In Florida, FDLE does not define Probation as LEO - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, are you going to put every officer who does not carry in the same category? And if you do, that will show us all how really stupid you really are here. And what is up with the skirt comment? Sounds like you are a male pig. You must be the same person who owns that blow up doll under your bed. And you still live at Mom's house. How proud all of your coworkers must be. Well, they are all laughing at you behind your back. To include all of us here. LOL
    Speaking of being a sexist pig, your comments about blow up dolls is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Unregistered
    Sorry, you are correct. The blow up doll deserves a companion that is much better than you. Now we are all starting to feel sorry for your blow up doll.

Unregistered

Sworn LEO

Just to clear this up...
    Probation officers are certified, not sworn LEO. We have Leo capabilities that sworn officers do not and vice versa. When I obtained my concealed FA card, probation is considered Leo.
    FDLE maintains our certifications.

Unregistered
    U R a social worker. Plan and simple.

Unregistered
    U R a social worker. Plan and simple.
    I think you mean plain and simple.

Unregistered
    Just to clear this up...
    Probation officers are certified, not sworn LEO. We have Leo capabilities that sworn officers do not and vice versa. When I obtained my concealed FA card, probation is considered Leo.
    FDLE maintains our certifications.
    And FDLE stands for Florida Department of LAW ENFORCEMENT! We are law enforcement. End of discussion, plain and simple!

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Where is your professional pride? Who cares about money?
    Pride doesn't pay the bills, boy. Let's see you survive on $30k.

Unregistered
    And you did not know the salary upon employment? And you took the job. How stupid could you be. Lets recap here. You came into a job with the knowledge of the pay. And now, you cry about it. What a dumb azz.

Unregistered
    And you did not know the salary upon employment? And you took the job. How stupid could you be. Lets recap here. You came into a job with the knowledge of the pay. And now, you cry about it. What a dumb azz.
    Another moron trying to justify working for poverty wages. Cry with me too bro.

Unregistered
    The percentage of probation officers carrying a firearm will go up as the older generation retires. Those non academy probation officers/supervisors from the 80s-90s will give way to the next generation of academy trained officers. Most of those older folks still think it's 1992 and haven't done field since Clinton was president,; if they did any to begin with. The revolver is being phased out. Soon, wearing your vest in the field will be mandatory. Might we see a probation officer "uniform?" You never know.

Changes come slowly for a big dinosaur like the FDC. You can't turn an aircraft carrier on a dime and most people in this department are not only hesitant to change, they are hostile to change, so everything takes even more time. The more we professionalize and look less like DCF the better. Our jobs will be more secure if we do.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast