Reserves allowed to work alone offduties soon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Reserves allowed to work alone offduties soon

Per a certain retired big mouth, in the very near future the reserves will be allowed to work offduties jobs throughout the city without supervision. That person along with a soon to retire individual are working out the details so they can work movies, restaurants and construction site all alone. That very vocal individual made it very clear he has the backing from the administration and city hall.

Unregistered
    Why would a 25 yr veteran need supervision to work an off duty detail. Who is going to be the supervision, a 3 yr rookie.. lol.

Unregistered
    We see you Joel, your not going to get away with it

Unregistered
    What a bunch of broke loser I've been gone three years haven't touched any of my deferred comp, drop, or my one percent. Haven't worked a day since and dont plan too either. Hell I could live off the $75,000.00 plus a year I m making.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a bunch of broke loser I've been gone three years haven't touched any of my deferred comp, drop, or my one percent. Haven't worked a day since and dont plan too either. Hell I could live off the $75,000.00 plus a year I m making.
    Sorry that should have been $175,000.00. a year in interest. Missed the one.

Unregistered
    Are you delusional or what kind of mental illness you suffered from, who makes 175k at year in pension, plus read more close my slow friend the issue is the Reserve officers working off duties and taking the jobs from the active officers , not only is a liability for them in case something happens and they are not cover since they don't pay fop but to the city also, plus they are taking the right to work off duties to active personal which is a violation of the right to work. And let's not mention that they can't do a report or an arrest by them self so who will they call

Unregistered
    Funny! I can never find people to cover or work off duties. If we are taking jobs from people why do we have so many outside agencies working off duty in the city. Do you know how many apt buildings, condos, banks, supermarket, associations are looking for officers to work off duties.

Their enough for everyone!

Unregistered
    Joel and Roque we see you

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are you delusional or what kind of mental illness you suffered from, who makes 175k at year in pension, plus read more close my slow friend the issue is the Reserve officers working off duties and taking the jobs from the active officers , not only is a liability for them in case something happens and they are not cover since they don't pay fop but to the city also, plus they are taking the right to work off duties to active personal which is a violation of the right to work. And let's not mention that they can't do a report or an arrest by them self so who will they call

You must learn the law before opening your mouth, a reserve officer under Florida law has the same rights as an active duty officer when it comes to making arrests, writing summons etc. i don,t know who came up with this bs that you need a babysitter with you, which would be counter productive to having a reserve. The only difference between a reserve officer and an active officer is the pay, the health insurance, vacation, sick leave, and the union which we still pay and belong to. Some departments, unlike MPD have rank and a chain of command and make up to $20..00 an hour.

Unregistered
    You see from the above post. The ugly truth is starting to come out. It's called part time cops. That's what the reserves officers are trying to do. PART TIME. Yes. Read. I will never vote for any contract that involves part time and that the real secret issue here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast