A speeding ticket quota at Florida Highway Patrol? You decide - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Exactly!! Have seen the unmarks drive right by many times or call RCC and tell dispatch to send a trooper! How about the brass gold wearing guys lead by example??? How about the gold take a zone from time to time and see what it really is like? Wait they are way too smart for that! LEAD BY EXAMPLE! Wait, Tallahassee brass will just blame it on the troopers and the sergeants!
    You Snowflakes think that the brass "humping" a zone will improve your life. I have talked to a couple of Lt's and Captains that have been out working SOAR. They are having no problem finding two blues or more an hour. Careful what you wish for, they may find out just how truly sorry you actually are!

Unregistered

Omg

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper pooper View Post
    How is it that you have troopers getting d.u.I. arrests, dwls , traffic warrant arrests, troopers who are actually out there being visible by assisting disabled motorists in addition to humping crashes being harassed by their chain of command about not writing enough tickets? He was addressing SOAR but lets be completely honest EVERYTHING about FHP is all about contacts and quotas. FHP is NOT a real law enforcement agency. Its all about writing tickets to keep the agency afloat and to justify its existence in certain aspects. The real problem FHP has is that you have a quasi law enforcement agency being run like a business or better yet like a franchise, all of you Troopers be safe and watch Your backs out there on those x50s especially in places where you have limited x94 the patrol really doesnt care about you. If you are able to run to another agency and dont look back!
    If what you say above was only true. Too many troopers sitting at the house, resturant or gas stations goofing off. Average trooper writing 30 contacts a month. I agree with the above of it was true. Not too many of those workers left. Nothing wrong with goals when you are trying to get people to work harder. Quotas are illegal, but no ones been fired for not writing tickets. In FHP a quota is anything that insinuates a trooper must do his job. Unreal. The union president pushes these issues cause he doesn't want to be held accountable when he is goofing off, which is a lot. Who elected that idiot. I can't find anyone that has ever voted even though the by laws says they have to be elected. Time for change in PBA, or union. My zone partner screws off all shift and now feels untouchable. Can't count on her at all and the union protects that behavior. This place sucks, leaders can't lead and the workers dictate how much they are allowed to do. Amerika is great.

Unregistered
    You Snowflakes think that the brass "humping" a zone will improve your life. I have talked to a couple of Lt's and Captains that have been out working SOAR. They are having no problem finding two blues or more an hour. Careful what you wish for, they may find out just how truly sorry you actually are!
    They sure can find a lot of DAV's on SOAR but not not on regular duty! Unmarks are great!

Unregistered
    If what you say above was only true. Too many troopers sitting at the house, resturant or gas stations goofing off. Average trooper writing 30 contacts a month. I agree with the above of it was true. Not too many of those workers left. Nothing wrong with goals when you are trying to get people to work harder. Quotas are illegal, but no ones been fired for not writing tickets. In FHP a quota is anything that insinuates a trooper must do his job. Unreal. The union president pushes these issues cause he doesn't want to be held accountable when he is goofing off, which is a lot. Who elected that idiot. I can't find anyone that has ever voted even though the by laws says they have to be elected. Time for change in PBA, or union. My zone partner screws off all shift and now feels untouchable. Can't count on her at all and the union protects that behavior. This place sucks, leaders can't lead and the workers dictate how much they are allowed to do. Amerika is great.
    PBA has a rich tradition of protecting slugs while letting troopers in other zones pick up their slack. This is nothing new, but I wonder how the PBA leadership stays in office.

Unregistered
    PBA has a rich tradition of protecting slugs while letting troopers in other zones pick up their slack. This is nothing new, but I wonder how the PBA leadership stays in office.
    Because they are Slugs and all they care about is other slugs!

Unregistered
    Troop C and D put restrictions out recently too......so that should tell you its coming from Hildreth.
    Same with Troop H Tallahassee. There are strict rules on what roads and times you may work SOAR. If you don't have one stop every 30 min on your TSDR (O Hell). I have no problems with having to work but we are not making cookies where you can time the next batch. Traffic violations do not work that way. Why would you restrict the roads. We have state wide jurisdiction. The local Troopers know where the violation's are most common depending on the time of the day. FHP brass needs to get there head out of the sand. Activity is down state wide because of micro management not lazy Trooper's.

I swear you would think the Lt's, Captain's, and the brass above them are getting a kick back from the SOAR activity. Better hope you don't get a Felony arrest at the beginning of SOAR. Because if you don't have enough contacts or stops for the 4-5 hrs a Felony Seizure arrest would require then you will have them tracking your GPS and calling you on the carpet like you stole from the state.

?????? What if you patrol all of the roads you are allowed. Everyone is wearing their seat belts and obeying the law and you don't get a stop for an hour. Then what. Anyone who is working soar knows what comes next.

Can you explain to me why this hour has no activity? Don't think they won't even try to pressure you into eating that time like you stole it. Like you were sitting at home. If you are patrolling then you are working.

FHP has a quota................... Call it what you want but its still a quota per 1/2 hr, per hour. Whatever.....

I believe Gov Rick Scott told FHP brass to quit talking about numbers and tying pay to activity.

Stop the madness.
    There is a common trend between the statewide SOAR quota and Troop H.

Unregistered
    The memo help more than it hurt.
    The email and the 💩 storm confirmed a lot of truths about the Patrol that many of us already knew.

Unregistered
    Because they are Slugs and all they care about is other slugs!
    Now the even the Enforcement policy has changed to support sluggism. Thanks #1 and #2.

Unregistered
    Now the even the Enforcement policy has changed to support sluggism. Thanks #1 and #2.
    What do you expect from 1 and 2?
    Were circling the bowl.

Unregistered
    Hear, hear!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast