Thoughts on applying?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    What SO s*** canned you?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What SO s*** canned you?
    Pasco. During my probationary year. I was called in to professional standards as a witness to something my Sgt. had done almost 2 months earlier, and when I didn't give an accurate statement, due to time lapse and a poor recollection of the event, they accused me of "untruthfulness in SO matters". Since I was in probationary period, I wasn't given a name clearing hearing with the command staff or a chance to appeal. They just canned me like 2 days later for what was just an honest mistake (irony much?). Hand to God. I'm a sincere and honest guy, and was a good deputy, and wouldn't have dreamed of lying to IA.

I've heard about the terrible reputation that agency has. Lots of guys getting canned for stupid stuff and finding work elsewhere. Hindsight.....

Unregistered
    This is going to be hard to overcome for you and the agency that were to hire you if your integrity were to ever come into question again. You have an employment history that is a liability and I am not sure any agency will be will willing to risk having you out there representing them knowing that every defense attorney will be happy to call your integrity into question and point the finger at our command staff since we knew about it when we did your background up at Pasco. Right, wrong or indifferent that is just the reality of law enforcement.

Unregistered
    This is going to be hard to overcome for you and the agency that were to hire you if your integrity were to ever come into question again. You have an employment history that is a liability and I am not sure any agency will be will willing to risk having you out there representing them knowing that every defense attorney will be happy to call your integrity into question and point the finger at our command staff since we knew about it when we did your background up at Pasco. Right, wrong or indifferent that is just the reality of law enforcement.
    I guess I just missed the idea of old school law enforcement, when everything wasn't game and we all trusted and supported one another. I don't know what happened to this profession that changed it so severely. To the point that LEOs are so cynical and jaded that they can't even trust their own. And now people like me, who have spent their entire lives preparing and sacrificing for this career, just get thrown aside like garbage and are force to start over and completely rebuild their lives.

Unregistered
    If that is what you are looking for then apply somewhere else because you will not find it here or many other agencies any longer for that matter. Unfortunately, those days are long gone my friend. You may be able to find camaraderie among your fellow squad members, but if you are looking for more than that anywhere you are going to be out of luck.

You work any career to provide for your family, earn a pension and make it home safely every day.

Unregistered
    I just hate the idea of having my career ruined before it had even started, just because my department said something negative about me, which wasn't even true, but didn't need to be substantiated because I was a probationary Deputy. I mean, they sponsored me through the academy and everything, so they had enough information about me trust my character and to feel comfortable hiring me and paying my way through training. How exactly that trust IMMEDIATELY dispanded as soon as I got out of FTO, I'm not entirely sure.

Unregistered

Overcompensating a hole

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    if you have a criminal record ,have been dumped from another agency's backround, failed an fto program, fired or otherwise left another department under questionable circumstances, or a retired know it all. Please do not apply here and waste our time.
    i guess you are perfect. From a perfect family, best cop ever. Can do no wrong.......lol

Unregistered
    Well, got my "No thanks, please try again in 12 months" email today. Didn't even get an interview.

Unregistered
    This agency is not going to hire you with your termination; even if you are successful at explaining it as a 'he said, she said' you probably need to try somewhere else or find a different line of work. There are a lot of agencies around here that are hiring,; it is just going to be an uphill battle being cut loose for a moral turpitude violation from an agency, especially as a probationary deputy. Remember, moral turpitude is one of the violations that CJSTC stipulates to bar/decertify officers from certification and if Pasco were to forward the dismissal to them you could be facing an administrative hearing there I would think as well. Good Luck.

Unregistered
    This agency is not going to hire you with your termination; even if you are successful at explaining it as a 'he said, she said' you probably need to try somewhere else or find a different line of work. There are a lot of agencies around here that are hiring,; it is just going to be an uphill battle being cut loose for a moral turpitude violation from an agency, especially as a probationary deputy. Remember, moral turpitude is one of the violations that CJSTC stipulates to bar/decertify officers from certification and if Pasco were to forward the dismissal to them you could be facing an administrative hearing there I would think as well. Good Luck.

It WAS a he said, she said. They DID forwarded it to the FDLE/CJSTC, as it is reflected on my global profile sheet, and they chose to take no action against me. As it was explained to me, they perform their own investigation to determine what, if any, action to take against a certification. They took none against mine. No suspension, no probation, nothing. They probably didn't feel that situation warranted it, and it didn't. The only reason I was dismissed is because I was on probation, as it would not have held for a minute had I had the same rights as non-probationary deputy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast