In Florida, FDLE does not define Probation as LEO - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No you are not. When FDLE and your certification say you are a LEO, then you are a LEO. Right now, you are a Certified Correctional Probation Officer. And that is it. Besides, your fat azz could not get through a LEO Academy.
    Oh please. Do you know who many fat ass male and female cops "got through" their academy? You act like its Navy Seal training. LOL. The only difference in their academy and ours is driving classes and a few more classroom requirements. So, please get off your knees and quit kissing up. I'm not impressed.

Unregistered
    I think the biggest difference is that their certificate and academy are for people who want to be LEO's. Your academy is for people who are certified Probation Officers. Stop trying to be something that you are not. Hell, over half of your work force does not carry firearms. You are closer to social worker.

Unregistered
    "Hell, over half of your work force does not carry firearms"

I said it before. That dynamic is going to change as the 80s-90s staff retire. The revolver is being phased out. Change is slow.
    This department is huge and no former Sec. has done anything for YEARS. One day, those that don't carry will be the
    minority. Bet on it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    "Hell, over half of your work force does not carry firearms"

I said it before. That dynamic is going to change as the 80s-90s staff retire. The revolver is being phased out. Change is slow.
    This department is huge and no former Sec. has done anything for YEARS. One day, those that don't carry will be the
    minority. Bet on it.
    Or unemployed. Its time to weed out the old relics who are chained to their desks and can't see their shoes.

Unregistered
    I would like to thank all the proud law enforcement officers of the florida department of corrections probation and parole. The way you guys responded as first responders during this terrible storm should be commended.

Unregistered
    If you really want to be defined as a LEO in Florida, go to the LEO Academy. Not the Probation and Parole Academy. You are not a certified LEO. You are trying to be something that you are not. In it self, that makes you pretty sad. FYI, the majority of you could not make it through the LEO Academy.

Unregistered
    Actually the truth is that most LEO's cannot make it through P&P academy (Need a 4 year degree). So most would not make it through the initial process. "Only 1 percent of police agencies require a four-year college degree" (This is directly from Baltimore PD). Only 22% of Police have any kind of degree. Almost all Parole Officer's (yes we do Parole too) in the US require 4 year or above. While I do agree with you on some things. Fact is that its much more difficult to work For P&P. I'm not saying we are better .... However, you argument is incorrect.

Unregistered
    I do not know of any real LEO department who sent most of their staff home during this storm? So where was most of your so called Probation staff? Stop trying to be something you are not. You are embarrassing yourself.

Unregistered
    Why is this person so disgruntled and pissed at probation officers? He needs to get a life and stop spending all his time on this forum!

Unregistered
    And you are embarassing yourself for constantly whining about probation! Lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast