A speeding ticket quota at Florida Highway Patrol? You decide - Page 9
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    They pay just enough to have us answer calls and be a physical observed deterrent to criminals and bad drivers. People have been getting killed on the roadways for years now because we are under staffed, under paid, and burnt out from all the B.S.. Tallahasse has blood on there hands by not speaking out and letting the legislature know our sinking position. I am not writing any more tickets than are warranted. Instead of "If you don't like it then leave"... it has now become " if you don't like it, fire me!"

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They pay just enough to have us answer calls and be a physical observed deterrent to criminals and bad drivers. People have been getting killed on the roadways for years now because we are under staffed, under paid, and burnt out from all the B.S.. Tallahasse has blood on there hands by not speaking out and letting the legislature know our sinking position. I am not writing any more tickets than are warranted. Instead of "If you don't like it then leave"... it has now become " if you don't like it, fire me!"

There are only two rules in law enforcement:

1. People die.

2. Police can't change rule number 1.

The sooner you learn that the sooner you will understand the you will never stop people from dying.

Unregistered
    I worked ISLE in the 80's and it was 2 cits, per hour worked. I wrote 2 cits, per hour, collected my O/T money and went about my business. What's the big deal here? FHP's job is traffic and with the mentality of the motoring public today, traffic enforcement is like hunting over a baited field.
    Besides, 2 more tickets and my wife wins a toaster.
    I worked it as well and didn't have a problem with it then. The point is its a quota and getting an AVERAGE of two per hour is no longer acceptable in these times. If you worked from the hours of 2-4 you better have two tickets from 2-3 and two from 3-4 and so on if you want to continue to work.

Unregistered
    Soon SOAR will go away. I believe it will be removed from the budget. Then there will no longer be a problem with 2 per hour.

Unregistered
    I also think SOAR will be removed next year. Because of the negative publicity legislatures will tell the public they ceased the funding for it.

Unregistered
    SOAR has been a forced revenue scheme so the lowest paid troopers in the nation can feed their families. Two tickets per hour or no more SOAR for you has been quietly pushed down troopers throats for the same length of time. Heck, even when the LTC Thomas was of lower rank he demanded the same 2 per hour on SOAR. Why do you think he saw nothing wrong with the email.

I do like how he falsely stated to the media "no one has ever taken discretion away from a patrol officer." This goes against the FHP policy of no warnings during selective enforcement. Especially when GHQ pushes down a demand for more aircraft and speed details to be done each month.

Unregistered
    I also think SOAR will be removed next year. Because of the negative publicity legislatures will tell the public they ceased the funding for it.
    They'll probably "repeal and replace" it, as the POTUS likes to say. They'll gather stats on the highest volume of crashes based on one of day and allow for overtime during those hours. After all, response times are the hot topic nowadays. They will also require that you patrol the high volume crash areas, kinda like the hot spots, in case there are no calls holding. It'll be essentially the same thing as soar, but it'll be titled and made to look like a response driven program.

I'm not saying it's great or that it'll happen for sure. But i can see it.

Unregistered
    I agree, SOAR will be gone next year. Too much negative publicity on SOAR for the last several years. And now all the slugs has just been given a license not to write any activity. We are our own worst enemy.

You think there are going to give us a pay raise now?

The idiot who sent the memo to the media, thank you for the demise of SOAR!

Unregistered
    I agree, SOAR will be gone next year. Too much negative publicity on SOAR for the last several years. And now all the slugs has just been given a license not to write any activity. We are our own worst enemy.

You think there are going to give us a pay raise now?

The idiot who sent the memo to the media, thank you for the demise of SOAR!
    So let's blame the guy who notified the media for exposing a corrupt and illegal enforcement system. You are the reason why the brass bully every trooper and everyone is quitting. So what if they dont give us a raise, troopers will just go somewhere else. I haven't worked soar in years, ever since they started enforcing the 2 per hours and never took into account other things, like helping someone change a tire or help another trooper work a crash. If you didn't get your 2 an hour, you were intimidated. That's why I deliver pizza on my time off

Unregistered
    So let's blame the guy who notified the media for exposing an illegal enforcement system. You are the reason why the supervisors bully every trooper and everyone is quitting. So what if they dont give us a raise, troopers will just go somewhere else. I haven't worked soar in years, ever since they started enforcing the 2 per hours and never took into account other things, like helping someone change a tire or help another trooper work a crash. If you didn't get your 2 an hour, you were intimidated. That's why I deliver pizza on my time off

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast