RIP Retired MDPD Detective Juan Murias

Unregistered

RIP Retired MDPD Detective Juan Murias

Beloved friend and great retired Detective Juan Murias passed on earlier this day. For those of us who worked with him, we knew him as a tough cop with a strong sense of community and a desire to enforce the law in every assignment he was ever entrusted with. Along the way Juan worked at Homicide's SENTAC 26, CIB and the Airport District. He was loved and respected by everyone he worked with. Juan has left us way too early at the age of 62 but his friendship and the good times we shared will live with us forever. RIP brother. Funeral arrangements are still pending.

Unregistered
    RIP Juanito. I enjoyed working with you every step of the way. A true cop's cop... always backing his brother and keeping a good sense of humor about the grim job we are all tasked to endure.

Unregistered

A Decent Guy and very Good Cop - RIP

When I last saw Juan at the Retired Firearms Qualifications 2 years ago and spoke to Juan he showed me his incision, and I knew then he was seriously ill but he was a fighter and had a great attitude and outlook on life. It is with deep regret to hear of his passing. I did his BI when he came on the department and shortly after that was his first line supervisor in Central. He was always a conscientious and professional officer, but more than that a great person. If anyone has his funeral arrangements please post them. RIP Juan!!!

Unregistered

Rip

RIP you have earned it

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When I last saw Juan at the Retired Firearms Qualifications 2 years ago and spoke to Juan he showed me his incision, and I knew then he was seriously ill but he was a fighter and had a great attitude and outlook on life. It is with deep regret to hear of his passing. I did his BI when he came on the department and shortly after that was his first line supervisor in Central. He was always a conscientious and professional officer, but more than that a great person. If anyone has his funeral arrangements please post them. RIP Juan!!!
    Sadly, Juan was laid to rest today. Apologies for not having posted the arrangement details in time. Please rest assured Juan was loved by many judging by the large number of friends present at his funeral. His quick wit and toughness will live in our minds forever. He was a great cop and son. Rejoice in knowing you shared his life.

Unregistered

very sad to see this now

I stumbled upon this very sad news. I has not seen Juan in yrs but he was a dear friend of my parents. I would very much like to know respectfully how he passex so young if anyone can share so I may tell my parents. RIP Juan you were the best man.

Unregistered
    Rest In Peace. The good ones always go.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I stumbled upon this very sad news. I has not seen Juan in yrs but he was a dear friend of my parents. I would very much like to know respectfully how he passex so young if anyone can share so I may tell my parents. RIP Juan you were the best man.
    He had pancreatic cancer. Fought a good fight. Was a great guy

Unregistered
    Great guy to work with. I miss his sense of humor. Nothing but good times.

Miss you buddy. RIP Juan.