Positive Changes

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Positive Changes

As found on NPCC, originally posted by VC:

City Directors Monthly Reports now available on City Website. (Thank you City Hall!)

http://www.cityofnorthport.com/gover...ts/-folder-488

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    As found on NPCC, originally posted by VC:

City Directors Monthly Reports now available on City Website. (Thank you City Hall!)

http://www.cityofnorthport.com/gover...ts/-folder-488
    propaganda, that's all it is, 5 openings, crime down double digits, why the need for a extra 1.3 million, seven more officers and a traffic unit, Of course this is the same man endorsing this report who claims to be a veteran and is working on his masters degree !!!!!!!!!! fiscal accountability would dictate with crime dropping double digits with five openings then the PD can do more with less.

Big step in the right direction

You are missing the point. In order to hold our government officials Accountable, we must have Transparency. With Transparency and Accountability, the people regain a balance of power and regain trust in government again. We are ALL served best by wide open government, both the staff and the citizens.

It allows us to see what is being lifted to City Hall by each Director. City Hall can't fix what City Hall is not aware of right? If we see 'propaganda and fairytales being floated," we have the ability to push back to City Hall and ask pertinent questions that can be responded to or acted upon. We also have at our fingertips the historical thread to further question inconsistencies and anomalies. (Why arent the open Commander positions or promotions included?) It allows us to appeal to th City Manager and request his consideration for additional reporting information be included each month. For example, I would like to see some specific detailed reports provided for PD, ie Sig2o calls, Use of Force reporting. From the CC office I would like to see status of Record Requests.. how many PRRs received, how many fulfilled, how many outstanding.

While i am typically focused on PD and City Clerk office, I spent some time going through all the Reports last night. It gives me a broader view of what each Department is up against. Some reports relate back to my specific areas of interest. For example, the City Attorney is providing her charged hours to a gamut of issues that also include PD. Now with that information, I may find hint of issues I was not aware of.

We asked for these changes with our drum pounding for Transparency and Accountability. City Hall has received the message and is dilligenty trying to make changes. We should recognize how big of a first step this truly is. I certainly appreciate the willingness and actions being taken.

Thank you City Hall!
    Last edited by Stephanie Gibson; 08-10-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: typos

On the Special Meeting agenda on Thursaday...

A very good sign things are moving along toward recruiting a Strong Ethical Professional Chief. One does not pay a consulting firm to recruit from the inside.. and THAT is Positive News! Thank you Mr Lear.

Professional Services Agreement between the City of North Port and the Florida Police Chiefs Education and Research Foundation to provide consulting and screening services for a qualified and experienced Police Chief in the amount of $17,500 plus travel expenses up to $1,000.

https://cityofnorthport.legistar.com...4-FE4997287D0E

If anyone has any questions and/or comments, please respond here and I will pass on to the Commissioners before the Thursday meeting.

179 days and counting down..

Unregistered
    A very good sign things are moving along toward recruiting a Strong Ethical Professional Chief. One does not pay a consulting firm to recruit from the inside.. and THAT is Positive News! Thank you Mr Lear.

Professional Services Agreement between the City of North Port and the Florida Police Chiefs Education and Research Foundation to provide consulting and screening services for a qualified and experienced Police Chief in the amount of $17,500 plus travel expenses up to $1,000.

https://cityofnorthport.legistar.com...4-FE4997287D0E

If anyone has any questions and/or comments, please respond here and I will pass on to the Commissioners before the Thursday meeting.

179 days and counting down..
    smokescreen, an organization KV and CM and company are part of, $17,500 of the taxpayers monies wasted. How about a simple ad on indeed, like they do to hire the patrolman and commanders, smell another rigged report here. The fla chief assoc will limit there search to Fla, indeed is nationwide......... Don't buy this BS at all another CPSM fraud

Special mtg.. Hiring New Chief

The Commission voted 4-1 to approve contract with head hunter to do a nationwide search and deliver 20 educated and qualified candidates to the City Manager for his ultimate decision. I do not know if the commission and or the public have input to the process. They are targeting Feb 1, 2018 as new chief start date. This will allow vespia to get the new chief up to speed.

I will share that Carusone was quite supportive and asked if he would reconsider his ill decision. He struggled a bit and finally said.. He has given his best years to the City and didn't want to give us his last year's.

Vanessa announced she supports Two Star 100%.

Unregistered
    The Commission voted 4-1 to approve contract with head hunter to do a nationwide search and deliver 20 educated and qualified candidates to the City Manager for his ultimate decision. I do not know if the commission and or the public have input to the process. They are targeting Feb 1, 2018 as new chief start date. This will allow vespia to get the new chief up to speed.

I will share that Carusone was quite supportive and asked if he would reconsider his ill decision. He struggled a bit and finally said.. He has given his best years to the City and didn't want to give us his last year's.

Vanessa announced she supports Two Star 100%.
    if DiFranco and Cook had a spawn it would be VC, she is going to turn out to be the worst commissioner this city has ever had. She is bull headed and does not want to hear anyone's opinion, VC agenda is the only agenda !!!!!!!! Sheis the Mayor next year, you aint seen nothing yet !!!!!!!!!