spoken to anybody there? Be careful what you wish for.

Unregistered

Well, yes I do !

I do know people at BSO in fact I know a few high ranking officials and Deputies. The merge with BSO would be a lot better than what we have now, and that's been proven over and over. The City does not want us because we are the anchor around their neck when it comes to their budget. If the people of Hallandale Beach knew what was truly going on with "THEIR" police department they would get rid of all the monkeys on the commission including that half witted as whole CM we have. What a scam the commission pulled to get that guy in. He knows his shit but has no care about is. **** Hallandale. Lets go BSO.

PS If anyone from BSO sees this please inform the Sheriff we are slowly being slaughtered, we need this now.

Unregistered
    We need to go BSO asap. Before long, we'll be wearing pink uniforms and making more music videos on the hbpd Facebook page. Please expedite the negotiations CM.

Unregistered

Dear Anabelle Taub

As a police officer in Hallandale Beach I want cautiously want to thank you for openly saying that you've been lied to, and you're no longer drinking the kool aid. It took a little while but at least now you know. However my caution comes from the fact that you're still a politician. We realize you want to do good in our eyes and we thank you for it, but to be brutally honest 90% of this police department does not care anymore, it is a day late and a dollar short. There's nothing you or the Mayor can do because it will be 2 against 2 and were not waiting anymore we want out, so just let us ago. We can't afford to work here anymore. I wish you came around a few years ago. BTW, don't trust anything that comes out of Jeff Marano's mouth. He'll tell you what you want to hear, only because he doesn't want to loose another 90 dues paying members. To be very honest I think he's nothing more than a lobbyist who is out to fatten his own pockets at OUR expense. Thank you again for your efforts just let us separate from this with as much dignity as possible.
    P.S.....
    Let the City of Choice know, now it's OUR Choice.

Unregistered

Please don’t speak for me

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a police officer in Hallandale Beach I want cautiously want to thank you for openly saying that you've been lied to, and you're no longer drinking the kool aid. It took a little while but at least now you know. However my caution comes from the fact that you're still a politician. We realize you want to do good in our eyes and we thank you for it, but to be brutally honest 90% of this police department does not care anymore, it is a day late and a dollar short. There's nothing you or the Mayor can do because it will be 2 against 2 and were not waiting anymore we want out, so just let us ago. We can't afford to work here anymore. I wish you came around a few years ago. BTW, don't trust anything that comes out of Jeff Marano's mouth. He'll tell you what you want to hear, only because he doesn't want to loose another 90 dues paying members. To be very honest I think he's nothing more than a lobbyist who is out to fatten his own pockets at OUR expense. Thank you again for your efforts just let us separate from this with as much dignity as possible.
    P.S.....
    Let the City of Choice know, now it's OUR Choice.
    While I 100% agree with you on the PBA. Please do not attempt to sway anyone with made up numbers. Please make sure you differentiate between not caring and wanting to leave this department because having talked to ALOT of people there is no way 90% that want to leave. And how did you come up with that number? Going around and stating that says you have taken some sort of poll. We are beaten down as a group from the last chief and optimistically hoping that the new one can bring some form of change to this place. It’s not going to be perfect but it has to be better. I am no way think that going to BSO would be any serious difference between what we have now and what it could be. I for one have not been asked anything by our union outside of conversation, so if you have not asked every single member if they do or do not want to go to BSO please stop feeding into the commission craziness. This is part of the problem. If I am not mistaken one of the reasons we are in this mess is that a partial vote was taken about looking into a bid from BSO. Not a vote to go over. And the information has changed so many times about what would happen no one knows if everyone transfers over or not we are not FD in makes no sense that if someone say failed the polygraph during the hiring process with BSO they would easily take them now. Think about it it opens them up to an insane amount of liability. Please don’t give me that “I heard from someone who knows someone who makes cupcakes with the Sheriff”. We have zero true information, just a bunch of rumors.

Here is the only truth I do know our CM and half of the commission are proven liars again and again, everyone knows that to be fact. They are pulling the strings and making this happen and we are going along willingly? I can’t comprehend this at all. Commissioner Taub if your reading this a small loud majority does not speak for all and it would be a disservice if all 145 employee, because they are effected as much as you or I, did not have a vote on this issue prior to the commission deciding our fate for us.

Unregistered
    You are spreading as much rumor as the person you disagreed with. Go ask Pompano, Cooper City, Deerfield, Parkland...... and all the other merger cities what happened when they came over. The Broward Sheriff's Office did not make a single one of those employees complete an application or take another physiological test. If you are good enough to be a cop in Hallandale, you are good enough to be a Deputy. Only Palm Beach County has made people complete an application during a take over. If that is not comforting enough for you, just ask the original Lauderdale by the Sea cops what happened to them. Absolutely nothing and half of them had been fired from BSO and were just merged right back in. Nobody will lose their job by coming over to BSO.

Unregistered
    The only people who do not want this merger to happen are Jeff Marano and the PBA reps in Hallandale. After the merger, Marano will look like an even bigger fool for losing another agency and 100 member and the reps who will no longer be on the take. We merge, no longer pay for our pension, then retire as soon as we can and switch over to the FRS. We no longer have to pay thousands of dollars in healthcare before benefits kick in, get countywide jurisdiction, eligible to work all the details the Sheriff's Office has at a higher rate than ours........ This is a no brainer !!!!!

Dear

Out of Touch

Could you please stop your delusional and shallow thinking. There is nothing left for us here. Your problem, or anyone else's problem about going BSO is that you'll have to start working for a living. There are very few issues that will pertain to a very minute amount of officers. Yes some will have to wait till they're 60 to collect FRS. However these employees will already have employment when they reach their late 40's so they won't have to start looking for a job after they've done 20 years if they had stayed in Hallandale. There are so many positives and very few negatives. If we had to stay with the City of Hallandale taking care of our benefits, pensions and contractual issue's there will be a continued fight with uncertainty of what will they take next. The DROP is gone, PENSION will be even more ratified, simple pleasures such as uniform allowances, tuition reimbursement, and the occasional new car will be gone. And if you think the medical insurance will get any better, then you're out of touch with reality.

QUOTE=Unregistered;2812858]While I 100% agree with you on the PBA. Please do not attempt to sway anyone with made up numbers. Please make sure you differentiate between not caring and wanting to leave this department because having talked to ALOT of people there is no way 90% that want to leave. And how did you come up with that number? Going around and stating that says you have taken some sort of poll. We are beaten down as a group from the last chief and optimistically hoping that the new one can bring some form of change to this place. It’s not going to be perfect but it has to be better. I am no way think that going to BSO would be any serious difference between what we have now and what it could be. I for one have not been asked anything by our union outside of conversation, so if you have not asked every single member if they do or do not want to go to BSO please stop feeding into the commission craziness. This is part of the problem. If I am not mistaken one of the reasons we are in this mess is that a partial vote was taken about looking into a bid from BSO. Not a vote to go over. And the information has changed so many times about what would happen no one knows if everyone transfers over or not we are not FD in makes no sense that if someone say failed the polygraph during the hiring process with BSO they would easily take them now. Think about it it opens them up to an insane amount of liability. Please don’t give me that “I heard from someone who knows someone who makes cupcakes with the Sheriff”. We have zero true information, just a bunch of rumors.

Here is the only truth I do know our CM and half of the commission are proven liars again and again, everyone knows that to be fact. They are pulling the strings and making this happen and we are going along willingly? I can’t comprehend this at all. Commissioner Taub if your reading this a small loud majority does not speak for all and it would be a disservice if all 145 employee, because they are effected as much as you or I, did not have a vote on this issue prior to the commission deciding our fate for us.[/QUOTE]

Unregistered

It's a new day....

...and I still want to go BSO

Unregistered
    What do think now that everyone has been promoted and demoted and reassigned, so do think it was done for the betterment of rank and file, and agency or the administration? I agree and glad DF is gone. But look at the administration as it stands now. This is a perfect example of why this agency needed an outside chief. But then remember if the CM's original choices hadn't backed out S.Q. would never have been even considered chief. Anyway as some of you cheer and gloat over you new positions I pray it's short lived. Yes, it's a brand new day and a previous individual stated, " I too, are hoping for BSO."
    We know Mayor Cooper doesn't want BSO, along with Commissioner Taub because she feels that she has failed them. And Lazarow, London, and Carlton want to see the PD go for monetary reasons. I have only one concluding thought; Anabelle, and Joy please let us go.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast