Thread: New chief

Unregistered

New chief

So who's going to be our new chief?

Unregistered
    Sheriff Scott Israel

Unregistered

Gotta Love It

I can only hope and pray that we go BSO.

Unregistered
    Would merging with BSO guarantee employment?

Unregistered
    And how about civilian personnel ?

Unregistered
    if taub and lazarow support us as so many of u have said then why are we under threat of getting our benefits cut ??

Unregistered

Interest

Yeah there are people on here saying we need to go to BSO but why hasn't the PBA reps held a meeting to find out exactly what percentage of us are actually interested and what exactly has been said in their meetings with the CM and commissioners? And also address all the rumors floating around.

Unregistered
    The PBA hasn't addressed it because it is the absolute last thing they want. Correct me if I am wrong, but if we go BSO, we become members of IUPA, which only further benefits us. The PBA 100% does not want to lose our membership as they are on the verge of collapse. Pines has already voted to switch unions, dropping the PBA. They have us, Miramar, and Lighthouse point remaining (and maybe another small agency). I believe the majority of our membership agrees that in the past few years, our PBA has done absolutely nothing when we needed them most. Aside from siding with Admin time and time again instead of fighting for the dues paying members they are supposed to represent, what exactly have they done? We have a GO that, as it is worded, is a clear violation of Stand Your Ground. The PBA's response? They send a letter. Nothing changes and what do they do? Leave it be. An officer goes in to give a statement and he is told to take the hit, "we will get you your job back"... I think not. I don't know how much greener the grass is, but I can tell you from speaking with multiple deputies that they all rave about IUPA. Maybe we are too small of an agency to join IUPA but there is always FOP. Regardless, we all know how unpredictable our job is when we go 10-8....based on the PBA's actions or lack of action to stand by and fight for us these past few years is a clear indication that we as a collective need to band together, vote, and join either the FOP or IUPA. Contract negotiations are coming up, our city is going to hold our feet to the fire and take what they can in an effort to save money, and we need a strong union backing going into this fight. Most other major agencies have left the PBA for a reason, and it is high time we do the same. This is not some paranoid overthrow of government or some nonsense. Each of us pays dues for a reason and, as of late, our dues are going to an organization that cannot and will not due its job adequately when you need it the most. They can promise us the world, but on paper, that's all that we have gotten from them. Perhaps there was a time indeed when the PBA fought tooth and nail for its membership, but that quality of representation has all but faded. Keep an ear out. Other union bodies will be here to offer us their services sooner than later. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    We have two different factors when dealing with the PBA. The Broward PBA is not on our side, period. I agree with the privious post 100% that they do not have our best interest in mind.

The dept PBA reps are all vested. I don't know what their intentions are or what they can really do at this point. Prior Reps put these commissioners in office...we have to own that. What power do the Reps have now to change any of this other than say the majority do not want to go to BSO or DO want BSO?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Would merging with BSO guarantee employment?
    Absolutely, it'll be just like when we took over Cooper City. Swap out those blues for greens.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast