Quota Set in Email by Major?l - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is againist no state statute to require X number of contacts per shift as a "PERFORMANCE INDICATOR" for evaluation purposes. The can you require you stop as many cars as they would like per statute, HOWEVER they cannot require you to write X number of citations per day that part would violate FSS
    I was told it says they want 2 citations per hour especially on SOAR, and it wasn't a quota.

Unregistered
    Congrats Major, you're a household name from Pasadena to Palm Beach

Unregistered

Cool Wrong.

The can you require you stop as many cars as they would like
    That's where your wrong. To stop a car you need to observe a violation, commonly known as 'probable cause'. Since you as an officer can not make a person violate a traffic law, you can not possibly be required to stop a certain number of cars. While this may not be a violation of the quota law, I'm sure a good attorney could make a decent class action lawsuit case in response to a directive such as this. Especially if an officer is given a bad performance review and/or punished based solely on something that can not be predicted or guaranteed to occur in his/her presence.

That having been said there is no excuse for not putting on the uniform, driving around, occasionally stopping to help motorists, responding to calls and when necessary issuing warnings/citations. They pay you to be a traffic officer, do your jobs.

P.S. Florida Highway Patrol pay is horrible and the state of Florida should be ashamed of itself. I feel quite blessed that there are people willing to even put on a badge and pretend to cops at this point.

Unregistered
    That's where your wrong. To stop a car you need to observe a violation, commonly known as 'probable cause'. Since you as an officer can not make a person violate a traffic law, you can not possibly be required to stop a certain number of cars. While this may not be a violation of the quota law, I'm sure a good attorney could make a decent class action lawsuit case in response to a directive such as this. Especially if an officer is given a bad performance review and/or punished based solely on something that can not be predicted or guaranteed to occur in his/her presence.

That having been said there is no excuse for not putting on the uniform, driving around, occasionally stopping to help motorists, responding to calls and when necessary issuing warnings/citations. They pay you to be a traffic officer, do your jobs.

P.S. Florida Highway Patrol pay is horrible and the state of Florida should be ashamed of itself. I feel quite blessed that there are people willing to even put on a badge and pretend to cops at this point.
    You need reasonable suspicion to stop a car, Johnny Cochran. I don't know what else you typed after PC because I quit reading at that garbage. Mommy should ground you from the internet.

Unregistered
    Congrats Major, you're a household name from Pasadena to Palm Beach
    Spaulding should fire that dumbarse for causing everyone at GHQ so many headaches. Poor, poor judgment for a troop commander. Kelly Hildreth probably wrote the email for him like she used to do for Brierton.

Unregistered
    Mark Welch should be terminated immediately.

Unregistered
    Troop H, now is your chance to let the Executive Director know what goes on up there.

Do you really want your voice to be heard about your concerns? Take the effort your putting into this forum and send your concerns to Executive Director Rhodes directly.

Complete an "ask the Director" with your concerns. If you're worried about anonymity, email her from a personal email at terryrhodes@flhsmv.gov and don't sign your name. Do you think it's a big conspiracy and you can't really remain anonymous and someone at FHP will try to get your IP address (not going to happen)? Then write her a letter and send it to her with no return address (yes she would read it).

It drives me crazy to see people come on here and voice their concerns knowing the people who make decisions don't see them. Make a difference and channel your efforts where they will actually make a difference rather than put a black eye on the agency.

Unregistered
    To All: Troop H Major potions just opened up. All captains may apply!
    Oooh, do tell what the magic Troop H "potion" is.

Unregistered

Talking Keep making my job easy....

You need reasonable suspicion to stop a car, Johnny Cochran. I don't know what else you typed after PC because I quit reading at that garbage. Mommy should ground you from the internet.
    There are several instances of reasonable suspicion which would hold up under scrutiny in court, but based on my experience you guys rarely meet them. Keep stopping cars based solely on 'cough' suspicion. Try taking your suspicion to court after you find evidence of a more serious crime on your stop. Unless the defense attorney is a fool, he'll make you look like the shit bag you are for stopping a car with out cause. I truly enjoy defending my clients against the officers being pushed out of LEO academies these days, especially the Florida HP. You guys make it easy on me. Keep up the good work.

Unregistered

Like there are not observable violations on every corner. You can not drive anywhere without seeing bad driving behavior. My God you guys are ignorant losers,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast