+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
 
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    We are law enforcement

    Adult Parole and Felony Probation

    The Florida Department of Corrections Office of Community Corrections monitors parolees and adult felony level probations in the community. There are 144 field office sites across the state.

    Quick Facts:
    Officers/agents have peace officer status.
    Officers/agents have arrest authority, limited to those individuals under their supervision.
    Officers/agents can voluntarily carry firearms.
    During the first year of employment, officers/agents are required to attend 640 hours of training classes.
    After the first year of employment, officers/agents are required to participate in a minimum of 40 hours of training plus firearms qualification per year.
    A bachelor’s degree is the entry-level education requirement for professional positions.

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    According to the states governing body, FDLE, we are not LEO's. Until they say otherwise, you are wrong. As they say on Dragnet, just the facts sir.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Spoke in the wheel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Adult Parole and Felony Probation

    The Florida Department of Corrections Office of Community Corrections monitors parolees and adult felony level probations in the community. There are 144 field office sites across the state.

    Quick Facts:
    Officers/agents have peace officer status.
    Officers/agents have arrest authority, limited to those individuals under their supervision.
    Officers/agents can voluntarily carry firearms.
    During the first year of employment, officers/agents are required to attend 640 hours of training classes.
    After the first year of employment, officers/agents are required to participate in a minimum of 40 hours of training plus firearms qualification per year.
    A bachelor’s degree is the entry-level education requirement for professional positions.
    Law Enforcement is a broad term. Probation and Parole are part of the Law Enforcement Family. Are you street cops, no. Your function in Law Enforcement is a different arena. Correctional Officers are as well. You all play a role in the Criminal Justice System.

    The way I see it, if you carry a badge and have to deal with criminals all day, you're part of the Law Enforcement Family.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest
    We are certified Correctional Probation Officers. Shit Rambo, if you want to be a cop so bad, then join a police force. Face it, we are more social workers than anything else. Get it through your thick skull. Let me guess. You walk around the office all geared up? If we had a psy evaluation, you would not be hired. Ok Tackle Berry. GEE.

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    According to the states governing body, FDLE, we are not LEO's. Until they say otherwise, you are wrong. As they say on Dragnet, just the facts sir.
    Then post where FDLE says we are not law enforcement. Or shut up, Gaston!

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are certified Correctional Probation Officers. Shit Rambo, if you want to be a cop so bad, then join a police force. Face it, we are more social workers than anything else. Get it through your thick skull. Let me guess. You walk around the office all geared up? If we had a psy evaluation, you would not be hired. Ok Tackle Berry. GEE.
    Just because you are so fat, Buford that a tactical vest can't get around your big belly, don't blame the rest of us that are dressed for the job. All geared up to you is a cigarette in one hand and a doughnut in the other. Fat boy!

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are certified Correctional Probation Officers. Shit Rambo, if you want to be a cop so bad, then join a police force. Face it, we are more social workers than anything else. Get it through your thick skull. Let me guess. You walk around the office all geared up? If we had a psy evaluation, you would not be hired. Ok Tackle Berry. GEE.
    Instead of asking where it is written by FDLE. Why don't you get off your lazy azz and look it Up. Better yet, give the training section a call and ask them. Man you are so lazy.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Instead of asking where it is written by FDLE. Why don't you get off your lazy azz and look it Up. Better yet, give the training section a call and ask them. Man you are so lazy.
    I don't need to call FDLE or look it up Buford because I'm saying your full of shit. So prove me wrong fat boy.

  9. #9
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then post where FDLE says we are not law enforcement. Or shut up, Gaston!
    Hey Buford, did you go to a police academy or probation academy. I do believe that the hours are a lot different. Besides that why are you worried so much about being recognized as LAW ENFORCEMENT? Key is that you are not SWORN officer. As a matter of fact you can go to peoplefirst and look at some of the jobs posted and they state that "corrections/probation" does not constitute sworn law enforcement experience. You have a gun and a badge, but you have PROBATION on the back

  10. #10
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Not much

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey Buford, did you go to a police academy or probation academy. I do believe that the hours are a lot different. Besides that why are you worried so much about being recognized as LAW ENFORCEMENT? Key is that you are not SWORN officer. As a matter of fact you can go to peoplefirst and look at some of the jobs posted and they state that "corrections/probation" does not constitute sworn law enforcement experience. You have a gun and a badge, but you have PROBATION on the back
    Actually they have one more legal class and a driving class. Probation and Police went through the same academy in Volusia County back in the day and we did our classes together.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •