What's so bad?!?

Unregistered

What's so bad?!?

Hey, folks.

I am interested in applying to PPPD, but have been reading bad reviews about it on this board. Besides pay, why are so many officers disgruntled and leaving? It seems this department has it made with the nice areas, 20-year retirement, and rotating 4/10s. Any information would be greatly appreciated before I waste my time applying. Thank you in advance!

Unregistered
    Some of the members are currently in a battle royale to fight off an 11% raise, an 8 year DROP and some other miscellaneous benefits being imposed upon them. It's totally horrible and not at all worth applying to. Apply elsewhere.

Unregistered
    I applied here around this time last year with LEO experience, after waiting around for months to get the process moving I applied to another agency in Palm Beach County and got picked up. I actually wanted to work for pines since I grew up in Miami and it being closer to family and the facial hair policy.

With a slow hiring process PPPD will lose applicants, hopefully you guys tighten it up and get a better contract.